• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys.

Guys.

This just in. I ventured over to the embarrassingly bad HBOWatch site, came across this, and facepalmed back out.

I used to write for the site before also facepalming out.

cY81zDC.png

Hmm, you seem to know your good pussy from your bad pussy. Can you elaborate on what exactly constitutes a bad pussy?

technically they're not wrong. In the books when he was stabbed it wasn't because "I hate wildlings"

Sean C

They pretty much have to do an "immediately after" finale, but that precludes the possibility of seeing anyone march on the Boltons or seeing the Sparrows removed from power.

They'll have to include

-Jon death reaction/resurrection
-Sansa/Theon escape
-Satan congratulating himself on defeating the greatest general of all time
The fact that they have Mel leave what feels like an hour or so before the battle and then arrive at Castle Black within the episode is going to create some temporal problems next season, I expect, unless we just open with Sansa and Theon having already been running through the woods for several days.

Kaladin

The fact that they have Mel leave what feels like an hour or so before the battle and then arrive at Castle Black within the episode is going to create some temporal problems next season, I expect, unless we just open with Sansa and Theon having already been running through the woods for several days.

It will obviously open with them arriving at Castle Black after Sansa heard about Jon becoming Lord Commander.

After all, we need a new POV at Castle Black anyway, and Sansa needs new umcomfortable living quarters.

What better place to go to than the people who killed her not bastard brother?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It will obviously open with them arriving at Castle Black after Sansa heard about Jon becoming Lord Commander.

After all, we need a new POV at Castle Black anyway, and Sansa needs new umcomfortable living quarters.

What better place to go to than the people who killed her not bastard brother?
Plus, what safer place for her than a brotherhood of thieves/murderers/rapists?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Is this old?

Game of Thrones: Kit Harington confirms exit as he reveals he was SACKED from show

Kit Harington has confirmed he has left Game of Thrones and Jon Snow is dead.

The actor, who has starred in the HBO fantasy epic since the pilot but in the season five finale was murdered by his own men, also revealed that he was sacked from the show that made its name by unexpectedly killing off characters.

"I had a sit-down with Dan [Weiss] and David [Benioff], we did the Tony Soprano walk [letting an actor know they're being whacked.]. And they said, 'Look, you're gone, it's done'," he told Entertainment Weekly.

"And as far as the salary thing goes, that angered me when that story came out. I don't know where it came from, but it was inaccurate in many ways. It's going to put questions into your head and into fans' heads that things are not what they are."

The actor added: "Quite honestly, I have never been told the future of things in this show, but this is the one time I have. They sat me down and said, 'This is how it is'.

Jon Snow, Game of Thrones
"If anything in the future is not like that, then I don't know about it – it's only in David and Dan and George's heads. But I've been told I'm dead. I'm dead. I'm not coming back next season. So that's all I can tell you, really."

However, as the next Game of Thrones book has yet to be published, fans still hold out hope that this is all a game of smoke and mirrors and the arrival of Lady Melisandre at Castle Black means that Jon could be brought back from death.

But fans will have to wait until next April to find out.

Poll loading …
Game of Thrones fans have been left beside themselves with grief over the death of Jon Snow.

The bastard son of beheaded Ned Stark and former Lord Commander of the Night's Watch was brutally murdered by his own men in the season finale of the show's fifth series last night, and fans aren't happy.

While Jon may have caused the deaths of untold Sworn Men to save their enemies the Wildlings, his death being brought about by little Olly, who'd he'd taught to survive, came as quite the shock.

bengraven

I can't wait to see people's reaction when Jon is revived by Melisandre's bad pussy.

Don't talk about my waifu like that!

She's got a firey one. Not like Lindsey Lohan. Well, yes, like Lindsey's...visually. But not like...medically...I mean...

Okay, wait, what was I talking about...

This meme is going to get banned really fucking quick.

bengraven

I was wondering about that.

So if Theon goes to the wall with Sansa, maybe Sansa will go to Skagos with Davos. On the show. I'm still convinced Davos will eventually bond with Rickon, maybe even adopt/take him as his ward.

Speevy

Banned
Here's another idea.

Sansa as a trojan horse.

They go around the north and the Riverlands collecting allies until they have enough to kill Ramsay. Then they arrive at the gates of Winterfell claiming to have captured Sansa. Of course, she's on the horse so they open the gates.

Then boom, dead Boltons.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I was wondering about that.

So if Theon goes to the wall with Sansa, maybe Sansa will go to Skagos with Davos. On the show. I'm still convinced Davos will eventually bond with Rickon, maybe even adopt/take him as his ward.
Davos will go with Sansa to Skagos and preside over her wedding to Rickon. She's already a polygamist so why not add incest to it?

bengraven

Davos will go with Sansa to Skagos and preside over her wedding to Rickon. She's already a polygamist so why not add incest to it?

DandD: "It's how things were done in those days...we didn't get young Tommen and older Marg as well, so this covers our bases twice".

Massa

Different POV, different time. Same as the books.

Forkball

Ramsay didn't even have his cool flayed man armor from the books. He was out there fighting in a leather jerkin. A JERKIN.

In Westeros, the flow of time itself is convoluted, with heroes centuries old phasing in and out.
The very fabric wavers, and relations shift and obscure.

takriel

Haha we're all speculating that Theon and Sansa are still alive. But what if they're actually dead? The showrunners will be like: "Wait, you really thought they survived? We thought we made it pretty clear that they died there jumping off that wall..."

Guys, guys, I just realized.
Balon Greyjoy survived Stannis Baratheon.

His response to the question if Melisandre could resurrect Jon, definitely leaves the door open for him to come back IMO.

So that interview seems to confirm that Stannis is dead for good, but Jon is soon to be resurrected?

I also saw an interview with Liam Cunningham (the actor playing Davos) where he said that he's sad Stephen Dillane was going to leave and they had a good bye dinner and stuff.
I can't link you, cause I read it at class. Sorry.

Haha we're all speculating that Theon and Sansa are still alive. But what if they're actually dead? The showrunners will be like: "Wait, you really thought they survived? We thought we made it pretty clear that they died there jumping off that wall..."

In that interview with the director I linked, he said something like "It's pretty safe to assume that Theon and Sansa survived the jump".

Kozak

Banned
I believe it when I see it, he'll obviously be back, they had Mellisandre show up just in time, that's not a coincidence, what is she goong to do at the wall if not reviving Jon?

Raped? Burned? Killed?

Plenty of things that can happen with Melisendre at the wall after Stannis and Jon died.

Why would the wall offer protection to her?

Davos being there also kind encourages her death Imo.

Madness

I still don't get the Dorne plot moving forward. People keep saying they saved the plot with the Myrcella stuff. But now, Doran lost his future daughter in law, one who could've been a major power or heir to Casterly Rock, his only heir (in the show) is now in Lannister hands and the second chance he gave Ellaria seems to have backfired. Even in the books it didn't make much sense, but it's completely balls up in the show. So much for the 'we don't hurt little girls in Dorne'.

Unless Myrcella death is used as plot device for Jaime to move onto Riverlands or into Brienne arms or whatever. Maybe Jaime now becomes the character he was in books. Realizes he has no one who really loves him, he wasn't a father to his own children, he's nothing without his hand, there are no accolades in his white book for him, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom