• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
reddit preview gif spoiler:

It's going to be really weird if the story is still supposed to go in a fairly "Mannis" direction, and D&D just wanted to add ~complexity~ by having him burn Shireen, so we have to sit through a season of Stannis heroically winning that no one cares about because he's a monster.

I think it would be very interesting. What if sacrificing Shireen did in fact lead directly to the storm breaking and thus directly to Stannis re-taking Winterfell, wiping out the Boltons, freeing Sansa? Would it have been the right thing to do? What if not doing meant Stannis and his men die, Sansa continues being raped every day of her life, and the Boltons go merrily along flaying people?

Betty

Banned

I think it would be very interesting. What if sacrificing Shireen did in fact lead directly to the storm breaking and thus directly to Stannis re-taking Winterfell, wiping out the Boltons, freeing Sansa? Would it have been the right thing to do? What if not doing meant Stannis and his men die, Sansa continues being raped every day of her life, and the Boltons go merrily along flaying people?

What if Ramsey sends 40 men next time! Dun Dun Dun!!!! Stannis will be basically finished.

Seriously though if Jofferey were to ressurect right now and Stannis was the one who cut him down personally, 99% of viewers would still hate Stannis.

He has actually become a bigger cunt than Cersei, think about that.

Ushay

Like everything in this series, it's always a double edged sword.

Promo talk:
I hope that's the case rather than it being all for nothing.

Lothar

Banned
But Jon had already complained that he couldn't feed them in episode 3, and now he's got a lot of wildlings to feed as well.

Jon had hoped to save thousands more Wildlings from Hardhome than he did. If the White Walkers hadn't attacked and he saved them all, how was he going to feed them? They must have some food to spare.

Another thing, if Stannis knows Castle Black has nothing to give, wouldn't Davos know it too? Davos doesn't seem to believe he's going on a fool's errand. Or else he would have argued against it more. He would have known Stannis was trying to get rid of him for some purpose.

Some hot info about THREE returning characters in Ep 10

Oysters, Clams and Cockles

In all seriousness, IMDB says Benjen is in Episdode 10 and some new info from Sky Austria lends more weight to that IMDB listing

Massa

Some hot info about THREE returning characters in Ep 10

Oysters, Clams and Cockles

In all seriousness, IMDB says Benjen is in Episdode 10 and some new info from Sky Austria lends more weight to that IMDB listing

Cable companies often get their info from IMDB. Yara is listed for episode 7 on my cable box.

Cable companies often get their info from IMDB. Yara is listed for episode 7 on my cable box.

This isn't the character cast. Benjen's disappearance is in the recap that airs before Episode 10

This isn't a leak hence I am posting the info, if that is wrong let me know and I can remove.

tumblr_notzgrvD9N1uqlxd1o1_250.gif

Real Hero

Let's be clear on one thing though, Dorne is boring as shit in book or show.

It's either Sand Snakes mucking about trying and failing to fight, or he of the night, Daaarkstar.

nah Dorne is significantly better in the books. Darkstar is in one little bit.

Speevy

Banned
Hmm...based on the precap, which isn't pirated or leaked material, basically all the leak stuff going around is bullshit.

Watch the episode.

Kyougar

this, this cant be! That would be the the BIGGEST SPOILER ever. Burning Shireen is instead a minor complaint, if HE is reappearing. (From a story point of view)

Kyougar

I just cant wrap my head around it. how can he be Euron and Daario if he appears in episode 10?

Or WAIT! Do we have information WHERE he appears? It could be Iron isles or Mereen.....

nah Dorne is significantly better in the books. Darkstar is in one little bit.
It is better, because being worse than the show would take something spectacular. But I spent the whole of the Queenmaker chapters thinking, "this is a stupid, stupid plan. Everyone from Dorne seems to have stupid plans."

Jon had hoped to save thousands more Wildlings from Hardhome than he did. If the White Walkers hadn't attacked and he saved them all, how was he going to feed them? They must have some food to spare.

Another thing, if Stannis knows Castle Black has nothing to give, wouldn't Davos know it too? Davos doesn't seem to believe he's going on a fool's errand. Or else he would have argued against it more. He would have known Stannis was trying to get rid of him for some purpose.

It's not so much that they can't send him supplies. They can obviously send him something.

But Stannis doesn't believe they will give him enough to make a difference. Nor is he expecting it to come swiftly.

This is something the Chinese would call a crisitunity. He's taking the crisis of losing the bulk of his food rations, and using it as an oppourtunity to get rid of someone that could potentially ruin his future plans.

And why is Davos going if he knows the mission is nearly fruitless? Because they are desperate. If he is successful it might not completely solve their issues but it will certainly help.

Keep in mind that in the books, Stannis's army has already resorted to cannibalism, and they've already started burning people. And they haven't even been hit by Ramsey's 20 men yet.

hoos30

'Poorly earnt' is exactly what I'm talking about. I don't care that they killed Shireen, they just could have shown a little more than a shot of a soldier coughing and Stannis with uncombed hair to communicate how bad their situation was.
Instead of Stannis telling Davos to butcher the dead horses, he could have told him to butcher the (soon to be hanged) guards. That would have put a whole different light on the situation and we'd be having a different argument.

Kyougar

OK Speculation time:

- Stannis is winning because Ramsays 20 good men had a stomachflu.
- Ramsay on his own can only hold back 500 soldiers, so he has to retreat
- Ramsay is preparing to steal away with Sansa while there is Chaos in Winterfell
- JUST as he tried to get away, [precap-spoilers]
Benjen
steps out of the shadow and stabs Ramsay multiple times "The north remembers"
- Cut to Castle Black. Alliser is hugging Jon snow and whispers "For the Watch" he gets stabbed in the same places Ramsay got stabbed from Spoiler. Because this is edgy!

What if the fan speculation is true about
Benjen
? IE that he's with a certain group in a certain place that we've seen characters at. Could the theories of
The others not being a bunch of evil monsters
hold true?

Benjen
? IE that he's with a certain group in a certain place that we've seen characters at. Could the theories of
hold true?

Looking at the humans south of the wall and how they act, it's not outside the realm of possibility...?

Real Hero

Benjen
hold true?
I could see
him being the one to heal Jon with White Walker magic or something he's been doing while he's been away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom