• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the shit in the North was rushed as fuck. Stannis defeated and killed by Brienne like that was shitty. Myranda's death was hilarious though. Seems a big fall for Theon and Sansa with not much snow to catch them.

Arya's kill was nice and bloody.

Cersei's walk of shame was well done aside from the fact that I believe they CG'd her face onto the naked body, which was distracting.

Jon's death couldn't have been lamer. No letter or anything worthwhile. Just "Hey this dude saw Benjen!!! PSYCHE!!!"

Pretty fucking awful stuff.

+Arya Scenes
+Jon Scenes
+Certei Scenes
~Sansa Scenes
~Cliffhanger
-Dorne Scenes
-Stannis Scenes

It was better then I expected considering last episode, but could have been better.

MartyStu

Wow that was the worst finale on the series so far. Lol. It feels like they wanted to rush to hit every single story checkpoint they needed to, even when there wasn't enough buildup for it in most places because the storylines all season have been messed up. Roflmao.

- "Hey Jon I think in the books I'm supposed to be in Oldtown by now, could you send me RIGHT NOW? Thanks bro."

- "I knew you were my daddy! I'm so glad I'm an incest child. Lets share this moment of love before the poison kicks in!"

- Stannis and his army destroyed by Ramsay and his 20,000 good men. At least it's realistic this time!

- "Hi I'm the chick who loved your brother, now I'm going to kill you because I missed seeing a candle by 10 seconds. RIP Mannis!"

- "Hey Lord Commander, I know we have no real reason to turn into a bunch of stabby oath breaking traitors on the show, and there isn't even a Wildling distraction going on right now because we ran out of budget to show Wun Wun, but.... FOR THE WATCH!!!!!"

Agreed with every point except the last. I think there was plently of reason to merc him. The problem is that they decided to do it now. THAT makes no sense.

Fuck it, I know I'm in the minority amongst you book readers, but whatever. Apart from the Stannis stuff I really enjoyed it.

The show doesn't hamper my enjoyment of the books, to me the books are the main event and this is just some good entertainment.

And hey! I was entertained.

Jigorath

Banned
Alright, awful finale for an awful season. Stannis plot was dumb as fuck. Sansa plot was even dumber. Dorne plot was the worst thing ever. And hey, D&D, nobody likes a billion cliffhangers.

I'll see ya'll in the season 6 thread, or the Winds thread, whichever comes first.

plz hurry George

Chiggs

Gold Member
Shit finale for a relatively shit season. D&D must be shitting themselves now that they have no books for guidance cause all their original material this year was dreadful.

What's baffling is that their original material isn't even somewhat competent. It's like they've completely forgotten how to do anything remotely satisfying. Sure, there was a nice battle scene, but it's not like you need quality writing to support something like that.

JUDGMENT TIME

#teamOllySaves
munchie64
phaonaut
Blatz
PhoenixDark
hammertomb
hoos30
Brakke
Dysun
Kain
Kyougar
Woody Invincible
schlongdog
kris.

O2p0kzy.png

Zolo

What was the point of Sansa going to Winterfell versus staying in the Vale?
What was the point of Stannis's story in the North?

Yeah. It does feel like it got pretty rushed at the end like they suddenly remembered they had to finish things up for next season.

KC Denton

So can we officially consider the show watchers "caught up?" At least for the important stuff anyway.

EDIT: Dammit put in "book readers" by mistake.

Zolo

What's baffling is that their original material isn't even somewhat competent.

That's pretty much how the show's always been though. The best was faithfully adapted while original material that was good is extremely few, and 49/49 between medicore and awful.

Jackson50

This was fucking lame. It was like reading ADWD again only we know Stannis lost. Cersei's walk of shame was fine, and I liked Arya's scenes. But fuck everything else. Stannis lost. I can't fucking believe it. And they thought the ending to the book was good enough to copy? Come on.

Red Comet

Fuck it, I know I'm in the minority amongst you book readers, but whatever. Apart from the Stannis stuff I really enjoyed it.

The show doesn't hamper my enjoyment of the books, to me the books are the main event and this is just some good entertainment.

And hey! I was entertained.

I enjoyed it as well overall. I agree that the Stannis ending was a travesty, but I thought Arya, Cersei, and Jon's scenes were pretty well done. Also nice to see Varys again.

Also, non-book readers are already starting to discuss Jon not being dead.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Winds of Winter cannot arrive soon enough.

Horrible finale, horrible season.

So Mel coming back to the Wall, but more bundled up than we've ever seen her. Not sure if I should be potentially worried about that. Like most people I assume it's not the case but I still think there's a chance Jon could be dead-dead.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
So all Benjen was used for was to lure Jon out of his room? D&D are such fucking hacks.

GRRM, please. PLEASE HURRY. SAVE US FROM THESE HACKS.

MartyStu

What was the point of Sansa going to Winterfell versus staying in the Vale?
What was the point of Stannis's story in the North?

Yeah. It does feel like it got pretty rushed at the end like they suddenly remembered they had to finish things up for next season.

The end? It has been rushed since the onset.

Sam: Jon, you 'bout to get done in son. Can't be around you. Even though it makes no sense for me to abandon you since I EXPLICITLY know that Thorne has it in for you.

Jon: Makes sense. You leave immediately.

Sam: But maybe I can make some plans just in ca...

Jon: Immediately!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Let's have some fun and watch the Bethesda conference then start the re-read of ASoIaF in the other thread.

duckroll

Agreed with every point except the last. I think there was plently of reason to merc him. The problem is that they decided to do it now. THAT makes no sense.

That's what I meant though. If they really wanted to kill him for the established reasons, they would have done it way before this. If Alister is willing to stab the Lord Commander, why would he even allow him back in with the Wildlings? He could have left them out there, and he would have been killed by the Wildlings. There is zero change to the situation at -this- point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom