• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they don't kill Stannis before Winterfell, he has to take Winterfell. If he takes Winterfell, the Boltons are dead.

I think it would be cool to begin the episode by showing a montage of a decisive Winterfell battle, followed by head spikes of the Bolton clan.

But I know that's unrealistic.
Did they run out of budget for battles? Lol

Speevy

Banned
Did they run out of budget for battles? Lol

They don't have time for this particular one, I wouldn't think.

Especially considering a proper telling of it would be Winterfell fortifying itself against an onslaught that might last months.

Theon I believe said a small Winterfell force could defend it from a huge force of invaders.

RyanDG

My guess is that Arya will complete her training, get almost all people on the list, but to finish the list she would have to kill a Stark for some reason.

Is Theon on her list? Shouldn't she know he "killed" her brothers? Because everyone else does.

Arya is being used in a long con by the Faceless men. They have no intent on actually making her a member. It's all a deliberate plan to kill one specific target as her 'end game'.

If that's the case what's the need to rush the siege on Winterfell? They haven't even reached that on the books. You have stannis travel and Jon preparing to leave later on to give him back up when boom ollie uses stab.

If she completes her training, why is she pursuing her own personal vendettas which the faceless men don't allow?

It would work, though at least there you would need to devote time and casting resources to it. They could have fixed this issue without spending an extra cent or minute.

That's exactly why she won't complete her training. She goes rogue.

die killing cersei, warg into nymeria and occupy the ruins of winterfell with her wolf pack

This I like, very dramatic and she ends up as some sort of urban myth.
Arya becomes a 'legend' or ghost story is a bit on the positive spectrum though

Who else thinks that the "next day girl" that Trant asks at the brothel will be Arya? I can see they trying to out her at the risk of being raped by him before killing him. And I have a feeling that Jaqen already knows what she is doing. Perhaps he is gonna check on her and help if she is danger.

Oh god no! No more rapes or implied rapes please! D&D can't do them right
Good god can you imagine the riots if they have Arya be nearly raped?
And no help from Jaquen, a pat on the back for a job well done maybe but no help, that would cheapen her talent

Arya is being used in a long con by the Faceless men. They have no intent on actually making her a member. It's all a deliberate plan to kill one specific target as her 'end game'.

How do you know this and who could the specific target be? And since when do the Faceless have an agenda?

But even the "major players" at this point are people she has no history whatsover with. She doesn't even know who any of them are, except Littlefinger whom I don't think she knows anything about really.

It's too late for her to get revenge, everyone she may have wanted revenge on is dead or ruined (Cersei).

Arya & Brienne are terrible RPG protagonists. LOL!

I've always thought (hoped more likely) of her character as Garret from the Thief games. He was trained by the keepers and very talented in doing the keeper thing but he decides to drop that and becomes kind of a pariah for the organisation, however they keep calling him for missions because he's so good at it.

CODE NAME MERCY. The new hit show on HBO brought to you as a collaboration between the teams behind ALIAS and Game of Thrones
I would watch the hell out of that, would be GOAT!

Probably assassinate Dany

I always wanted Dany to die literally inches away from the Iron Throne. Then the Red Keep collapses on top of her.

Speevy

Banned
If that's the case what's the need to rush the siege on Winterfell? They haven't even reached that on the books. You have stannis travel and Jon preparing to leave later on to give him back up when boom ollie uses stab.

Stannis' character arc is finished. He gave in to the darkness, and now he has to face the consequences.

hoos30

It could have worked if they had shown a really desperate situation, not just half a dozen soldiers in line with one of the shaking from the cold. Also it pains me to say it but the acting didn't deliver, Stannis felt out of character, and the way they portrayed Selyse was out of character. For the show may I clarify, because I think in the overall story it made sense, these people have been burning relatives since season 2.

It didn't help that the catalyst were "20 good men" destroying the supplies of an army of thousands, while not impossible, the odds were against them, so not showing how they pulled that shit out just adds to the joke of Ramsay's invincibility and makes the whole thing make no sense.

Did we REALLY need to see two episodes of men starving to death, freezing in the cold?? Of course if they did, the show would be accused of being heavy handed.

She will never be raped cause that would make people ragequit the show (me included). But I think this "pedophile" change to Trant's character might be used to get her in danger. I hope I'm wrong.

RyanDG

How do you know this and who could the specific target be? And since when do the Faceless have an agenda?

Its just my guess. Based on the books, I have absolutely no doubts that the Faceless men know Arya isn't letting go and never will. As a result, there has to be some ulterior motive to her training. This isn't an 'agenda'. It was an assignment they were given. So when I say they are going to kill one specific person, I'm not saying they are doing so to further their 'agenda', but to complete a task that they were provided (and Arya is the tool to do it). It goes back to the idea when Jaqen and Arya were talking about how long it would take for someone to die after speaking their name.

As for who the target is, I'm still working it out... I don't believe it is going to be one of the Starks, because the Faceless Men are too aware of Arya's continued connection to her family line... I also believe it has to be someone incredibly important (otherwise why go through the entire charade of pretend training her?)... So it has to be a major character...

Part of me is leaning towards Melisandre, but maybe that's just wishful thinking.

Moff

She will never be raped cause that would make people ragequit the show (me included). But I think this "pedophile" change to Trant's character might be used to get her in danger. I hope I'm wrong.

I think she will use that to get him in danger

Real Hero

If they for a second act like Arya's plan might not work and she might actually get raped, it would extremely comical especially in this season.

The master plan is still there - Ep 10 Spoilers

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/a-sand-snake-in-singapore---jessica-henwick-speaks-063840208.html

"What happens with the Sand Snakes is…extreme. Very extreme. So I’m really curious to see how people take it. I don’t know what else I can say!" says Henwick with a laugh. "Episode 10 sets the rest of the show on a very certain path. It’s a big move in Game of Thrones, and the Sand Snakes are a part of it."

Moff

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/a-sand-snake-in-singapore---jessica-henwick-speaks-063840208.html

"What happens with the Sand Snakes is…extreme. Very extreme. So I’m really curious to see how people take it. I don’t know what else I can say!" says Henwick with a laugh. "Episode 10 sets the rest of the show on a very certain path. It’s a big move in Game of Thrones, and the Sand Snakes are a part of it."

dany lands in dorne and the sand snakes kill her and ride a dragon each

Maybe Dorne has a point after all!

Joni

And no help from Jaquen, a pat on the back for a job well done maybe but no help, that would cheapen her talent

Maisie Williams can't have been 18 while filming this season, so I don't think they would do that.

Speevy

Banned
If the sand snakes plan all along was to get Dorann to start a war, I would think implicating Jaime in Trystane's death would be a better idea than hurting Myrcella.

The embattled crown doesn't have time for a war.

Chris R

Glancing at the other thread from time to time makes it obvious that a few posters there have read books or at least know certain spoiled aspects. Sucks for those who wan't a pure viewing experience, but whatever :\

If the sand snakes plan all along was to get Dorann to start a war, I would think implicating Jaime in Trystane's death would be a better idea than hurting Myrcella.

The embattled crown doesn't have time for a war.

Dorne needs to get in on the kinslaying, everyone else is doing it.

I hope we are both wrong. Ugh... honestly HBO would be in genuine danger if they go THAT far. It would be mean spirited, tasteless and horrible.

Part of me is leaning towards Melisandre, but maybe that's just wishful thinking.

You made some very good points and Melisandre as a target would work for the show as well since she gets really spooked when she looks into Arya's eyes.

Maisie Williams can't have been 18 while filming this season, so I don't think they would do that.

I have faith in the show writers to be absolutely horrible people and find creative ways to do so regardless of the actor's ages.
We could hear screams and such, Arya walks out covered in blood and disappear into the shadows cuz she's Batman now I guess

Shireen wargs into Ghost and tells Stannis she forgives him.

Father, you must go to the Dagobah system and be trained by Master Yoda!

Speevy

Banned
Dorne needs to get in on the kinslaying, everyone else is doing it.

Well it's either that or Dorne obtains smoking gun proof that Tommen is a bastard. Cutting Myrcella's ear before sending her to the capital does nothing.

Jaime knows the sand snakes/Ellaria are rebels, and would defend Dorann politically against any accusations now.

Fucking a they better not do what I think they're gonna do.

Kain

They will be doing a Darkstar, won't they?

Are the Sand Snakes going to kill Myrcella? Trystane?

It better not just be kidnapping Myrcella, that would be lame. But often when the cast says something like "you won't BELIEVE what happens!" it's not really that exciting.

Real Hero

Dorne this seasons is even more baffling if its leading the same thing as the books. What a shitty way to get there. Hope they kill jaime just for the shock

foxtrot3d

Banned
Are the Sand Snakes going to kill Myrcella? Trystane?

It better not just be kidnapping Myrcella, that would be lame. But often when the cast says something like "you won't BELIEVE what happens!" it's not really that exciting.

So, are they just going to not do "master" planner Doran reveal?

I think she will use that to get him in danger

Yes, this could work. But I guess they'll try to make some "suspense" with the situation. I'll be surprised if she manages to get full control of the situation and kills him like the boss she is supposed to be 'cause D&D loves some polemical drama.

There's not really a need other than not getting to the setup of Stannis vs Bolton which they've been leading to all season. Of course that's an issue with Dance as well.
dany lands in dorne and the sand snakes kill her and ride a dragon each
10/10

Yes, this could work. But I guess they'll try to make some "suspense" with the situation. I'll be surprised if she manages to get full control of the situation and kills him like the boss she is supposed to be.

Honestly I wouldn't mind something tasteful (and a bit Tarantino-esque)
To elaborate, say they enter a private room, Arya's all smiles and Meryn puts on his best pedo grin. The door closes but it's one of those cloth partitions and suddenly we see a huge splash cake the door. Arya walks out nonchalantly while being followed by a trail of blood.

I certainly wouldn't mind. Show Jaime is awful and pointless.

Had such high hopes for him when he first appeared this season.

Kain

Varys kills Trystane, implicating the crown.

Trystane being a bigger jobber than Quentyn? Nah, I don't think so.

I think Varys will kill Kevan and Pycelle as he is supposed to.

The SS might end up killing Myrcella and Bronn on their way back, though.

Ros8105

Yeah, I don't understand why they turned Jaime in to a comedian or whatever, it's pretty lame. He's like Tyrion 2.0... but more rapey.

Jon dies for real, no resurrection, and then someone, maybe Blackfish, someone we haven't seen in a long while, steps in out of nowhere, and says, "where's Jon? I need to tell him his parents were Lyanna and Rhaegar!"

Fade to black with Price is Right failure noise. Season ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom