• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw the precap.
Not only does it show benjen which you guys already know. It has Syrio as well! But I think the point of his clip is emphasizing the words he says and not the actual character, wheras the benjen appearence just seems to be a benjen appearence. Which is weird.

munchie64

I just saw the precap.
Not only does it show benjen which you guys already know. It has Syrio as well! But I think the point of his clip is emphasizing the words he says and not the actual character, wheras the benjen appearence just seems to be a benjen appearence. Which is weird.
if it was
just Benjen leaving it'd be one thing, but it also shows his horse returning and "wheres me uncle". That means shit man.

I can confirm that Ryu and Roy will be in episode 10.

That's nothing. I was out walking around today, wearing my House Stark t-shirt of course, when a van with around 20 good men in it pulls up next to me and rolls down its window.

I tense up, thinking this may be it, I may have to fight my way out and I hear three words shouted that spoil the season finale for me: "Olly kills Dumbledore."

Finale ruined.

I just saw the precap.
The Syrio thing seemed to be a reminder of why Arya wants to kill Trant. The Benjen thing focuses on his mysterious disappearance.

bengraven

The Syrio thing seemed to be a reminder of why Arya wants to kill Trant. The Benjen thing focuses on his mysterious disappearance.

Why would we need to focus on that when it hasn't been brought up since Season 1 and Book 1? It's like everyone forgot.

Why would we need a video reminder unless something is going to develop in that direction?

Iksenpets

Banned
Let's all have a quick wank to settle the nerves and then consider this calmly.

Jon final words are "My one regret is I never found out what happened to Uncle Benjen". Olly then glares angrily to the far side of the Wall and resolves to himself that he will hunt down and kill Benjen so that he can destroy everything Jon ever loved. Final shot of the season is Olly riding out the gates of Castle Black on his mission.

NeoGiff

You know that banned gif of the guy polishing his wood?

I wish that wasn't banned.

Jon final words are "My one regret is I never found out what happened to Uncle Benjen". Olly then glares angrily to the far side of the Wall and resolves to himself that he will hunt down and kill Benjen so that he can destroy everything Jon ever loved. Final shot of the season is Olly riding out the gates of Castle Black on his mission.

u04HEre.gif

Real Hero

I know this would be a totally different style for the show but imagine
Benjen showing up and then cutting to a LOST style flashback episode dedicated to what happened to Benjen beyond the wall

Kyougar

I know this would be a totally different style for the show but imagine
Benjen showing up and then cutting to a LOST style flashback episode dedicated to what happened to Benjen beyond the wall

yes nothing happens regarding the last 9 episodes, just a
Benjen flashback episode season ending
^^

Kind of coming to the realization now that next season is pretty much going to be completely new material, assuming George doesn't get TWoW out before next April. Then again, even if George gets TWoW out before next season, I'm wondering just how different the events of the book will be from the show since this season the show is really starting to just do its own thing.

Speevy

Banned
It's funny that one of the most prominent tinfoils is that someone is secretly someone else when the show hasn't used this misdirection once.

We're due for it I think!

Brakke

Banned
It's funny that one of the most prominent tinfoils is that someone is secretly someone else when the show hasn't used this misdirection once.

We're due for it I think!

Yo for real. We haven't had an "I thought you were dead!!" yet, either. Which is good, the books totally overuse both of these. But they're such signature Song of Ice and Fire plays that we really oughta get one or two of each.

bengraven

What if the episode ends with the army of the dead showing up at the Wall? The next two seasons could be them facing against the rising tide. I mean, there's zero reason to go beyond the wall anymore, except maybe Jon doing undead Jon things.

Or to save Benjen who comes riding out ahead of the tide...calling for help.

It is better, because being worse than the show would take something spectacular. But I spent the whole of the Queenmaker chapters thinking, "this is a stupid, stupid plan. Everyone from Dorne seems to have stupid plans."
The queen maker plan of course was stupid and the book presents it that way - as a bunch of hothead juveniles thinking too much of themselves and thinking they know shit. Dorans only mistake is letting them do it to see who is involved. Had darkstar not attacked myrcella he'd have made the right move.

Yo for real. We haven't had an "I thought you were dead!!" yet, either. Which is good, the books totally overuse both of these. But they're such signature Song of Ice and Fire plays that we really oughta get one or two of each.

Eh, those devices don't happen too too much in AGOT/ACOK/ASOS outside of Lady Stoneheart and the annoying Arya fakeout. But yeah, the most overarching and consistent themes between AFFC/ADWD are false/assumed/lost identity, protagonists/rulers not having a clue what's going on around them, and obsession/characters being psychologically 'stuck.' None of those are great ideas for a TV show to saturate itself with, and arguably it wasn't great for them to be so densely used in the books either.

The show's still clearly leading up to Ser Robert Strong and did technically have a scene in which thousands of dead people are resurrected as wights, though, so it's hardly avoiding the back-from-the-dead thing.

Near the end of the episode

Sansa will turn around and have a completely different face. This new girl will tell Brienne, my name is Jeyne Poole. I am a faceless woman in service of the Starks.

Arya will reveal to Jaqen that she always knew how to change faces and that she is actually Sansa. Who took on this avatar to protect Arya.

Jon will get stabbed and lose his face and it will be revealed that Jon is actually Arya who reached beyond the wall and decided to do this with Jon.

Night's King will be talking to some people, saying why did you let him get away. A voice will be heard, Jon's saying because it was family as camera pans to him. Then Benjen walks up next to them and says "There must always be a Stark in Winterfell" as camera zooms out to show a massive army with spiders, elephants, giant white walkers and wights. Fade to Black.

Why would we need to focus on that when it hasn't been brought up since Season 1 and Book 1? It's like everyone forgot.
Honestly, this is probably true.

I've read the books and seen most of the seasons multiple times, but I've been watching with my girlfriend who has only seen the seasons once (maybe a few twice).

Whenever an old character has gotten reintroduced this season I ask "hey, do you remember that character from a few seasons ago?" and she almost never does. She didn't remember Arya's face-changing assassin buddy or Queen Cersei's cousin/boy-toy.

Honestly, this is probably true.

I've read the books and seen most of the seasons multiple times, but I've been watching with my girlfriend who has only seen the seasons once (maybe a few twice).

Whenever an old character has gotten reintroduced this season I ask "hey, do you remember that character from a few seasons ago?" and she almost never does. She didn't remember Arya's face-changing assassin buddy or Queen Cersei's cousin/boy-toy.

To be fair with that last one, the guy looks completely different. I thought they recast him at first.

Euron

Wait so this week we might see Banjo 3, The Last Guardian, AND
BENJEN RETURNING!?!?!?

I...I just can't...I don't even...this can't be happening...no way...

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I really don't know how I'll be able to watch the Bethesda conference right after GoT if that spoiler is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom