• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Banned
3 episodes into S2, it isn't too bad. Amused at how they had to include a random as hell 3 minute Dany scene just to have her appear on screen in the last 2 hours. Not too bothered by the book changes that much (though Jon seeing a white walker? I feel like that's a problem somehow), though I'm kind of bummed we don't get to see how Arya is also a badass survivalist who can make it alone for like weeks without help. Also disappointed to see Margaery's scheming personality revealed so early. Having her reveal her true nature when confronting Cersei in AFFC/ADWD is such a great reveal moment.

I also don't really get the fascination with turning despicable assholes into sympathetic characters. Theon is supposed be a piece of shit, not some dude that actually really wants to help out Robb but his jerk of dad won't let him.

This show moves ata snail's pace towards its character development, and wants us to feel like The on was just an unloved son who made some bad choices. I think they're building towards a confrontation between Reek and. The on on the show.

Brakke

Banned
Can we all get together right now and swear a blood oath to avoid discussion of castration tomorrow? I laughed, I learned, it was worthwhile. But I don't think I can sustain this day on day.

That'd be peachy.

Can we all get together right now and swear a blood oath to avoid discussion of castration tomorrow? I laughed, I learned, it was worthwhile. But I don't think I can sustain this day on day.

That'd be peachy.

You're really just trying to restart this discussion aren't you?

Ratrat

If Doran didn't have complete control, Ellaria/Sandsnakes would have torn Myrcella apart so Cersei isn't wrong for wanting her out. Even more so if she gets maimed by Darkstar. Furthermore, it would be a lie/manipulation to protect their daughter, which is a far cry from 'fucking Lancel, Kettlebacks and Moonboy.'

Brakke

Banned
Yeah I also thought it was silly that Cersei would've reconstructed that viper-gram just for dramatic effect. The idea that the necklace matches one Sansa wore once doesn't hold any water though. That seems like an obvious prop department oversight.

You're really just trying to restart this discussion aren't you?

Fishman pls. I know the last few posts moved on but I'm just wary 'cuz in that dumb RDJ interview thread this one post got continuously quoted for like ten pages over a couple days.

Forkball

I also thought it was a bit weird that Cersei had Jamie open it again. I know they want the shot for dramatic effect, but I'm just imagining Cersei trying to figure out how to put the box back together.

I'm still pondering the potential deaths of characters this season who are not dead in the books yet. I hope they don't kill off Syrio.

Kard8p3

If you want to castrate someone and keeping them alive, you just sever the testicles. That doesn't affect the urinary tract, and is quite survivable. But in GRRM's novels they always cut off the penis too (Varys, Theon, the whole Unsullied system), which the ancients did not do if they weren't trying to kill the person.

If i recall correctly, the show unsullied have their penis. Someone made a joke about how they have no stones, but still a stick.

Iksenpets

Banned
There are actually a lot of fishman avatars in this thread. Basileus, Iksenpets, me... anyone else?

1408.gif

The Grand Mermaid Conspiracy has gone meta.

I also don't really get the fascination with turning despicable assholes into sympathetic characters. Theon is supposed be a piece of shit, not some dude that actually really wants to help out Robb but his jerk of dad won't let him.

I totally disagree with this. Theon isn't a black or white character. He would be a piece of shit if his betrayal was something wanted from the beginning. His nation was at war against the North and he would be disinherited from his title. In the books he followed Robb's plan until his father showed that an agreement would be impossible. He had to choose between betraying the Starks or his father. It isn't that simple. And of course, he isn't a good guy nor a villain. The books isn't about that. He is a flawed character like everyone else who had a tragic end.

Settle down, everyone. We're late in the week and getting to the cabin fever phase, and I'd like to keep the thread on track as best as possible. Stick to discussing the television show.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Settle down, everyone. We're late in the week and getting to the cabin fever phase, and I'd like to keep the thread on track as best as possible. Stick to discussing the television show.

At this rate you'll become our Jeor Mormont.

Here's a few pieces of content from this week:

- Making Game of Thrones: Actor Conleth Hill Talks Varys' Allegiance and Impulse
- Production vid from HBO: Game of Thrones: On Location in Croatia
- EW Via WiCnet: Wonderful Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Game of Thrones Seasons 1-4
- Blastr interview: Exclusive: Alexander Siddig on ruling Dorne on Game of Thrones
- Watchers: Game of Thrones Season 5 Episode 3 Preview: High Sparrow
- Watchers: Photos released from Game of Thrones S5E3: “High Sparrow”

Not sure which of these were linked in the thread previously.

I don't think we have any fookin legends of gin alley here.
In any case, I could see myself getting stabbed in a mutiny sometime soon.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Hold on now, what's the implication here?!

I harbour nothing but good intentions...

I honestly don't think so. I never liked it in the book, and it seems the show has given it the chop.
Plus it will be a bigger shock if it's not known about. I just am wondering if they can get Jamie there on a timely manner(character arc wise). I'm thinking that if Cersei actually did trick Jamie into going to Dorne, it could work out well. I'm also hoping that Jamie and Cersei have their falling out in King's Landing instead of him burning a letter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom