• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
The SS might end up killing Myrcella and Bronn on their way back, though.

Bronn is comic relief so they can't kill him. They'll kill Myrcella but throw a pie in Bronn's face to distract him. Bronn looks at the camera and shrugs. End of season. Not even a fade to black, just a still image of Bronn shrugging while the credits roll.

Zolo

Jon dies for real, no resurrection, and then someone, maybe Blackfish, someone we haven't seen in a long while, steps in out of nowhere, and says, "where's Jon? I need to tell him his parents were Lyanna and Rhaegar!"

Fade to black with Price is Right failure noise. Season ends.

Don't you mean Howland Reed? =p

Bronn is comic relief so they can't kill him. They'll kill Myrcella but throw a pie in Bronn's face to distract him. Bronn looks at the camera and shrugs. End of season. Not even a fade to black, just a still image of Bronn shrugging while the credits roll.
Maybe I'm now the knight of blackberry

Then the audience laughs. Credits roll.

He was great when they actually followed his book story line in Season 3

Yep, but then the rape happened last season and that pretty much shit the bed for any sort of similar redemption arc afterwards. And this season has pretty much confirmed that with J+B's comedic romp through Dorne. Such a weird choice.

The sand snakes have thus far proven to be so bad at fighting that they couldn't assassinate Jaime or Bronn unless the two were asleep.

And even then they'd still probably fuck up somehow.

Speevy

Banned
The sand snakes have thus far proven to be so bad at fighting that they couldn't assassinate Jaime or Bronn unless the two were asleep.

Kain

Yep, I like that.

Jaime's arc this season has been boring and soulless, I still remember how Cersei guiltied him into going to Dorne and him with the appalled dog look. Fuck that. I want douchebag Jaime back, or at least transition him into the sarcastic diplomat he became in the books. But don't give me guilty daddy Jaime anymore.

Brakke

Banned
Wait, doesn't Myrcella have to become queen or something, with that prophecy? So maybe Trystane is killed.

She doesn't *have* to, prophecies are stupid.

Queen you shall be... until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear.

Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds, she said. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.

Cersei thinks "younger and more beautiful" is Marg, we think it's Dany, it could be Marcella I guess.

"Gold their crowns" could mean they all end up wearing crowns or it could just mean they're all blonde.

Iksenpets

Banned
Jon dies for real, no resurrection, and then someone, maybe Blackfish, someone we haven't seen in a long while, steps in out of nowhere, and says, "where's Jon? I need to tell him his parents were Lyanna and Rhaegar!"

Fade to black with Price is Right failure noise. Season ends.

Mance steps out of the shadows: "I need to tell Jon that I, Rhaegar Targaryen, am his father, and that in both my incarnations as Rhaegar and as Mance I actually didn't die and it was all a trick! Where's my boy? He needs to know about his pop's great tricks!"

mantidor

The master plan is still there - Ep 10 Spoilers

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/a-sand-snake-in-singapore---jessica-henwick-speaks-063840208.html

"What happens with the Sand Snakes is…extreme. Very extreme. So I’m really curious to see how people take it. I don’t know what else I can say!" says Henwick with a laugh. "Episode 10 sets the rest of the show on a very certain path. It’s a big move in Game of Thrones, and the Sand Snakes are a part of it."

Wow is sad that the whip scene was done for real because it was overshadowed by the horrible acting and that other sand snake throwing that spear.

Jigorath

Banned

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/a-sand-snake-in-singapore---jessica-henwick-speaks-063840208.html

"What happens with the Sand Snakes is…extreme. Very extreme. So I’m really curious to see how people take it. I don’t know what else I can say!" says Henwick with a laugh. "Episode 10 sets the rest of the show on a very certain path. It’s a big move in Game of Thrones, and the Sand Snakes are a part of it."

Bronn's a goner isn't he?

mantidor

She doesn't *have* to, prophecies are stupid.

Cersei thinks "younger and more beautiful" is Marg, we think it's Dany, it could be Marcella I guess.

"Gold their crowns" could mean they all end up wearing crowns or it could just mean they're all blonde.

Isn't Myrcella meant to die in that prophecy? Myrcella being a queen is something Cercei would be ok with.

jett

D-Member

What is this?

Massa

So many characters shave been sitting in one place for 9 episodes. It ludicrous.

That's how the series is, the POV chapters are not linear and some characters disappear for books until they're needed again. The show tries to minimize it for logistical reasons but they can't eliminate it completely.

That's how the series is, the POV chapters are not linear and some characters disappear for books until they're needed again. The show tries to minimize it for logistical reasons but they can't eliminate it completely.
In the case of Brienne, they haven't minimized it at all. They made a conscious decision to have her sitting in a chair, looking out if a window for pretty much the entire season, waiting to execute what plan exactly I dont know.

Speevy

Banned
Trystane charms the pants off the King's Landing crew.

Then for some reason he's a secret harpy AND sand snake, so he kills Tommen, Myrcella, and Dany.

I'd guess
the Sand Snakes will attempt to assassinate Myrcella during the journey to King's Landing, and Bronn will assist them. Hotah will cut his head off like he did to Oakheart.

But why? It looks like Ellaria and SS pledge loyalty to Doran...unless this is part of Doran's plan

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
But why? It looks like Ellaria and SS pledge loyalty to Doran...unless this is part of Doran's plan

Killing the chick your son (grandson? nephew? I can't remember) is supposed to marry in order to get him on the throne BEFORE they are married seems like a pretty bad plan.

Iksenpets

Banned
I'd guess
the Sand Snakes will attempt to assassinate Myrcella during the journey to King's Landing, and Bronn will assist them. Hotah will cut his head off like he did to Oakheart.

I'm really struggling to get to Bronn getting Oakheart'd at this point. They haven't shown the snakes trying to control him at all. Unless the antidote was secretly also mind control poison!

My guess is Obara makes the botched attempt against Myrcella, maybe takes Bronn down in the process, maybe not. The other two snakes don't approve after they and Ellaria pledged allegiance and intervene to stop her, and she rides away. Hotah is sent after Obara, and Nym and Tyene have earned some bit of trust for saving Myrcella's life, which sets up for them being sent as part of Trystane's entourage to KL so they can do their thing there.

Or she's way overstating extreme, and it's just going to be Doran revealing his plan and sending the Sand Snakes to KL.

foxtrot3d

Banned

Exactly, unless the Doran secret plan reveal is out then why exactly are we reverting back to the "rebellion" plot? At this point Doran should be revealing to them all his grand plan.

Speevy

Banned
You guys are spoiler-tagging speculation based on the word "extreme" that was used in an interview. I think you're okay to discuss it openly.

Trystane charms the pants off the King's Landing crew.

Then for some reason he's a secret harpy AND sand snake, so he kills Tommen, Myrcella, and Dany.
Don't forget he's also Daario , Euron, and Syrio. I mean, do you really think Little finger was the first one to use teleporters?

So he's a Facelss Man is what you're saying.
Well, Littlefinger's family hails from Braavos, no? So teleporters are clearly a braavosi invention.

So yes, he is a faceless man. He's working in conjunction with Littlefinger and the Iron Bank to get to King's landing
so they can kill Dany's Dragons.
It's D&D's way of getting the Old town plot going without needing to waste time in old town

/obvious tinfoil is obvious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom