• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordCanti

I read the spoilers by accident before I knew it had leaked but it was worse than I figured. The Queen being the one to scream "Noooo!" and try to stop it at the final moment, the crazed look in his eye... Stannis, the guy who held out under siege for a year... dammit.

The rest of the episode is kind of a blur. Everything in Dorne was fine, I guess, if not a smidge hammy. The little bit at the wall was fine. The CGI on the flight out of the pit wasn't stellar but it wasn't the worst either.

I'm so pissed. Not just that he agreed to burn her, but at everything surrounding it. Ramsay coming in with twenty men, finding the vital supplies, and burning them all under the cover of darkness. The Queen (the most devout follower of the Lord of Light outside of Mel) being the one to waver at the final moments. The idea that this isn't going to happen at all but that D&D decided burning a kid was a nice shock moment for TV (just like what's his face secretly being a creep with the whole "too old" thing. I know it's to set up her going back the next night but there had to be a better way).

:c

Burt

It was pretty meh, but not terrible.

The Arya/Trant stuff doesn't really need to be dragged out across episodes or require the additional pedophile justification.

Dorne was actually decent stuff for once.

Stannis burning Shireen is shitty, but yeah, that's been on the books for forever and'll probably wind up in the actual books as essentially the same thing. Shireen's getting burned, and no one's burning Shireen without Stannis' say-so. Which is why Stannis and Melissandre are false as shit and always have been.

Some of the fighting in the pit was in that decent middle ground between Sand Snakes and Hardhome, but the fact that it was only enabled by Jorah turning into doo doo takes the excitement out of it. Unsullied getting ruined is a joke per usual, but it's made worse by the fact that apparently there were only 10 Unsullied in town at all.

The dragon looked great on the ground, but the flying stuff was rough.

duckroll

The funniest thing about the episode was how obvious it was that they didn't want to use a stuntman for Jorah, because they needed his face in every shot. So the entire gladiator match was in slow motion, and everyone was pausing all the time waiting for him to react or catch his breath. I was laughing so hard. It was like a senior citizen WWE match.

hydruxo

It was an underwhelming ep, but certainly not awful like some people are making it out to be. Thankfully next week should be jam packed.

bengraven

god...damn...god damn...the screams cut short...god damn. show some fucking real suffering you asshole.

also..."now this is podracing".

Turin

Banned
This show is fan fiction. Sometimes very good. Sometimes terrible. Certainly not worth purchasing DVD's of.

Maybe one day there will be an animated adaption that I've always believed the story was better suited for.

Thankfully, George will get the last word in when A Dream of Spring releases.

Somnia

God damn can people just realize this is a fucking fantasy story. If you don't like this world that they are in then please quit reading and watching right now.

Kaladin

You could say flying the dragon is the new jumping the shark.

D8T9aO5.gif

This show is fan fiction. Sometimes very good. Sometimes terrible. Certainly not worth purchasing DVD's of.

Maybe one day there will be an animated adaption that I've always believed the story was better suited for.

Thankfully, George will get the last word in when A Dream of Spring releases.

George had his word, in this very episode!

giga

Harpies taming Drogon? Really? Dragons, let alone the reincarnation of Balerion, can take on entire armies by themselves if I'm remembering this right.

Amir0x

Banned
Wow I wish there was a thread for people who read the books and also actually like the show.

Translated:

"I wish there was a place made of rainbows and unicorns and fairy dust so that I never have to hear negativity about the things I enjoy!"

You want some fanboy forum somewhere, they exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom