• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
as in we don't know exactly what's gonna happen in the finale considering that season 5 has been so wildly different. telling us that X Y Z from the books happen is shitty.

XAL

I think he means not to spoil anything on the finale regardless if it happened in the books or not.

Ah. I mean, it's pretty obvious from the promos and story status what two major scenes are going to show up that happened in the books (Cersei and Jon).

As for the scene shown in the screengrabs that didn't happen in the books (yet?), that was not cool to discuss un-marked by spoiler tags even if the user believed it to be faked.

And we know some battle is going to happen at Winterfell but no one knows what is going to happen still (and if it gets leaked, it should be obvious to not post un-spoiler tagged - and not to be discussed without spoiler tags).

Brakke

Banned
"He ran his golden hand across her dark dark nips. It took him a long time because they're such big nips! Man oh man such nips they are. He stiffened at their bigness."

1) Please don't post any leaked images or discuss content from the leaks. Doesn't matter if you use spoiler tags or not.
2) Don't talk about where to acquire said leaks. There are plenty of other places on the internet to chat about this sort of thing.
3) Don't beg for PMs regarding leaked material.

The finale is on Sunday night and E3 is next week. This is a very bad time to take a ban.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
1) Please don't post any leaked images or discuss content from the leaks. Doesn't matter if you use spoiler tags or not.
2) Don't talk about where to acquire said leaks. There are plenty of other places on the internet to chat about this sort of thing.

The finale is on Sunday night and E3 is next week. This is a very bad time to take a ban.
Is the OT shutting down for E3?

SpaceHorror

I was just discussing Stannis burning Shireen with a friend and I realized something. The touching scene with her back at Castle Black, anyone else think it was more for Stannis' sake than her's? He knows Mel's magic works from the leeches and the deaths of the false kings. He was also willing to burn poor forever boating Gendry, so it's not unreasonable to believe he was more conflicted than he was letting on. Maybe that scene was all about him trying to strengthen his resolve against giving in to Mel and his wife.

Maybe this was obvious to everyone, but it just hit me. Probably because I had originally hoped it was D&D finally treating Stannis right after all these seasons.

I was just discussing Stannis burning Shireen with a friend and I realized something. The touching scene with her back at Castle Black, anyone else think it was more for Stannis' sake than her's? He knows Mel's magic works from the leeches and the deaths of the false kings. He was also willing to burn poor forever boating Gendry, so it's not unreasonable to believe he was more conflicted than he was letting on. Maybe that scene was all about him trying to strengthen his resolve against giving in to Mel and his wife.

Maybe this was obvious to everyone, but it just hit me. Probably because I had originally hoped it was D&D finally treating Stannis right after all these seasons.
I agree that it paints that scene in a different light.

whether it was intentional or not I can't say. But in hindsight it does seem interesting.

bengraven

Wish people would have followed these rules two pages ago.

Edit: eh, sorry, grumpy today. Do your thing you crazy GAFfers.

Gotta say. I really like how nice the they've done the snow on the black clothing. And the drab scenery. Nailed the winter feels.

tumblr_npqo94K21W1rjn473o2_500.gif

Once more for the new page:

iamblades

I agree that it paints that scene in a different light.

whether it was intentional or not I can't say. But in hindsight it does seem interesting.

IMO it just makes it worse, as the show hasn't really portrayed Stannis as someone who would do this. Even in the book it doesn't really seem like Stannis would do it(my personal hypothesis is that in the books Mel sacrifices Shireen to bring back the actual Azor Ahai, we know something bad is headed her way cause of all the foreshadowing, and given that she isn't with Stannis in the books, he can't be the one that gives the order).

But the show runners seem to have stopped giving a shit about earning their shock value moments through plotting and character development, so we get a shitty Ramsay covert op that is supposed to catch a great commander like Stannis so off guard that he is forced to do THAT? Really? They couldn't come up with better plot justification than that?

It's the same as the issue with Sansa this season, the showrunners wanted to expedite things by combining what they thought were two lackluster storylines, but instead of developing it with proper plotting and character development, they just rebooted Sansa to season 1 levels of naivete.

I was hesitant to react to the Shireen thing in the moment, because of how negatively I was feeling it, and due to the fact that she almost certainly does end up with a similar fate in the books. But the more I think of it, the more I think the writers and showrunners have simply given up on trying to create any kind of consistent narrative and are just going for big shock moments.

Ok, here are the current standings. I may have missed a ton of posts, so if you aren't on the list make sure you include either "#teamOllyKills" or "#teamOllySaves" in your post so I can count it.

STAND AND BE COUNTED

#teamOllyKills
m_shortpants
PfantzyPantz
Fuzzy
Jacob
Euron Crow's Eye
Atraveller
LordCanti
Violet_0
DToneli
graffix13
Dr_LucienSanchez
Pegasus Actual
iRAWRasaurus
CassSept
Patriots7
Ninja Beagle
spootime

#teamOllySaves
munchie64
phaonaut
Blatz
PhoenixDark
hammertomb
hoos30
Brakke

THE STAKES - YOU CHANGE YOUR AVATAR TO A PICTURE OF OLLY FOR A MONTH

O2p0kzy.png

Choose wisely.

Right now it's looking like we don't have a lot of faith in D&D, lol.

edit: no cheating if you've watched the leak or read spoilers :mad:

I'll join #teamOllySaves

Their "foreshadowing" on this has been so heavy handed and stupid that I want to give them the benefit of the doubt. It's all a ruse. Olly has learned quite a bit about morality from Sam and Jon, and will protect King Crow thus dying in the process...

You know what, I'm gonna say that Olly isn't going to be a part of it. It'll be a red herring.

Olly will be delivering Jon his morning crumpets or whatever, and when he enters he sees Jon surrounded by knives. Olly becomes traumatized.

RyanDG

Olly will be delivering Jon his morning crumpets or whatever, and when he enters he sees Jon surrounded by knives. Olly becomes traumatized.

Na... Jon wargs into Olly. Then he goes and marries Sansa in Winterfell after Theon cuts off Ramsay's manhood and feeds him to the dogs. It doesn't count as wrong (even though he is a Targaryen and would be into that), because he is technically in another body.

Na... Jon wargs into Olly. Then he goes and marries Sansa in Winterfell after Theon cuts off Ramsay's manhood and feeds him to the dogs. It doesn't count as wrong (even though he is a Targaryen and would be into that), because he is technically in another body.

No no no

Ramsay, instead of returning to Winterfell, goes forward to Winterfell with a few good men. Then he fights Jon in a shirtless 1v1 battle to the death. And then Jon dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom