• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Werd

And what happened to the shot of Margaery at Tommen's knees from the trailer. I guess it was cut from the post-Loras jailing stuff. You'd think the High Sparrow or someone else could have given a line about what happened to her.

Tubie

Ugh didn't like the way Stannis went.

I was really hoping for what comes next after that Jon scene, but they went with the cliffhanger.

All men must die.

Maybe Jon is really dead in the books and now the show.

And we only have to wait a year to find out!

Red Comet

Ok let me start from the top:

Stannis has the worst guards alive. No one notices half the army leaving with all the horses? What? Seriously? Fuck man.

Why was Stannis's fate left ambiguous if not to imply she may have reconsidered? In an episode where we get a man's eyes being stabbed the fuck out we can't have a Stannis head lopping? He ain't dead or they did a poor job of it.

The Meereen stuff was... alright, until the STEALTH DOTHRAKI HORDE. COME ONNNNN.

Dorne stuff ends with Doran's heir captive (dead eventually I'm sure because he obviously doesn't matter) and Myrcella dead (who thought she'd ever matter anyway) so it's kind of a wash. It wasn't horribly done but it was still cheesy.

Cersei was ALL CGI and it was distracting. Her face CGI'd onto someone else's body. Just the worst. The actual scene other than that was done well.

Jon getting killed because of the Wildling rescue.... after being led to a goofy signpost that says "traitor" on it by Olly..... Mel is going to say "Why not burn the body? He's got kingsblood." and then they're going to find out that the Dragon can't burn and that the fires have revived him. I can see it now.

Stannis is the most egregious thing. At least show me his corpse if he's dead.

Perhaps they swapped Brienne's AFFC cliffhanger with Stannis. I want to believe.

I'm slightly disappointed that we didn't see Lady Stoneheart tonight after all. I know that there was some speculation on that based on the title of the episode, but I understand why it wouldn't have worked by this point.

Ugh didn't like the way Stannis went.

I was really hoping for what comes next after that Jon scene, but they went with the cliffhanger.

All men must die.

Maybe Jon is really dead in the books and now the show.

And we only have to wait a year to find out!

Nah, I don't think that they would have sowed the seeds with Melly Sanders coming back to Castle Black if that were the case. Also, with the further establishment of the White Walkers this season, I really doubt that they're going to cut out the only important character on the Wall.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
If the Lord of Light melted all the snow because of the burning of Shireen, what did Theon and Sansa land in?

Did Shireen REALLY need to die? What was the point exactly?

I am okay with systemically dismantling Stannis, but there HAS to be a greater point than 'the dangers of doing your duty to the letter like a fuckwit.'

Ned already taught us that in season one. And he did not have to become an unlikable turd to do so.
That's just D&D tying up the Baratheons in the worst possible way.

MartyStu

My theory:

Melisandre burned Shireen to resurrect Jon with king's blood. In the books after Stannis loses she probably burns Shireen at the wall for the same purpose.

But all the warging foreshadowing suggests otherwise.

Still, I actually like this. Probably also explains partially why they decided to forego Stoneheart (for now).

TheChaos

Man, they really messed up Theon's arc. His ADWD chapters were like one of the best sections of the book. Now, he suddenly snapped out of it because what's-her-face was pointing an arrow at Sana's head?

So they sacrifice Shireen to get rid of the snow, but keep Reek jumping off the walls of Winterfell. But instead of jumping into a deep huge ass pile of snow, they jump into what looked like a small pile of snow.

Dany doesn't see or hear what I assume was a 20k+ khalasar. Sansa lights a candle right after Brienne leaves. Ellaria kills in such an easy fashion that I wonder why that wasn't her plan all along, instead of whatever she tried to do with the Sand Snakes. Jon gets stabbed for...what exactly.

And these guys will be winging S6. Good luck.

Seems a big fall for Theon and Sansa with not much snow to catch them.

Seriously.

When I was a kid, I jumped maybe 6 feet off of a wooden playset into huge snowbank. Well, let me tell you what, you're going to sink down into that snow and when that snow is packed down (like after it starts melting, like the show!) its going to be pretty damn hard. I broke my ankle doing that.

And I'm supposed to believe Theon and Sansa didn't just go splat jumping about 50 to 100 feet into a bunch of slushy snow? Myranda had a better chance of surviving her fall onto the stone than Theon and Sansa would jumping off the walls of Winterfell on the show.

Well it was mountainous with valleys and ravines. Just being up high doesn't mean you can see everything if your view is blocked by other ridges or deep ravines. Also her view was only in one direction.

Not that far fetched if you ask me.

even then you could have heard something prior to them being literally right the fuck next to you. That many horses running that fucking fast and men going HIYAAAAAAAAA HIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAA would've alerted people 2 miles away.

suzu

It's amazing to me that people continue to emphasize that Feast for Crows and Dance with Dragons were not as good as the earlier books as a way to excuse this season, when several of the best story lines from the book were not included the last two seasons at all, and those that were included were bastardized versions of them that were just a step above something I would expect from SyFy. Jesus christ... So much wasted potential in a Feast for Crows and Dance with Dragons...

Yup, I agree.

Kusagari

Uhh… what is the Night's Watch end game now?

They realize that once the hundreds upon hundreds of Wildings Jon brought over find out about this they'll probably attack them right?

A_Gorilla

Banned
That's just D&D tying up the Baratheons in the worst possible way.

Ned's story was about the dangers of being honorable when NO ONE ELSE is.

Stannis' was about not realized that burning your daughter alive in front of your whole army because a hot redhead told you to will have consequences.

RyanDG

So they sacrifice Shireen to get rid of the snow, but keep Reek jumping off the walls of Winterfell. But instead of jumping into a deep huge ass pile of snow, they jump into what looked like a small pile of snow.

Dany doesn't see or hear what I assume was a 20k+ khalasar. Sansa lights a candle right after Brienne leaves. Ellaria kills in such an easy fashion that I wonder why that wasn't her plan all along, instead of whatever she tried to do with the Sand Snakes. Jon gets stabbed for...what exactly.

And these guys will be winging S6. Good luck.

The worst thing that I think is going to happen is that Martin is going to get so concerned about what they are going to do with the story he foregoes writing the next two books in an attempt to salvage the train wreck that D&D seem to be hurtling towards without any safety.

Absolute garbage. Maybe this thread has ruined me but that was by far the worst episode of the whole series:

- Stannis loses everything in 10 minutes of show time. Forgets how to strategy. Goes out like a chump
- Someone needs to gif that Myranda fall, holy shit lol. Reek turning into Theon out of nowhere, way to ruin the best storyline of book 5 D&D. Also if Stannis melted the snow, what did they fall into?
- Dorne. Yea. At least something happened!
- Look how eeevvvillll Meryn Trant is. Good thing they had Arya torture him first!
- I was going to say The Walk was good but then you guys mentioned they CGI's Lena's head? Not attractive enough to show naked D&D? ZombieMountain looked hilarious.
- "Hey btw can I go to Oldtown plz."
- Jon's death was completely unearned, holy shit. At least it ended like I wanted it to!

Valhelm

contribute something
The Legend of Korra OT round 2

Yikes.

I've got better hopes for the next season, though. As awful as S5 was at parts, most of the shittiness came from D&D's attempt to reconcile the book plotlines with their own suggestions. Now that all bets are off, the story might be somewhat more believable. Some of D&D's changes haven't been completely awful, so I'm holding out that maybe (just maybe!) their creative freedom will help the show.

Maybe Stannis isn't dead. I hope he's not, but the show had done a shitty job with him for the most part so we'll see. And I found it funny how Brienne still referred to Renly as the true king. His claim was the shittiest of all.

Not sure what they'll do about Jon, since there's been no implication that he's a warg, but knowing D&D the previously on for the season 6 opener will have a bunch of shit about warg's and then the first thing we see will be about Jon and Ghost (what the fuck does that direwolf do all day?).

And so Ellaria just killed Myrcella while the heir to Dorne is, presumably, in the hands of Jaime and Bronn, good call. Although they're probably on a Dornish ship so maybe it means nothing.

I think it was inexcusable to not hint at Jon warging into Ghost. That whole scene sucked to be honest. It's the most disappointed I've been with the show to date. What happened to the pink letter, the decision to martch on Winterfell, the bad ass speech Jon gave to the wildlings, and then in the fit of them all lining up to follow Jon the attack happens. What was wrong with filming those things and actually building up one of the most pivotal moments in the entire series? Naw, a crappy character we made up and gave screen time to all season and then less than 5 minutes at the end should cover it.

Patriots7

It's amazing to me that people continue to emphasize that Feast for Crows and Dance with Dragons were not as good as the earlier books as a way to excuse this season, when several of the best story lines from the book were not included the last two seasons at all, and those that were included were bastardized versions of them that were just a step above something I would expect from SyFy. Jesus christ... So much wasted potential in a Feast for Crows and Dance with Dragons...
Completely agree. The best parts of the last two books were cut and we're left with this garbage.

Jackson50

Absolute garbage. Maybe this thread has ruined me but that was by far the worst episode of the whole series:

- Stannis loses everything in 10 minutes of show time. Forgets how to strategy. Goes out like a chump
- Someone needs to gif that Myranda fall, holy shit lol. Reek turning into Theon out of nowhere, way to ruin the best storyline of book 5 D&D. Also if Stannis melted the snow, what did they fall into?
- Dorne. Yea. At least something happened!
- Look how eeevvvillll Meryn Trant is. Good thing they had Arya torture him first!
- I was going to say The Walk was good but then you guys mentioned they CGI's Lena's head? Not attractive enough to show naked D&D? ZombieMountain looked hilarious.
- "Hey btw can I go to Oldtown plz."
- Jon's death was completely unearned, holy shit. At least it ended like I wanted it to!
What can one man do against 20 good men?

Kettch

His "okay I'm good now" moment felt so arbitrary. They really failed to build towards anything at all with Winterfell and everyone there.

They really did everything backwards there. They needed to start with Theon's betrayal of the old lady, then later on have the rape scene with his incredibly pained performance right before the turnaround here. That would have had some impact and possibly justified all this. Finally betraying Ramsay because his side chick wanted to put an arrow in Sansa's arm or something? That's just ridiculous.

Kuroyume

Banned
Btw, another thing I just noticed. Allister stabbed John. And here was I thinking he maybe changed his attitude. A dick but not insubordinate. But way to ruin that D&D.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
If the Lord of Light melted all the snow because of the burning of Shireen, what did Theon and Sansa land in?

0IHXNYJ.gif

Wyman Manderly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom