• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
Heh, non-readers must be creaming themselves at the notion of Jon becoming Jon Stark.

BTW I'm glad they're not wasting any time.

jett

D-Member

You're bringing back a fan favorite that fits the location and situation. You don't have to waste time introducing a new character. Audience is immediately receptive.

Anyway, I would guess most book readers have been wanting to see Jaqen return. :p

Instead of adding new characters that never get any fleshing out, use a character that showed show watchers what faceless men are all about. It all takes Arya's arc back to the list.

it just makes complete sense.

Only reason people think it doesn't is because GRRM didn't do it.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
You know how you properly govern a city with two battling forces? You stage a public execution of a citizen! #JustMhysaThings

Ponn

Banned
Not sure if TV Dany is ruthless and emotionless or if actress is terrible.

Maybe both.

Well, both really, but honestly Meeren is where she started to go downhill for me. I have hopes for her though.

Honestly I think the only character that wasn't on a rollercoaster for me was Arya. She was always getting better and better.

duckroll

Holy shit. This must be the largest divergence from the books ever. Literally every scene and storyline outside of the Jon Snow election did not exist in the books. Even those which started up with some similarity had huge departures by the end. Pretty crazy. I guess this will be remember as the point where the books and show split completely.

Holy shit. This must be the largest divergence from the books ever. Literally every scene and storyline outside of the Jon Snow election did not exist in the books. Even those which started up with some similarity had huge departures by the end. Pretty crazy. I guess this will be remember as the point where the books and show split completely.
I'm ok with Mereen, I like how the situation escalates.

You have to keep in mind that Dany has no experience doing well...anything. She hasn't even been around rulers or leaders (except for maybe Drogo). She doesn't know how to rule, govern or well anything much. She has shown flashes of brilliance, but that's about it.

So it's no surprise to see her make decisions that turn out to be bad.

She can be a conqueror but she can't be a ruler...yet.

Edit:

I need Drogon gif in it's full HD glory.

NOW

Zocano

I mean you can be disappointed in a character's failings but it's better (e.g. more interesting) than them being silly shit mary sues. I don't get people sometimes.

LordCanti

Other than the convenience of Brienne and Pod just happening to run into Sansa and Littlefinger, it was a good episode. It's a shame that Sam's shenanigans weren't what got Jon elected but I guess that's being a bit too nit picky at this point with almost everything else having diverged completely.

I have a feeling that Bronn is going to eat it in Dorne because Jaime is too important by comparison. I guess we'll see.

Dany's story is still as big of a disaster as it was in the books but hopefully it'll diverge into something better shortly.

Jaqen! (though maybe just the kindly man with his face)

This hissing. lol.

:/ Yeah

Patriots7

You have to keep in mind that Dany has no experience doing well...anything. She hasn't even been around rulers or leaders (except for maybe Drogo). She doesn't know how to rule, govern or well anything much. She has shown flashes of brilliance, but that's about it.

So it's no surprise to see her make decisions that turn out to be bad.

She can be a conqueror but she can't be a ruler...yet.

Edit:

I need Drogon gif in it's full HD glory.

NOW
Which makes Varys' "She's the ruler that Westeros needs" sound even more laughable.

So... Dany's going to marry Hizdahr to try and pacify the civil war. Don't think they're even feinting at Hizdahr being connected to the Harpy this time, so I'm guessing it won't work.

someday

Banned
I've been on board for Dany for the most part. Tonight was easily the dumbest decision she has made as ruler. What did she think would happen when she executed him in front of the entire city? I mostly like Ser Barristan too but perhaps he's not the adviser to lean on outside of Westeros.

But Drogon was pretty freaking amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom