• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

-griffy-

Banned
Let me jump in just say this:

I wonder if Sansa is going to be feeding anyone Frey pies. I would love that scene and then her screaming laughter as she reveals it to everyone and then we can reenact -griffy-'s avatar.

That may not be too far off Sansa's current arc actually:
tumblr_mvq0e4byfh1s65qnho1_500.gif

giphy.gif

bengraven

That may not be too far off Sansa's current arc actually:
tumblr_mvq0e4byfh1s65qnho1_500.gif

giphy.gif

Would be fantastic if just before she gets nailed by Bolton cross bolts, Theon suddenly comes in from the sides like Robin Hood minus the penis and swings out the window with her into a snow bank. :p

Oh and thank you, because now I'll spend all night obsessing over how much I'm in love with Mélanie Laurent.

Nodnol

Just caught up with episode 3.

I speculated before the season started, but I really wouldn't be surprised if Sansa has some of LSH incorporated into her upcoming arc.

I've managed to detach the show from the books to the point that I just sit back and enjoy the show for what it is. Looking forward to seeing Brienne, Stannis, the Boltons and Sansa at Winterfell. What a train wreck that could be (in a good way).

As a fan of Jon Snow, the closer we reach the finale, the more nervous I grow. I know there's more to suggest he will survive than wont, but still. Really curious as to how they'll handle it. I can't see how they can end the season with his "death", only for him to return somehow next season. It'll be impossible to hide Kit's involvement in S6, spoiling any surprise or twist. It'll be a short shock for the audience, because as soon as the season ends there'll be a media circus over it. Makes more sense, IMO, to "kill" him in 5.08 or 5.09, and have him wake up/resurrect/not be dead in the final moments of the finale with a massive "how!?" hanging over the reveal.

Partition

Banned
Sansa wasn't at Winterfell in the scene she meets Ramsay right?

Was so confused because the first Bolton scene is what looks like some Bolton soldiers riding to Winterfell, but then they show Sansa/LF approaching Moat Cailin. And then that old lady says "welcome home" to her o_O

Kerned

Banned
Yeah, I feel like Jon could be stabbed in ep. 9 and then resurrected in the finale. Sure, it would technically be a TWOW spoiler, but everyone knows Jon is coming back one way or another.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Was so confused because the first Bolton scene is what looks like some Bolton soldiers riding to Winterfell, but then they show Sansa/LF approaching Moat Cailin. And then that old lady says "welcome home" to her o_O

It wasn't clear to me at all, either. I was under the impression that they were at Moat Cailin for the whole episode but everyone else seems to think they were at Winterfell, so I guess I must've missed something.

Kerned

Banned

I am pretty sure she was just passing through Moat Cailin. It's odd that they chose to highlight Moat Cailin in the credits for such a short, unimportant scene. I would imagine that means it will factor into the season later on as well.

They're at Winterfell. Littlefinger has the ability to travel really fucking fast. And so does any messenger with a letter for him.

Or Westeros is really fucking small in the show.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I wonder where Sansa's storyline is going. It's on a whole new tangent than the books, and I'm curious to see if GRRM brings it somewhere close to where the show is going. Doesn't seem like it though.

Speevy

Banned
I wonder where Sansa's storyline is going. It's on a whole new tangent than the books, and I'm curious to see if GRRM brings it somewhere close to where the show is going. Doesn't seem like it though.

Well, at the very least the show arc involves Petyr Baelish and the Boltons, so unless everyone emerges from this storyline unscathed I don't see how they could be mirroring the books.

What if Roose got the better of Littlefinger? A crazy thought I know.

Well, at the very least the show arc involves Petyr Baelish and the Boltons, so unless everyone emerges from this storyline unscathed I don't see how they could be mirroring the books.

What if Roose got the better of Littlefinger? A crazy thought I know.

Sansa will kill Littlefinger

Take it to the fucking bank.

Order of Events:
Sansa -> Bolton Red Wedding happens
Sansa unites North and the Vale
Sansa marries Stannis
Sansa now has united Stannis + North + Vale
Sansa realizes Littlefinger is no longer needed, throws him out of the moon door
Sansa and Stannis march to Kings Landing
Dany dies before even reaching Westeros
Sansa defeats Lannisters, Stannis dies
Sansa is queen of westeros

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. It was full of good scenes that laid the groundwork for the juicy twists to come

I think that about sums up the show at this point.

Since the first season I've never enjoyed the show as a faithful adaptation of the books, so I'm all for it being something different, less complex, and just more "entertaining" so to speak.

I want more of that Margaery x Cersei catty goodness. Make it Game of Thrones: Empire Edition and watch dat money roll in!

M.Bluth

They did arrive at Winterfell, actually. Show Westeros is about 12 miles long and 6 miles wide.
I'm shocked Jaime didn't make it to Dorne yet.

They did arrive at Winterfell, actually. Show Westeros is about 12 miles long and 6 miles wide.
I'm shocked Jaime didn't make it to Dorne yet.

That's nothing. In the books, a letter from after the Battle of Winterfell was sent back in time to before the battle. Winterfell is riddled with wormholes in the space-time continuum.

Massa

There will be stuff from the books there. I bet a lot of her season will be about manipulating Ramsay, with the added tension of what failure in doing so would mean in that situation.

Patriots7

Assuming she's rescued, she'll stay in Winterfell until they bring Rickon back.
In the books, she becomes significantly less valuable once Davos brings Rickon back, so she could end up in Winterfell with Harry anyway.

Posted?

Episode Titles and Synposis, 5-8

Ep5: Kill the Boy
Dany (Emilia Clarke) makes a difficult decision in Meereen. Jon (Kit Harington) recruits the help of an unexpected ally. Brienne (Gwendoline Christie) searches for Sansa (Sophie Turner). Theon (Alfie Allen) remains under Ramsay’s (Iwan Rheon) control.

Ep6: “Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken”
Arya (Maisie Williams) trains. Jorah (Iain Glen) and Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) run into slavers. Trystane (Toby Sebastian) and Myrcella (Nell Tiger Free) make plans. Jaime and Bronn reach their destination. The Sand Snakes attack.

Ep7: “The Gift”
Jon prepares for conflict. Sansa tries to talk to Theon. Brienne waits for a sign. Stannis (Stephen Dillane) remains stubborn. Jaime attempts to reconnect with family.

Ep8: “Hardhome”
Arya makes progress in her training. Sansa confronts an old friend. Cersei (Lena Headey) struggles. Jon travels.

This means:

Pits open in Ep5. Maybe marriage too?
Controversial Scene probably in this episode with the Theon under Ramsay control bit.

Ep7: Jamie back in KL? Oh, Bronn Dies confirmed. Only Jamie mentioned.

Ep8: Sansa confronts an Old Friend. WHO????????

http://watchersonthewall.com/game-o...ode-synopses-and-title-of-episode-8-revealed/

My Jaime prediction remains that he finds out that Cersei made up the Dorne threat and says "fuck it" when her Faith trial starts like in AFFC.

Edit: Nope. Based on the preview
Ellaria and the Sand Snakes sent it without Doran's consent I bet.

Regarding Ep 5 and Reek
definitely "the scene" but I remain convinced Sansa isn't the victim. I'm gonna wager that Ramsay trots him out for Sansa and shows what he did to him and how broken and ruined he is physically and mentally.

Posted?

Episode Titles and Synposis, 5-8

Ep5: Kill the Boy
Dany (Emilia Clarke) makes a difficult decision in Meereen. Jon (Kit Harington) recruits the help of an unexpected ally. Brienne (Gwendoline Christie) searches for Sansa (Sophie Turner). Theon (Alfie Allen) remains under Ramsay’s (Iwan Rheon) control.

Ep6: “Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken”
Arya (Maisie Williams) trains. Jorah (Iain Glen) and Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) run into slavers. Trystane (Toby Sebastian) and Myrcella (Nell Tiger Free) make plans. Jaime and Bronn reach their destination. The Sand Snakes attack.

Ep7: “The Gift”
Jon prepares for conflict. Sansa tries to talk to Theon. Brienne waits for a sign. Stannis (Stephen Dillane) remains stubborn. Jaime attempts to reconnect with family.

Ep8: “Hardhome”
Arya makes progress in her training. Sansa confronts an old friend. Cersei (Lena Headey) struggles. Jon travels.

This means:

Pits open in Ep5. Maybe marriage too?
Controversial Scene probably in this episode with the Theon under Ramsay control bit.

Ep7: Jamie back in KL? Oh, Bronn Dies confirmed. Only Jamie mentioned.

Ep8: Sansa confronts an Old Friend. WHO????????

http://watchersonthewall.com/game-o...ode-synopses-and-title-of-episode-8-revealed/

So, no Sansa and Ramsay's marriage until episode 8 at least? And for the old friend confrontation, I think it's Theon. Episode 7 she "tries" to talk to him, Episode 8 she confronts. She still think that Theon killed Bran and Rickon and destroyed Winterfell. I predict he will tell her that they are alive and it was Ramsay's doing and she will refuse to marry him, so we'll have them escaping

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

What are they referencing here?

In fact, the showrunners first thought about putting Sansa and Ramsay together back when they were writing season 2. “We really wanted Sansa to play a major part this season,” Benioff said. “If we were going to stay absolutely faithful to the book, it was going to be very hard to do that. There was as subplot we loved from the books, but it used a character that’s not in the show.

What are they referencing here?

They've generally had to plan things out years in advance knowing whatever they know about the plot developments to come. I assume back then they were already thinking about how to handle AFFC/ADWD adaptation and I'm sure they already had a basic outline of TWOW (as well as full access to the ADWD chapters that got moved to it, so I'm sure they already knew years ago how the Battle of Winterfell and the Battle of Meereen shake out).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom