• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchie64

I guess I'll do my predictions:
- Jaime gets a letter from Cersei asking him to come. He considers it but then Doran and surprise guest Varys convince him to join them. Because of this, he doesn't leave with Myrcella, who is attacked and hurt by the Sand Snakes, leading to a set up for more tension.
- Stannis begins his attack on Winterfell. Using the opportunity, Sansa kills Ramsay and escapes. I don't know how they'll have time for this, but Theon comes back and joins her. They are captured by Stannis mid battle. Brienne, trying to rescue Sansa, kills Stannis and escapes with the girl. Theon might die. Stannis's forces drop the Bolton flags, but with their leader gone, they dissipate.
- Cersei does walk and we see Frankenmountain. Simple. No Kevan killing yet. That'll be fine later, when it shows how much good he's doing.
- At Mereen, there's like a 2 minute scene of the gang going "Where's Dany?".
- Dany meets with the Dothraki. Just a little badass scene after they go "Where's Dany?".
- Arya grabs Needle and pretends to be a prostitute (maybe with a new face). When Trant goes in for sexy times, she stabs his cock. She is punished with blindness.
- Jon decides to go to Winterfell in a combination of learning about Sansa from the letter and Stannis from Davos. When he tells the Night's Watch, they're furious. He sends Sam away to become a Maester and not be in danger like the last time he left, Gilly comes too because of that. Before Jon leaves, he tries to break up a fight between the Wildings (plus maybe Wun Wun?) and the Nights Watch. This leads to the stabbing.
- #Ollysaves

Boy... that's a lot for one hour.

Edit: I have no fucking idea how Melly can have another scene with Jon this season.

She will eventually have many faces. Nobody will recognize her. Invisible spy.

Also oysters have magical properties

tf2_spy_update_17652.jpg

So if Arya is THE SPY, does that make Stannis THE PYRO?

Honestly I prefer Arya's brief stint as Daredevil
Please D&D I want to make a cool video out of it!

Brakke

Banned
Can we just not acknowledge whatever leaks may or may not have happened? Just going to make a mess of the thread with spoiler bars and people complaining the spoiler bars aren't sufficient etc etc etc.

munchie64

Can we just not acknowledge whatever leaks may or may not have happened? Just going to make a mess of the thread with spoiler bars and people complaining the spoiler bars aren't sufficient etc etc etc.
That would be good, considering what happened last time.
And I was part of that.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
It's a little different because it's a picture that just shows us something everyone in this thread already knew was gonna happen and doesn't imply anything further. There's not a lot to discuss.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
So has someone seen the entire finale? Where do these leaked pics keep coming from?

No way to know. A single leaked picture can come from literally anywhere e.g. someone who works on the production, someone who got a screener etc. If more info starts to leak like it did last week that's a different matter.

Speevy

Banned
Jon Snow is probably the most popular character other than Tyrion, especially to female viewers.

I know they're not always the best writers, but surely they understand the rules of television ratings and killing off characters for the following season.

Crisco

Banned
Has the show foreshadowed Jon's death and resurrection as heavily as the books have? I honestly can't remember much other than "Kill the boy" and some bullshit Mel said.

kirblar

Has the show foreshadowed Jon's death and resurrection as heavily as the books have? I honestly can't remember much other than "Kill the boy" and some bullshit Mel said.
"He always comes back" and Ghost are really the only things they've done to allude to it.

Speevy

Banned
I think you actually need to know what warging is before you can warg, unless it's just a survival instinct.

They have to do the Melisandre resurrection thing. They HAVE to.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
I think you actually need to know what warging is before you can warg, unless it's just a survival instinct.

They have to do the Melisandre resurrection thing. They HAVE to.

Think maybe Davos would bring Jon's body back to Stannis's camp/Winterfell?

Lothar

Banned
I wonder why they felt the need to make this the darkest season. I mean, it is by far, right?

FoC and ADWD actually felt like a break from horrible things happening. Most of the main characters were relatively safe. Jon died but no one believed it with all the foreshadowing about him being resurrected that isn't in the show. If Jon dies with no hint of coming back along with Stannis turned into an evil Ramsay villain, that's pretty hardcore to do to viewers. They haven't cared about giving people anything positive to hold onto this season. Nothing to hope for. They're harsher than GRRM.

Real Hero

I wonder why they felt the need to make this the darkest season. I mean, it is by far, right?

FoC and ADWD actually felt like a break from horrible things happening. Most of the main characters were relatively safe. Jon died but no one believed it with all the foreshadowing about him being resurrected that isn't in the show. If Jon dies with no hint of coming back along with Stannis turned into an evil Ramsay villain, that's pretty hardcore to do to viewers. They haven't cared about giving people anything positive to hold onto this season. Nothing to hope for. They're harsher than GRRM.

They probably feel pressured to be

hoos30

Cool theory on this week's Bald move podcast... What if Westeros has to dismantle the Iron Throne to procure more Valerian Steel swords to fight the WWs?

Cool theory on this week's Bald move podcast... What if Westeros has to dismantle the Iron Throne to procure more Valerian Steel swords to fight the WWs?

That would be really cool, but wasn't the throne made from the regular swords of all the houses that surrendered to the Targaryens after the conquest?

It's because they have to cram everything together. Like, FoC/ADWD have the bad thigns spaced out that it softens the blow of the bad things that happen. In the show they have to cram ALOT of FoC/ADWD into it, so it's nonstop blows of negativity.

Iksenpets

Banned
Did he let him out during the battle at the wall last season or did someone else do that? Either way Jon barely interacts or is in the presence of Ghost on the show. I'm pretty sure Sam has interacted more with Ghost than Jon has.

He gives Sam he key to let him out. I think Ghost is pretty much Sam's dog at this point. He'll sneak Ghost off to Oldtown with him next episode.

It's because they have to cram everything together. Like, FoC/ADWD have the bad thigns spaced out that it softens the blow of the bad things that happen. In the show they have to cram ALOT of FoC/ADWD into it, so it's nonstop blows of negativity.

Eh, some of it is cramming, but there's definitely an element of them injecting extra negativity or cutting positive aspects. They up the ante on all the darkness of the Winterfell plot by putting Sansa there, and then cut all its positivity by removing all the northern lords who don't trust the Boltons. They invent a flaying scene for the old lady just to really crush hope. Then, of course, the sacrifice of Shireen, which seems to have been rushed forward to create a moment of extreme darkness for the Stannis plot, and I would bet that when we get Winds in 8 years, the show version of the sacrifice scene will be significantly darker than the book version.

I guess maybe Tyrion's plot is a bit lighter, since he's not being humiliated as a slave in jousting matches and getting almost fed to lions.

But seemingly most of the bad things that have happened in the show this season are things that D&D made up specifically for the show. Hence the complaints that the showrunners are feeling pressured to come up with 'shocking' shit to get viewers talking.

I agree with the other poster though, the two books were generally a reprieve (both good and bad) from all the crazy shit happening beforehand. Probably mainly to do with all the new characters and settings. At least that's how I remember it somewhat.

Lothar

Banned

Take Shireen getting burned. That's not in these two books. If it happens later, why add it here sandwiched between two events that had/will generate a RW type reaction? Then they remove the hopeful cathartic moments like Frey pies, Manderly helping out Davos, Jaime turning on Cersei, Freys getting hanged, Jaime trying to peacefully end the fighting, blackfish escaping again. They made it where we can no longer cheer on Stannis. They killed Berristan. They made Dany come off as genuinely crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom