• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say

BOY I SURE THEY SHOW SOMETHING INDICATING THAT JON IS GOING TO WARG

But they didn't even have the decency to emphasize the warging in the preview like the book did with the prologue chapter.

So yeah not surprised they just ended it there. Melissandre has barely directed two words at Jon besides sexual innuendo anyways.

Seriously, it's so fucking apparent that D&D can't do shit without GRRM's direction and writing. All the best scenes were those that were faithful to the books.

Two straight excellent epilogues that D&D decided to not use. Really disappointed to not see either of them on screen these last two seasons.

duckroll

also how the fuck did she NOT see that fucking HUGE dothraki army coming?

That's not how real life works.

Same way how Stannis could be marching with his army towards Winterfell with the castle in plain sight in a wide open field and not know that the enemy has come out to meet him until one of his men goes "There.... isn't going to be a siege." *shades*

Loke13

it made drogon seem really easy to kill, if a couple of harpies did that much damage I don't see how formidable the dragon would be in a huge war with tons of enemies.
Read up on the original Dance With Dragons it's got a lot of information about dragons mainly that a dragons strength comes from its ability to fly however on the ground it's basically a giant target.

Enosh

Next episode opens with Brienne's sword shaking, planted in the tree next to Stannis, who's still sitting there. Next scene is the same shot of Jon as he jerks back to life and coughs blood up at the camera.
the inside the episode thing seems to imply him being very dead

I'm happy there is only 2 seasons left, if it was more I'd just drop it, but I can live through 20 episodes

RyanDG

It's amazing to me that people continue to emphasize that Feast for Crows and Dance with Dragons were not as good as the earlier books as a way to excuse this season, when several of the best story lines from the book were not included the last two seasons at all, and those that were included were bastardized versions of them that were just a step above something I would expect from SyFy. Jesus christ... So much wasted potential in a Feast for Crows and Dance with Dragons...

ryseing

Two straight excellent epilogues that D&D decided to not use. Really disappointed to not see either of them on screen these last two seasons.

Varys in Meereen is a change for the better.

LSH had to go once Riverlands was cut.

I get why they did it. I do hope an Oldtown opening is in the offing for the beginning of next season.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Same way how Stannis could be marching with his army towards Winterfell with the castle in plain sight in a wide open field and not know that the enemy has come out to meet him until one of his men goes "There.... isn't going to be a siege." *shades*
That's unfair, the show already established that Ramsay (and now we know his entire army) has invisibility cloaks.

also how the fuck did she NOT see that fucking HUGE dothraki army coming?

That's not how real life works.

Well it was mountainous with valleys and ravines. Just being up high doesn't mean you can see everything if your view is blocked by other ridges or deep ravines. Also her view was only in one direction.

Not that far fetched if you ask me.

RyanDG

Gaston

My theory:

Melisandre burned Shireen to resurrect Jon with king's blood. In the books after Stannis loses she probably burns Shireen at the wall for the same purpose.

spootime

I cant believe you #ollysaves peasants actually had faith in dumb and dumber. Stand and be counted!

I really liked the arya scenes in this episode. Other than that... meh

MartyStu

Did Shireen REALLY need to die? What was the point exactly?

I am okay with systemically dismantling Stannis, but there HAS to be a greater point than 'the dangers of doing your duty to the letter like a fuckwit.'

Ned already taught us that in season one. And he did not have to become an unlikable turd to do so.

This show is so horrible. There wasn't a single scene in this episode (except Arya) where I wasn't thinking "huh? Why is this happening? Why did they do this now when they did the opposite in the last episode?"

None of it made any sense, it's horrible hack writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom