• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiryu

Finale Speculation
I believe they'll remind everyone in the "Previously on" part how Bran Wargs into Summer. Then after Jon is stabbed it'll go black, we'll hear stuttered breath, then "Ghost, to me...Ghost" Then we'll see the wall from Ghost's eyes. - end season

Mel will resurrect in S6Ep1

I would be OK with this.

Didn't they establish warging with the Other that warged into the crow and attacked Jon? And with Brann into Hodor a few times last season?

I think most people will remember those moments.

Kusagari

My prediction:

The Boltons beat Stannis, Stannis dies, Mel lives. She sees Ramsay and instantly recognizes him as the true reincarnation in her prophecies. Mel joins the Bolton's.

SteveWD40

My speculation
OYSTERS CLAMS AND COCKLES OYSTERS CLAMS AND COCKLES OYSTERS CLAMS AND COCKLES OYSTERS CLAMS AND COCKLES OYSTERS CLAMS AND COCKLES
OYSTERS CLAMS AND COCKLES OYSTERS CLAMS AND COCKLES OYSTERS CLAMS AND COCKLES OYSTERS CLAMS AND COCKLES

OYSTERS CLAMS AND COCKLES OYSTERS CLAMS AND COCKLES

It still makes me chuckle even now.

How much can they really wrap up in 61 minutes? too many cliffhangers after last weeks gut punch is a bridge too far, especially without the sense of hope the books had (NC, warging etc...)

DToneli

Neo Member
I think what will happen is the same as in the books. Jon Snow will be stabbed, but it's uncertain if he dies. My honest opinion, #teamOllyKills.
The series is known for its "unhappy endings", otherwise I would be all for #teamOllySaves

Brakke

Banned
3/4 season endings are ~happy though. Dragons, Arya sailing to a new life, Mhysa the liberator.

It's known for savage / brutal Episode 9 climaxes, episode 10 denouements.

Brakke

Banned
That is Jon overseeing a fight between a wildling and a night's watch man. This is totally how it happens.

He breaks it up, gets stabbed like Mormont did.

I can't actually see that pic for some reason (work firewall?) but if that's what's happen then I get the prize:

All you need is a Brother and a Thenn getting in a scuffle; it's the Brother's fault, Jon rules death / punishment to the brother. Olly goes nuts.

Speevy

Banned
I can't actually see that pic for some reason (work firewall?) but if that's what's happen then I get the prize:

That's just me speculating but at this point I can't think of too many other things that would surprise Jon, especially after episode 8.

tmdorsey

Also, in the books Dany has a vision of Stannis in the House of the Undying, and that's always had me convinced that he lives long enough to face off with her, and that he's probably doomed in that encounter.

What was this vision again? Been so long since I read that book I forgot.

Iksenpets

Banned
What was this vision again? Been so long since I read that book I forgot.

She sees a pretty quick string of images. One is a dragon puppet controlled by a mummer, which most agree is definitely Aegon, one is a blue-eyed king with a red sword who casts no shadow, which everyone agrees is Stannis. The other two are a corpse on the prow of a ship smiling sadly and a stone beast flying from a tower. Those two are more controversial, but my guesses are that they're Victarion (sailing on his ship after having died and been risen by Moqorro) and Connington and his greyscale (the flying beast being a griffin).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom