• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveWD40

Question: where the fuck are the Second Sons in the show?

I assume they are being paid their fee, they supposedly follow Daario and are 2000 strong, but we only ever see him / Unsullied.

They have been mentioned sure, but never seen... Harpies never ambushed them?

I saw this speculation about how Arya's arc may end this season. I'm only tagging it because it genuinely seems like a plausible twist and it'd be a pity if it turned out to be true and we were all expecting it.

OYSTERS CLAMS AND COCKLESSSSSSS

8PC7DY3.gif

NeoGiff

Question: where the fuck are the Second Sons in the show?

I assume they are being paid their fee, they supposedly follow Daario and are 2000 strong, but we only ever see him / Unsullied.

They have been mentioned sure, but never seen... Harpies never ambushed them?

They've been in the background a few times this season, but they can easily be mistaken for Dothraki. One of them was killed by the Harpy Whore which ultimately led to Barristan being shanked.

The scale of Meereen and its inhabitants has been a massive failure on the show's part.

Ikael

The final episode is upon us! What are your predictions / speculation?

- Olly totally kills Jon. Duh
- Sansa kills Miranda, not Ramsay. And she kills her by pure chance
- Theon snaps out of Reek
- Both scape, only to be captured by Stannis
- Stannis marches and takes Winterfell, gets killed shortly after by Brienne
- Arya kills pedotrant, is forced to get rid off Needle
- Daenerys meets the Dothraki, resolves going to Westeros and / or shaking Meeren altogether. No diharrea is involved, but of course a dragon roar ends the season and fade to black sequence
- Dorne keeps being boring, showrunners botch the "fire and blood" line
- Sam is sent to Oldtown under Jon's orders
- The Night Watch stabs him, ending the season in the most retarded, pointless cliffhanger ever

I'd like there to eventually be an animated adaption, so that the grand scale can be captured properly.

I am glad to see that I am not the only crazy guy that thinks that an animated adaptation of game of thrones would rolfstomp the TV series and has the potential to be even better than the books.

Huge sense of scale + re-write by competent scriptwritters = WIN

Choabac

The final episode is upon us! What are your predictions / speculation?

- Olly totally kills Jon. Duh
- Sansa kills Miranda, not Ramsay. And she kills her by pure chance
- Theon snaps out of Reek
- Both scape, only to be captured by Stannis
- Stannis marches and takes Winterfell, gets killed shortly after by Brienne
- Arya kills pedotrant, is forced to get rid off Needle
- Daenerys meets the Dothraki, resolves going to Westeros and / or shaking Meeren altogether. No diharrea is involved, but of course a dragon roar ends the season and fade to black sequence
- Dorne keeps being boring, showrunners botch the "fire and blood" line
- Sam is sent to Oldtown under Jon's orders
- The Night Watch stabs him, ending the season in the most retarded, pointless cliffhanger ever

That all sounds reasonable. I hope that Arya isn't punished by being blinded. Only because they'll probably spend 3 to 4 episodes next season resolving that before she gets her sight back and then is sent to Oldtown or wherever.

At this point I rather they skip that and launch into her book 6 material for next season.

graffix13

I saw this speculation about how Arya's arc may end this season. I'm only tagging it because it genuinely seems like a plausible twist and it'd be a pity if it turned out to be true and we were all expecting it.

OYSTERS CLAMS AND COCKLESSSSSSS

Damn.

Ya got me.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Well, news did break today they are casting two twin babies for next season...

Big Boned Walda and Roose are having twins.

D&D please.

Casting twin babies doesn't mean twin characters in the show. TV/movies almost always use twins for a single baby character so they can split the film time, as infants are only allowed to be used in filming like 2 hours a day or something. It's very likely Roose's kid.

Gnome

Casting twin babies doesn't mean twin characters in the show. TV/movies almost always use twins for a single baby character so they can split the film time, as infants are only allowed to be used in filming like 2 hours a day or something. It's very likely Roose's kid.

They could also be bringing Val into the show, so they can start the season with sending Sam to Old Town with the switched babies.

Pluto

I thought about the entire Linda situation and it's weird because it seems like she's much worse in people's descriptions than she comes off when seen in person.
Granted, I only watch her and Elio's videos on youtube but she's really not bad in them, maybe a little stuck up and overly critical but often quite reasonable and she does give explanations why she doesn't like things.

The things she writes on twitter and elsewhere and her choice of words seems to be awful quite often but I think that's just a "superfan on the internet", it happens all the time, people like that take things too seriosuly and flip out over nothing, for all I know she could be a pleasant person to be around in real life.
She's certainly no angel but I'm not sure what's worse, her behaviour or people compiling lists of things she's said and done over several years.

In this case I see her point and understand why she was pissed, spoiling the novels in the bonus material to the episode was unnecessary and rude. Like they said, book readers went out of their way to preserve things like Ned's death, the spoiler was out there in book form but no one went out of their way to tell show watchers that it happens. We still do it here with the separate threads, so for the producers then intentionally spoiling a future book event in an interview is a shitty thing to do.

Book readers went out of their way to not spoil shit? What little bubble does she live in? Asoiaf readers were always making puns and in jokes about future events and characters.

Pluto

Book readers went out of their way to not spoil shit? What little bubble does she live in? Asoiaf readers were always making puns and in jokes about future events and characters.
Making puns and in jokes is not the same thing as outright spoiling stuff, show only watchers usually don't get it unless it's pointed out to them, that's the entire point of an in joke, you don't get it unless you're already in in it.

Making puns and in jokes is not the same thing as outright spoiling stuff, show only watchers usually don't get it unless it's pointed out to them, that's the entire point of an in joke, you don't get it unless you're already in in it.
I'm sure no tv only viewer could possibly decipher the da Vinci code of genius that is "lol red wedding will be a bloody good time"

Or "ned stark sure loses his head near the end"

And similar wink wink nudge nudge puns.

That all sounds reasonable. I hope that Arya isn't punished by being blinded. Only because they'll probably spend 3 to 4 episodes next season resolving that before she gets her sight back and then is sent to Oldtown or wherever.

At this point I rather they skip that and launch into her book 6 material for next season.

Rather they SHOULD blind her but take some inspiration from a recent Netflix masterpiece

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFYFh8w4758

Don't make her a victim though and turn it tragic even though that's how the books handle it
There should be one Stark at least whose pulled up his/her bootstraps since Sansa was squandered.

Jon counts too, he's a true Stark after all

Blatz

Ok, here are the current standings. I may have missed a ton of posts, so if you aren't on the list make sure you include either "#teamOllyKills" or "#teamOllySaves" in your post so I can count it.

STAND AND BE COUNTED

#teamOllyKills
m_shortpants
PfantzyPantz
Fuzzy
Jacob
Euron Crow's Eye
Atraveller
LordCanti
Violet_0

#teamOllySaves
munchie64
phaonaut

THE STAKES

O2p0kzy.png

I'm in #teamOllySaves.

They've been too heavy handed with it, so I think it's a bait and switch.

Blatz

Finale Speculation
I believe they'll remind everyone in the "Previously on" part how Bran Wargs into Summer. Then after Jon is stabbed it'll go black, we'll hear stuttered breath, then "Ghost, to me...Ghost" Then we'll see the wall from Ghost's eyes. - end season

Mel will resurrect in S6Ep1

Finale Speculation
I believe they'll remind everyone in the "Previously on" part how Bran Wargs into Summer. Then after Jon is stabbed it'll go black, we'll hear stuttered breath, then "Ghost, to me...Ghost" Then we'll see the wall from Ghost's eyes. - end season

Probably the best way to do it. Doesn't ruin the mystery...
The only problem is that
Warging
has been all but removed from the show

Also,

We can has Daredevil Arya?

Assassin's Creed: Oysters, Clams, and Cockels

You can stash bodies in the oyster cart.

I'm honestly shocked there hasn't been a cross promotion announced.
Can you imagine Assassin's Creed: Braavos? I mean it will be terrible thanks to Ubisoft but still...

You people keep saying they've been heavy handing ollie killing Jon so it won't happen. But their audience is t.v. Folks not book readers. Accept the truth like jon shall accept the knife.

Finale Speculation

My speculation
OYSTERS CLAMS AND COCKLES OYSTERS CLAMS AND COCKLES OYSTERS CLAMS AND COCKLES OYSTERS CLAMS AND COCKLES OYSTERS CLAMS AND COCKLES
OYSTERS CLAMS AND COCKLES OYSTERS CLAMS AND COCKLES OYSTERS CLAMS AND COCKLES OYSTERS CLAMS AND COCKLES

OYSTERS CLAMS AND COCKLES OYSTERS CLAMS AND COCKLES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom