• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iksenpets

Banned
Are you saying that the "The North Remembers" scene isn't in the show?

Manderly is not in the show. The line "The North Remembers" is whispered to Sansa by an old servant woman from Winterfell. Ramsay eventually finds out and has the woman flayed alive. That's it for the North remembering on the show.

Need to search the archives I guess :lol.

If I do have to nitpick I wish there were more scenes of Cersei in power and a little more focus on the sparrows. In the non spoiler thread there is a lot of murmur how sudden their rise to power ect is. Cersei chapters were by far my favourites in Feast of Crows.

And do I get sacrificed to the lord of light if I'm glad they don't have friggin Zombie Cat in the show? I guess this stuff depends which you saw/read first.

I think really they needed to start building the Faith stuff back in season 4 when Arya/Sandor/Brienne/Pod were all in the rural Riverlands. That's when they could have showed the commoners turning increasingly to religion, to better segue to the Faith Militant in season 5.

And I'm take it or leave it on zombie Cat. I think it works both ways. My most appreciated cut is Aegon/Young Griff. Hate that plot.

I just hope Ramsay lives. In fact I hope he conquers the world now. It's actually a pretty uplifting story if the two bastard children come out on top. Even better if Gendry joins in.

Madness

he could also be like a small subset of us who can appreciate the show and books as two separate entities that both have their individual strong points.

I love the show. I loved reading the books. But now, no matter what, it's inevitable he will draw comparisons haha. Maybe I'm just speaking anecdotally, but almost all discussion I have with fellow friends who started the show and read the books we talk about changes first and foremost and our view of the show was influenced by the books and likewise.

Yup and apparently the Night's King shown in the TV show is dead in the books. So we'll be getting something different on that front.

They basically call the Great Other of the books the Nights King in the show because no one calls them Others, but White Walkers. Nights King just sounds badass as a villain.

I just hope Ramsay lives. In fact I hope he conquers the world now. It's actually a pretty uplifting story if the two bastard children come out on top. Even better if Gendry joins in.

what an uplifting story about the bastard child who went to protect the continent and gets stabbed to almost death when he tries to do the first selfish thing for his family, and the story of the bastard who rapes and castrates others.

jett

D-Member

tumblr_nozemgeVfN1tm3jmyo2_250.gif

They see me flayin
They hatin

Manderly is not in the show. The line "The North Remembers" is whispered to Sansa by an old servant woman from Winterfell. Ramsay eventually finds out and has the woman flayed alive. That's it for the North remembering on the show.

I think really they needed to start building the Faith stuff back in season 4 when Arya/Sandor/Brienne/Pod were all in the rural Riverlands. That's when they could have showed the commoners turning increasingly to religion, to better segue to the Faith Militant in season 5.

And I'm take it or leave it on zombie Cat. I think it works both ways. My most appreciated cut is Aegon/Young Griff. Hate that plot.

I do agree the Aegon stuff is introduced a bit too late for my personal liking considering how major character he is set to be so quickly. I don't hate it or anything but I think Dany alone is enough Targaryen for me to move the plot foreward unless they are setting up some crazy Targ civil war.

kirblar

One I dont think theyre major and two dont click on what I say are spoilers from the episode and get upset that you got spoiled on the episode
What you think is irellevant - it's stuff new to the show that hasn't been covered in the books, and after pages and pages of fake spoilers and spoilered discussion of TWOW sample chapters, you're a jerk for doing that.

RyanDG

It's weird to me that for such a strong, central element in a Dance with Dragons, the whole North Remembers has been so absent from the show. The North Remembers theme is pretty much the only driving theme of hope... Dany has squandered her claim, Stannis is being manipulated and has committed evil acts, Arya is on a different continent... But the North Remembers theme really drives the idea that despite all the shit that has happened, there is still a desire for justice.

With it being absent from the show (at least thus far), the show has really missed out on one of the main components of the story that kept the narrative from being overly oppressive with 'bad shit happens to good people all the time'.

I don't think Jaime's story has worked without Stoneheart. This season has been absolute dogshit for his character. Same for Brienne; she might as well have sat this season out alongside Bran and Hodor.

KingKong

What you think is irellevant - it's stuff new to the show that hasn't been covered in the books, and after pages and pages of fake spoilers and spoilered discussion of TWOW sample chapters, you're a jerk for doing that.

You could have read the post and the post it was responding to instead of blindly clicking the black box, but hopefully I made it clearer for everyone else who can't read

kirblar

You could have read the post and the post it was responding to instead of blindly clicking the black box, but hopefully I made it clearer for everyone else who can't read
I did, and you still don't understand why people are mad.

When the Ros pics leaked people were given clear warning.

edit: You still aren't marking it correctly, you need to make it clear it's show-only/possible TWOW stuff.

Brakke

Banned
Yup and apparently the Night's King shown in the TV show is dead in the books. So we'll be getting something different on that front.

This isn't exactly right. The show's ice king isn't necessarily the legendary Lord Commander known as The Night's King.

George RR Martin already confirmed that the show is the Night King. While in the book it'll be a more powerful Day King. He's the master of karate and friendship for everyone.

Brakke

Banned
I did, and you still don't understand why people are mad.

When the Ros pics leaked people were given clear warning.

edit: You still aren't marking it correctly, you need to make it clear it's show-only/possible TWOW stuff.

What? No, the only spoilers that need to be tagged are "show-only/possible TWOW stuff". What else would ever need to be tagged?

It's weak how hostile you're being about this, dude clearly didn't make that post intending to be deceptive about it.

Kozak

Banned
I've read that the episode has been leaked.

Trying to find more spoilers but no luck apart from the pictures which give away nothing that we don't already know.

Iksenpets

Banned
I don't think Jaime's story has worked without Stoneheart. This season has been absolute dogshit for his character. Same for Brienne; she might as well have sat this season out alongside Bran and Hodor.

That's less about the lack of Stoneheart and more about their shit writing in Dorne.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
please don't post them here. I wouldn't be able to hold myself back and I don't wanna leave the thread.

Yep I'm abandoning thread. I wouldn't be able to resist either and you just know someone is going to come post a link or spoiler tag something major.(Which sorta just happen and I read it ><)

kirblar

What? No, the only spoilers that need to be tagged are "show-only/possible TWOW stuff". What else would ever need to be tagged?

It's weak how hostile you're being about this, dude clearly didn't make that post intending to be deceptive about it.
We have to spoiler anything from TWOW sample chapters. We have to spoiler anything that's leaked/confirmed re: future eps or casting. It's why raw-dropping an actual change/TWOW spoiler into the thread is an issue.

Brakke

Banned
We have to spoiler anything from TWOW sample chapters. We have to spoiler anything that's leaked/confirmed re: future eps or casting.

It was a thing from a future ep and it was spoiler tagged. If you reveal a tag, you gotta expect it'll be from TWOW or an unaired ep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom