• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackson50

I can't wait for the Night King's confused look next season as the White Walker invasion is undone by a bastard from the North and his 20 good men.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Okay good.

Myrcella, Stannis, and Brienne are the big ones off the top of my head.

Hmm. I think I'll watch. I doubt they could surprise me with anything involving those three characters. I'm guessing Myrcella dies and Brienne kills Stannis? I guess I'll find out for myself.

You're playing with fire though. You've either gotta stop watching or stop being so concerned with book spoilers.

If TWOW isn't out before next season, I definitely will stop watching. I just wanted to watch the final episode of this season for completion's sake.

Just watch the episode then never watch the show again.

:O

Anyway, thanks for the info guys. See you on the other side!

bengraven

Didn't want to have future scenes spoiled, so I just made notes while watching. :p

This is what it's like to watch GOT with me.

WE GONNA SEE TOM STRONG
Shot of hanging Selyse is really incredible, evocative. Music fantastic. Eerie.

Sam ain't coming back confirmed.

Damn stannis gone. OH SHIT STANNIS IS REALLY GONE.

She's going over the balcony. Come on Reek, finish it. OOF HOLY SHIT. Yes.

I like how it's basically a suicide pact to jump. That's a nice little touch. I mean that. It's like "let's do this together because if we die at least we're free of him".

Meryn fuckin Trant. one of these girls is Arya. HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT FUCK YES FUCK YES SHE'S A MONSTER.
best scene ever. fuck yes. give her her emmy. ohhh it's her girl who died earlier in the season. arya blind!!!!

is he going to confess incest? no way. aw, she knew. I suspected this might happen. That was great. I gotta admit Dorne was worth it for "i'm glad it's you". As a dad I actually teared up. That's the sweetest most fucked up thing ever. oh shit the poison! She poisoned her lips! FATHER'S DAY RUINED

Anyone have a deck of cards or something? Jesus.

oh shit, Tyrion king of Mereen. Now he's going to fix shit. cuckold Jorah gonna kill that fool. OH SHIT VARYS. I MISSED YOU TOO. and now the Spider of Mereen. love it. This is how Mereen should have been in the books.

here's their cgi AND horse budget for the last five seasons. Seriously, cut that down by 10 seconds, there's already too many riding indians, and you could have done another CGI scene later or earlier.

or did this scene better. wow, Sunhi's gifs have better effects than this scene with cersei. "The good people" indeed. she never let them see her cry. cersei's beast. love it.

aw davos. :*( That look. "the princess shireen"?

kept waiting to see something on his face...or in the blood

Stannis wouldn't die off-screen, though I have no idea what else could be done with him now aside from getting killed or tortured in the first episode next season.

Sure he would. This is D&D, they hate Stannis as a character.

Can someone please explain to me why is Arya going blind and all those faces she removed from Jaquen to reveal herself? Pleasee

D&D just know that at one point Arya went blind for a time in the books so they just latched on to that as a cliffhanger. Like so much else in the show, they just get to the big memorable events with very little buildup.

Not true at all. Some of the absolute high points of the series were Hardhome, Cersei/Robert conversation, Oberyn/Tyrion conversation, probably others I'm forgetting...none of which were written by George (iirc).

Eh... Hardhome in the show was a cool action scene but it was based on something that took place in the books. The Robert/Cersei bit was good but I'm pretty sure the Tyrion/Oberyn scene was from the books.

Just look at Dorne this year. It was a complete was of time if the end result was for the Sandsnakes to get their revenge.

Lautaro

Holy shit the comparisons between Drogon and Charizard are killing me.

I really hope Brienne killed Stannis, I don't even like book Stannis and he's a lot better than his show equivalent. It was worthy to see him defeated only to see Melisandre's defeated face.

I was really hoping for Jon's eyes to go white/warg...

cj_iwakura

Hmm. Most shocking moment for me was Myrcella, damn that was pulled off well.

I wouldn't bet on Stannis being dead. I have a feeling he has a similar fate in the books. His army got crushed, but he gets away.

I don't think he's dead yet. Myrcella, we'll see. I think she's screwed, especially given the prophecy.

The Arya scenes were fantastic. I think they capped it all off pretty well, but next season will be bonkers.

Forget book spoilers, it will be the time to fear the episode leaks.

Varys and Tyrion gonna run shit.

I've been wondering that. Looked like they jumped to their deaths.

Could have shown it in one shot and have their bodies go splat, heh.

ONCE MORE, FACE JUDGMENT

#teamOllySaves
munchie64
phaonaut
Blatz
PhoenixDark
hammertomb
hoos30
Brakke
Dysun
Kain
Kyougar
Woody Invincible
schlongdog
kris.

O2p0kzy.png

OK, so Jon is obviously going to be resurrected by Melisandre. I always thought the Jon warning into Ghost theory was stupid.

- Shireen's burning didn't grant Stannis a favor. Instead it will be used to resurrect Jon, who we already know Melisandre had an interest in.
- Melisandre just so happens to make it back to the wall right before it happens. Jon will be resurrected in the final scene of S6E01

All of this relates back to Stannis.
- I am going to assume Stannis isn't dead. They didn't show him die on screen. There was no reason NOT to show it unless it's specifically because Stannis doesn't die.
- Where is the one place Stannis has left to go? No family and his only friend is at the wall. He will go to the wall.
- Having finally accepted his defeat he will be the man to replace Jon as Lord Commander and get the watch back on track. There's no better man to do it. He's iron willed, understands the threat of the White Walkers (as displayed by his conversation with Sam) and a proven military commander. He's the only man who could turn the watch back into something respectable.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
An actual LOL at that EW article with Kit trying to act like the character is actually dead. He'd either not been informed yet, or it's just a desperate attempt to keep the "twist" under wraps.

OK, so Jon is obviously going to be resurrected by Melisandre. I always thought the Jon warning into Ghost theory was stupid.

Both are going to happen.

Retro

The writing on the TV series is about as bad as fanfiction, so that's how I'm going to treat it; nothing happens in A Song of Ice and Fire until it happens on the printed page.

Choabac

I enjoyed that episode. Each to their own I suppose.

I think the reason why the Watch decided to act then was because they learnt that Jon Snow's only backer, Stannis, had been defeated. So he was left in an untenable position.

As I said a few days ago, I'm a bit disappointed that Arya ended up blind. I'd rather than they got straight into her book 6 material next season rather than spending a few episodes getting her sight back. But I suppose they can now focus on the Stark warging abilities for next season.

- Having finally accepted his defeat he will be the man to replace Jon as Lord Commander and get the watch back on track. There's no better man to do it. He's iron willed, understands the threat of the White Walkers (as displayed by his conversation with Sam) and a proven military commander. He's the only man who could turn the watch back into something respectable.

Now I need this to happen.

suzu

The meltdown in the other thread is pretty good.

But seriously what is up with some book people who can't stay out of there? You're making them think we're all caught up and they're going to come in here and still get spoiled. :|

HawkeyeIC

An actual LOL at that EW article with Kit trying to act like the character is actually dead. He'd either not been informed yet, or it's just a desperate attempt to keep the "twist" under wraps.

Both are going to happen.

They decided to kill off Jon (for real) after the fan reaction to Olly. Olly will now ride dragons to save the realm.

I really recommend listening to the showrunner commentary at the end of the show. It really let's you see into the creative minds of D&D.

"When Alliser kills Jon it's like a bad guy killing a good guy. But Ollie isn't a bad guy, he's a good guy. He's a kid so he's not a bad guy. And he kills Jon."

It's like poetry.

joshschw

I really don't mind the show "spoiling" the future books. They are very different, and even if some things were to come in the books it would be under radically different situations and I wouldn't feel tarnished at all.

Peeps here the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom