• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got into a conversation with someone who had responded to Linda, and she RTd a tweet about (potential episode 10 spoiler):
Brienne killing Stannis. Thus burning Shireen was the irredeemable act required for him to be killed.

o5Mxc8P.gif

ultron87

Yeah, what the hell is the final word on this disease/sickness? Didn't Davos rub his face directly on Shireen's when they hugged?

Shireen's is (was) inert or something like that I think. So it probably isn't contagious anymore considering they let her walk around all the time.

Pein

Banned
I'm still team stannis, but damn if they didn't make me hate everyone trying to get the throne. Might as well let Tommen be king now.

Got into a conversation with someone who had responded to Linda, and she RTd a tweet about (potential episode 10 spoiler):
Brienne killing Stannis. Thus burning Shireen was the irredeemable act required for him to be killed.

So stupid. This show really likes making black and white characters nowadays.

I think she'll be fine. D&D don't do subtle. If Dany was infected, the camera would have zoomed in for a good 12 seconds and someone in Westeros would have made an offhand comment about the infectious nature of grayscale.

Oh yeah, I'm positive Dany is fine, I'm just looking for some logical consistency.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Random controversial events: the season.

I'm still team stannis, but damn if they didn't make me hate everyone trying to get the throne. Might as well let Tommen be king now.

He already burned a ton of other dudes at the stake and killed his brother with shadow magic. Dude was already an asshole, tbh.

Iksenpets

Banned

If this is how things go down, my guess is that the book plot will have Stannis defeating the Boltons and marching south. He plans to hit the Freys next, and maybe does, but since Brienne is tied up in that situation, she kills him there. If that's the case, then it really feels like they're just not interested in the Stannis story, and want it over with so it doesn't take up any space in season 6, so they're moving up his end with Brienne.

Zolo

If this is how things go down, my guess is that the book plot will have Stannis defeating the Boltons and marching south. He plans to hit the Freys next, and maybe does, but since Brienne is tied up in that situation, she kills him there. If that's the case, then it really feels like they're just not interested in the Stannis story, and want it over with so it doesn't take up any space in season 6, so they're moving up his end with Brienne.

Yeah. Sounds like it could be the case to me.

Zolo

He already burned a ton of other dudes at the stake and killed his brother with shadow magic. Dude was already an asshole, tbh.

Aside from one show deviation (which I hated), the people he burned were criminals....which I've always hated since it's a horrible way to kill someone, but at least the people were criminals rather than random non-believers. In the case of Renly, would it have been better if Renly had just been another contender for the throne?

How did Davos know that 20 good men did it? Was it just a line in case the audience were too dumb to make the connection? Also fuck D&D

Pein

Banned

yeah, but he had to kill renly because he was a usurper, he always had cause and did things for reason. now he's burning his daughter on a whim.
Targs don't get sick. Dany says so in ADWD

she's also crapping her guts out by a river in ADWD.

Im not sure if they are uninterested. It may just be that they timelined the whole thing and needed to collapse and simplify the show for timing and simplicity reasons.

I'm still a bit nervous how they are going to handle the final few seasons. HBO needs to bankroll a shit ton of money for the final few conflicts if they want to do this justice. I can't fathom them pulling off the final parts of the story while limiting their budget like they have this season.

Zolo

Im not sure if they are uninterested. It may just be that they timelined the whole thing and needed to collapse and simplify the show for timing and simplicity reasons.

I'm still a bit nervous how they are going to handle the final few seasons. HBO needs to bankroll a shit ton of money for the final few conflicts if they want to do this justice. I can't fathom them pulling off the final parts of the story while limiting their budget like they have this season.

COUPLE of seasons....unless plans have changed.

Kain

Good night my sweet prince.

I'm changing teams again for the show:

#TeamEuron

Sure, she starts out as all of those things and slowly grows away from them. But I don't see what any of that has to do with her not being grateful enough towards Nice Guy Tyrion after she was forced to marry him in the third season/book.

Looks to me like they're skipping that completely, since they're already drawing on
the "Mercy" preview chapter for TWOW

NB Do we have to tag stuff from a preview chapter if it's already been/being covered by the show?

I guess but it could be both... Yes we spoiler tag TWOW stuff regardless.

Zolo

So....for the next 2 seasons...

Season 6:
Half the season is Euron/Dany conflict before she finally starts taking on the rest of Westeros the other half of the season?

Season 7:
White walker focus for the finale?

Season 6:
Half the season is Euron/Dany conflict before she finally starts taking on the rest of Westeros the other half of the season?

Season 7:

Honestly can't see how they will wrap this up satisfactory within 2 seasons. That still feels way too rushed.

Targs don't get sick. Dany says so in ADWD

She's wrong. Several Targs died in the Great Spring Sickness alone.

I thought there were just a shit ton of ex-slave owners in Mereen, therefore killing the house heads won't really do much.

However if they're mostly sell swords then yea, a purge of the men with money would seemingly end that overnight.
It would make sense, Dany just doesn't want to kill them. Which is funny considering how many slave masters she killed taking the city.

Jarmel

Banned
I thought there were just a shit ton of ex-slave owners in Mereen, therefore killing the house heads won't really do much.

However if they're mostly sell swords then yea, a purge of the men with money would seemingly end that overnight.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
There's no way they can resolve this in 7 seasons that won't be incredibly rushed and condensed. Not saying they won't do that though.

Jigorath

Banned

Season 6:

Season 7:

You don't have to spoiler tag that. It's just speculation. I'm thinking season 6 will be Danaerys bringing Fire and Blood to Westeros while Jon tries to deal with the Others.

Zolo

You don't have to spoiler tag that. It's just speculation. I'm thinking season 6 will be Danaerys bringing Fire and Blood to Westeros while Jon tries to deal with the Others.

I've gotten too used to spoiler-tagging over the last couple of days. =P

By the way, just got this on Greyscale from the wiki:

Might be necessary that the contact is from affected skin. Like how some stds are more contagious when there are visible flare ups.

Don't think it's really indicative of anything with Dany/Jorah.

Dysun

I buy it, seems like something D&D would cook up.
Can't have a good character kill a gray character, make him EVIL

Patriots7

She seemed pretty sick and the end of ADWD though.
Thought she was having a miscarriage/poison berries.

Slight exaggeration but I always thought that her point was that some in their family have a higher threshold against illness than most. Or maybe she and Viserys were just lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom