• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it different? When the first episodes leaked people said it was all over for hbo. Then they broke their own ratings records. Leaks and piracy do nothing to harm.
Premiering all the episodes globally at the same time must have helped, HBO Asia being one episode behind the rest of the world was a huge mistake.

I expect something like this to happen:

Olly:
He cut me. When he put his hand to the side of his neck, blood welled between his fingers. “Why?”
“For the Watch.”

Alliser:
Then Bowen Marsh stood there before him, tears running down his cheeks. “For the Watch.” He punched Jon in the belly. When he pulled his
hand away, the dagger stayed where he had buried it.

- Warming Glow with a compilation of memes based on Sunday's episode

6SNoonq.jpg

aJZ5cjm.jpg

NeoGiff

Surprise surprise, WiC have the spoiler images on their front page.

STAY AWAY FROM WIC!!!

Although, this is good advice in general.

Anyone? What if Stannis wrote the pink letter?

He wouldn't really have much to write Jon other than "we need supplies." He doesn't know about Sansa, Jon didn't send Mance to Winterfell, I just don't think there's anything he could write that would make Jon do anything. I guess he could have written, "Help me take Winterfell or I'll burn my daughter," but too late for that.

edit: Oh shit, missed the S.T.A.N.N.I.S system, that is brilliant.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
haha, the S.T.A.N.N.I.S. system is gold.

Choabac

Given that the only resurrection we've been shown lately has to do with the Night's King, I wonder if he will be the one to resurrect Jon instead of Melisandre?

Actually on second thought, that will just be ripping of Warcraft 3.

Zolo

Dedicate
Advocate
Vote
Observe
Stannis

Guess this would be before last week.....I also couldn't come up with a good 'O'.

Forkball

game-of-lulz-7-13.jpg

Yup. How many unsullied die in the book? Like one? That was a big enough deal since Dany has a finite number of these guys and she's gotta conquer seven kingdoms with them. That's about 1,000 per kingdom. THEY'RE DROPPING LIKE FLIES.

Also this,
game-of-lulz-7-3.jpg

I hope Ghost rips Olly's throat out if he does stab Jon.

I've never totally understood the logic behind the decision to off Jon. If it was 'for the watch', offing Jon was pretty much the certain way of ensuring that the Watch was completely destroyed. You're outnumbered by thousands of Wildings loyal to Jon, a rampaging giant and a massive direwolf - the Watch would be slaughtered.

I've never totally understood the logic behind the decision to off Jon. If it was 'for the watch', offing Jon was pretty much the certain way of ensuring that the Watch was completely destroyed. You're outnumbered by thousands of Wildings loyal to Jon, a rampaging giant and a massive direwolf - the Watch would be slaughtered.

I guess the only way to really explain it is that it was a heat of the moment thing, because yeah, it's really a really stupid action to take at that moment in time if it's thought through at all.

graffix13

Not to mention the undead army that will soon be knocking on your door. And the only man who has killed one in combat? You just Caeser'd his ass.

Forkball

Not to mention the undead army that will soon be knocking on your door. And the only man who has killed one in combat? You just Caeser'd his ass.

Jon is so terrible when it comes to explaining stuff. He needs to come out and say, "Look guys, I just saw Ice Darth Maul summon up a thousand dead dudes and their GPS said they're coming for us." That shit would be the FIRST thing out of my mouth when I got back to the wall. Take this example from Hardhome.

Thenn: How did Mance die?

What Jon should have said: A southern king wanted to burn him alive as an example for refusing to subjugate his people and force them into another war. Mance was stalwart and dedicated to the principles of his people, and was willing to give his life for it. Although we fought against each other as enemies, he was a man who I also deeply respected and who had shown kindness when he could have just as easily tortured me. Before he died an agonizing death as the flames licked off his flesh, I gave him a quick death. Though I feared repercussions, I felt showing him this mercy was the honorable thing to do.

What Jon said: I put an arrow through his heart.

Iksenpets

Banned
Jon is so terrible when it comes to explaining stuff. He needs to come out and say, "Look guys, I just saw Ice Darth Maul summon up a thousand dead dudes and their GPS said they're coming for us." That shit would be the FIRST thing out of my mouth when I got back to the wall. Take this example from Hardhome.

Thenn: How did Mance die?

What Jon should have said: A southern king wanted to burn him alive as an example for refusing to subjugate his people and force them into another war. Mance was stalwart and dedicated to the principles of his people, and was willing to give his life for it. Although we fought against each other as enemies, he was a man who I also deeply respected and who had shown kindness when he could have just as easily tortured me. Before he died an agonizing death as the flames licked off his flesh, I gave him a quick death. Though I feared repercussions, I felt showing him this mercy was the honorable thing to do.

What Jon said: I put an arrow through his heart.

I honestly can't tell if that was Jon being an idiot (like his book counterpart often is when it comes to explaining himself) and Tormund just bailed him out, or if it was a smart calculation. Because the result he got was the best situation; he got to look strong and Tormund stepped up to defend him. That probably worked out better than him trying to make his own excuses would have. I just don't know if that was his intent or not.

If I'm Jon, I'd yell "You'd like some more ice zombies?" to Bowen every time he whines about the wildlings.

This is the stupidest shit.
They fight white walkers and dwights in ep8
ep9 they come back to the wall and they're all like "ugh we tired i'mma get some wine"

Just fucking tell them they have a huge army, they raise corpses, you killed one of them with valyrian steel and all that jazz for fucks sake

hoos30

It doesn't make any sense. I think people were just so happy to get to the end of the book that they didn't question it carefully.

This is a place full of hormonal criminals who act like college students with their rivalries. Their logic was that the Lord commander was breaking the vows and others were going along with it. It was out of desperation.

eot

Banned
It doesn't make any sense. I think people were just so happy to get to the end of the book that they didn't question it carefully.

You don't see how the LC going off to attack the Warden of the North is a bad thing for the Watch? Jon is making the entire NW an enemy of the Boltons by trying to save his sister, he's also obviously betraying his vows and the penalty for that is death.

Kain

They just don't see the big picture. Even if Jon hadn't the intention of helping fArya the Caesar was going to happen at some point. The NW is nowadays mostly made of scum and criminals, they are not intelligent, they just know their job is to kill wildlings (wrong) and that's it, and now along comes this guy, who was living amongst them and telling them to help the guys they are supposed to kill? The guys who have killed dozens of their friends? Most of them haven't even seen a WW, they don't know the terror. The pink letter was just the icing on the cake.

They just don't see the big picture. Even if Jon hadn't the intention of helping fArya the Caesar was going to happen at some point. The NW is nowadays mostly made of scum and criminals, they are not intelligent, they just know their job is to kill wildlings (wrong) and that's it, and now along comes this guy, who was living amongst them and telling them to help the guys they are supposed to kill? The guys who have killed dozens of their friends? Most of them haven't even seen a WW, they don't know the terror. The pink letter was just the icing on the cake.
Except it wasn't the scum type that killed him.

Flare

They were paid off/threatened by Ramsey, it's why some of them were crying when they were doing it.

graffix13

Jon is so terrible when it comes to explaining stuff. He needs to come out and say, "Look guys, I just saw Ice Darth Maul summon up a thousand dead dudes and their GPS said they're coming for us." That shit would be the FIRST thing out of my mouth when I got back to the wall.

Just fucking tell them they have a huge army, they raise corpses, you killed one of them with valyrian steel and all that jazz for fucks sake

EXACTLY!!

The first words out of Jon's mouth should have been "Guys, I've seen some shit". I mean, he's got fellow Nightwatch men to back up his story AND the Wildlings. They may not believe the Wildlings but how could everyone have the same story?

"The Night King is coming with an army of undead. They raise the fallen to grow their ranks. We need to prepare. I'm not fucking kidding."

News Bot

Banned
EXACTLY!!

The first words out of Jon's mouth should have been "Guys, I've seen some shit". I mean, he's got fellow Nightwatch men to back up his story AND the Wildlings. They may not believe the Wildlings but how could everyone have the same story?

"The Night King is coming with an army of undead. They raise the fallen to grow their ranks. We need to prepare. I'm not fucking kidding."

The show is written in such a way that the dialogue breeds unnecessary conflict or lack of information between characters. Especially for Jon, who is an idiot.

The show is written in such a way that the dialogue breeds unnecessary conflict or lack of information between characters. Especially for Jon, who is an idiot.

That was the (only) annoying thing about episode 8. Every time Jon opened his mouth, it was to say something cryptic or incomplete only to generate drama. "We're allies", "I put an arrow through his heart." and then he shuts up. What the hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom