• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dysun

You made a mistake fellow show watcher turned book reader. All you'll do nonstop is nitpick the small details. Ignorance is bliss.

He read the story the way it was meant to be told, nothing wrong with that

btw I'm
#teamOllySaves

or D&D hacks confirmed (again)

I hope this is okay as I'm not asking for direction to the leaks as I'd rather wait but I'm curious if I've misunderstood. I haven't seen any leaked episodes just some pictures. Is that all that's leaked? Pictures?

Edit: I should clarify, I haven't even seen the pictures because I want to go in fresh but I am surprised I haven't accidentally stumbled upon them

Mxrz

Hopefully can avoid the leaks. People in online games love spoiling that shit though.

Hm. Its too close to call, but that's no fun. I'll roll with #TeamOllySaves.

Paganmoon

Unless they just want him for flashbacks.

Not sure what kind of flashbacks they could use him for, though.

I think I'll have to stay up till 3 in the morning, the night between Sunday and Monday, and catch the show live for once. Don't think I can handle waiting until Monday evening, will probably get tons of spoilers till then anyway (and E3 conferences start about the time I get home from work anyway).

Weee, looking forward to watching the show live with you guys for the first time.

That's less about the lack of Stoneheart and more about their shit writing in Dorne.
It's all a knock-on effect of the change though. They obviously really wanted to inject some of their own ideas into the show and needed to cut what I thought was some of the more interesting material of the last 2 books to do it.
The Queenmaker sub-plot was one of the least interesting part of the books and I never would have predicted that the show would opt to adapt a really shitty bastardisation of that than include any of the Riverlands material.

Speevy

Banned
We've all been talking about the possibility of Sansa being pregnant in the finale, but what if Myranda got pregnant?

That would seem to go along with what Ramsay said about never boring him, and would make him kill her certainly.

Count me as part of #teamOllyKills

I think the constant focus on Olly is more for the show only fans as many of them aren't expecting Jon to get stabbed so the Olly scenes are foreshadowing it (and he'll probably be the last or first to stab).

I'd like there to be a scene at the end with a warged Ghost rushing into Castle Black and taking Jon's body away or Ghost looking at an army of Whitewalkers approaching the wall.

Lautaro

#TeamEtTuOlly? (not betting here)

I hope I'm wrong though, Olly would be the greatest hero ever if he saves Jon but so far the last episodes lack subtlety.

NeoGiff

HBO fucked up big time this year. But in saying that, I do think it's interesting that
OYSTERS CLAMS AND COCKLESSSSSSS!!!

Chuckie

Count me as part of #teamOllyKills

I think the constant focus on Olly is more for the show only fans as many of them aren't expecting Jon to get stabbed so the Olly scenes are foreshadowing it (and he'll probably be the last or first to stab).

I'd like there to be a scene at the end with a warged Ghost rushing into Castle Black and taking Jon's body away or Ghost looking at an army of Whitewalkers approaching the wall.

Or Ghost ripping out Olly's throat :D

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
HBO fucked up big time this year. But in saying that, I do think it's interesting that
OYSTERS CLAMS AND COCKLESSSSSSS!!!

Q0QHH94.gif

#teamOllyKills

And I expect it to be done horribly, just like every other made up scene with made up characters winds up being (not counting the bitchin' white walkers ofc).

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
#teamOllyKills

And I expect it to be done horribly, just like every other made up scene with made up characters winds up being (not counting the bitchin' white walkers ofc).

I have some pretty uncommon (for book-readers anyway) love for various show-only sequences, such as the showdown at Craster's Keep last year, but honestly I think a lot of people forget the highly well-received Arya/Tywin content from S2 when they say these things.

Ikael

There are several added scenes that worked great. Arya and Tywin on Harrenhall, the banter between Robert and Cersei, Brienne VS the Hound... when they have to introduce character moments under the context that Martin created, they can do a good job, which the incredible cast of actors can elevate into something special.

The problem is that whenever they try to advance the plot on their own, they fail hard (Dorne and Deus ex Ramsay 20 good men comes to mind) and whenever they have to offer their personal vision of character's interpretations and motivations with no book guidance, they fail BIG on them (Bipolar Stannis burning Shireen, bipolar Daenerys marrying Hidzar, etc, etc, etc), but that might be connected to the previous point (not knowing how the hell they can make one plot advance, ending in mist-characterization).

In short, the writters are simply not up to the task and should delegate it into better hands. Hence why I am dreading this final episode. I am wholly expecting a botched "fire and blood" line delivered by Ellaria, a botched Stannis death sequence at the hands of Brienne after a crappy dark-soul-esque rolling move, a botched "character development" of Sansa killing Myranda (not Ramsay, for he is inmortal and all-powerful) by circumstantial chance rather than her own deliberate decision (as I said: botched character development), and of course, a botched Jon stabbing sequence with Olly watching him angrily. And no, this have nothing to do with leaks, I already speculated on all of that, and betting on the writters simpletonian interpretation of the story is always a safe bet.

duckroll

Reminder for the new page.

1) Please don't post any leaked images or discuss content from the leaks. Doesn't matter if you use spoiler tags or not.
2) Don't talk about where to acquire said leaks. There are plenty of other places on the internet to chat about this sort of thing.
3) Don't beg for PMs regarding leaked material.

The finale is on Sunday night and E3 is next week. This is a very bad time to take a ban.

Kyougar

#teamOllySaves

I'll bet Everything on this. It would be bad TV to let him do the stabbing.

*loses everything because D&D are not subtle*

Shahadan

#teamOllySaves

I'll bet Everything on this. It would be bad TV to let him do the stabbing.

*loses everything because D&D are not subtle*

How would it be bad tv exactly. Or good anyway. Because we see it coming? That's the point.
We shoudn't be aware that jon is getting stabbed, but if he gets stabbed, adding a morally struggling character a long time before that and showing his thinking is the right way to do it.

It's certainly better than being stabbed by no named crows no one cares about.
Also I've never bought characters doing something "for the watch". They're here as a punishment and are sent here because they're not loyal/good people to begin with.

Olly is the only legitimate being here I can see doing something "for the watch".
What's fun is that he may not do it or save jon and it would work too and we don't know shit :p

_Ryo_

Instead of Olly doing the stabbing himself what if he goes around talking to other crows convincing them that Jon needs to be stopped and then they all attack Jon but at the last moment Olly has a change of heart but cannot stop what he has started?

Enosh

man I had the fucking weirdest GoT related dream

me and some other people were hiding from the white walkers in some house, instead they weren't really like the GoT white walkers, more like the wild hunt, riding across the sky, had a valyrian steel chain we used to decapitate one white walker that went into the house we were in, a broken valyrian dagger and a valyrian kitchen knife (??), then the king from episode 8 came looking for the missing one, killed that one too and fount anti white walker shotgun shells on him, then I woke up

kinda fucked how much I remember of the dream

Iksenpets

Banned
It's all a knock-on effect of the change though. They obviously really wanted to inject some of their own ideas into the show and needed to cut what I thought was some of the more interesting material of the last 2 books to do it.
The Queenmaker sub-plot was one of the least interesting part of the books and I never would have predicted that the show would opt to adapt a really shitty bastardisation of that than include any of the Riverlands material.

I'm just in the very small group of people that liked the books' Arianne plot, so I feel like Jaime could have worked, if they didn't feel the need to strip every bit of plot and character out of Dorne to fit him in. I can see the logic behind why you would focus on Dorne — where you have new characters to introduce who are probably important to later portions of the story — versus the Riverlands, where all the central characters were already established back in season 3 and can be revisited whenever they're ready to advance that plot in season 6. I just don't get why you would choose to do Dorne but write such a boring and uneventful story for it.

Instead of Olly doing the stabbing himself what if he goes around talking to other crows convincing them that Jon needs to be stopped and then they all attack Jon but at the last moment Olly has a change of heart but cannot stop what he has started?

What has started can never be unstarted.

Piracy must really suck for a fantasy show. It's not like they can have the main character drive a Toyota Tundra or wear Levis lol

I recall HBO claiming that piracy helped fuel the success of the show in the early seasons.

It spread like wildfire.

I imagine it's a different story now.

I recall HBO claiming that piracy helped fuel the success of the show in the early seasons.

It spread like wildfire.

I imagine it's a different story now.
Why is it different? When the first episodes leaked people said it was all over for hbo. Then they broke their own ratings records. Leaks and piracy do nothing to harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom