• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the book world, that would go to Edric Storm, King Robert's eldest acknowledged Bastard-born son. Roughly the same age as Trystane Martell, Edric was conceived on Stannis' Wedding night with one of Selyse's cousins, Delena. As Delena was of noble birth, Edric was acknowledged by the King. He would then be sent to Storm's End as a ward of Renly and was under the guardianship of Cortnay Penrose. As an acknowledged bastard, Edric would be sent birthday gifts by King Robert, chosen by Varys, every year.

Although Gendry is older than Edric his existence is unknown to most of Westeros and as his mother wasn't highborn he was never acknowledged by Robert, although his tutelage under the blacksmith was paid for.

Of Robert's many bastard's, there is also Mya Stone. Who is his oldest bastard and although was never acknowledged it is very well known that she is biologically King Robert's daughter but as she is female the line of succession would pass her over in favour of Edric anyway.

Many of King Robert's known bastards were murdered shortly after his death as we all know but there are a few survivors.

Being acknowledged=/=being in the line of succession.

I think someone did the logistics and said that it would pass over to the Targaryens somehow because all Baratheons are dead.

On the other hand, that would be quite funny in a sense if Edric got to kingship because then he'd be the Storm King, who the Baratheons claim heritage from.

munchie64

Guys. People LIE. And in the grand scheme of things, lying about a TV show is not much of a big deal. IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME.

dubq

Guys. People LIE. And in the grand scheme of things, lying about a TV show is not much of a big deal. IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME.

Well, not only that. I don't even consider it a lie. They're protecting the integrity of their job by not putting out spoilers on their work.

- Stephane Dilane's resignation as he realizes his fate was some great acting.

Dillane and Cunningham put on a clinic the past couple seasons. They are outstanding actors.

Hopefully Dillane gets some good work after this show. He killed it in John Adams too.

Book the guy for Star Wars Nina Gold

munchie64

Well, not only that. I don't even consider it a lie. They're protecting the integrity of their job by not putting out spoilers on their work.
Yeah, you're right. I was trying to be clear how normal it is. So crazy that people in this thread are freaking out.

Dillane and Cunningham put on a clinic the past couple seasons. They are outstanding actors.

Hopefully Dillane gets some good work after this show. He killed it in John Adams too.

Book the guy for Star Wars Nina Gold

The second season of The Tunnel returns next year - Dillane is so effortlessly charismatic in it, it's insane that Stannis and Karl Roebuck are played by the same person.

If Jon is dead, there could be a war at the Wall with Tormund coming out on top.

He understands the threat of the WhiteWalkers so it's not like they'd act like "wildlings."

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Does anyone else feel sorry for Rosabell Laurenti Sellers? She's 19 and I can see that bad pussy line following her for a while. People will ask her to say that line at every con she goes to from now on.

NeoGiff

Does anyone else feel sorry for Rosabell Laurenti Sellers? She's 19 and I can see that bad pussy line following her for a while. People will ask her to say that line at every con she goes to from now on.

If she goes to TitanCon this year, I'll ask her and record it for GAF.

@Werthead Jun 14

Hmm, local press apparently repoting that Peñíscola is going to be used for a Dornish location for GoT S6.
@Werthead Jun 14

Unclear whether that's a fact or speculation. Interesting if true, as that means it's not Casterly Rock.

More Dorne. Please be excited.

So apparently the HBO show site says in Stannis' biography that he died at the hands of Brienne outside Winterfell. :(

I'll believe it when I see it confirmed on TV. If that is the case they missed a clear opportunity to just show Stannis getting got... They dont' shy away from that with anybody else, Ned, Oberyn Martel, Jaime getting his arm cut off, Rob getting it in the heart, Jon Snuhh getting got by OlliOlli... So I can't imagine why they'd cut away from Stannis -- who is supposed to be portrayed as a baddie late season -- from Brienne, who is portrayed as a heroine.

Assuming ol' Stanner aint dead.

TRios Zen

I'll believe it when I see it confirmed on TV. If that is the case they missed a clear opportunity to just show Stannis getting got... They dont' shy away from that with anybody else, Ned, Oberyn Martel, Jaime getting his arm cut off, Rob getting it in the heart, Jon Snuhh getting got by OlliOlli... So I can't imagine why they'd cut away from Stannis -- who is supposed to be portrayed as a baddie late season -- from Brienne, who is portrayed as a heroine.

Assuming ol' Stanner aint dead.

Didn't the showrunners recently state that they felt like they had to show the death occur so that there wasn't fan speculation that they might come back? Seems like I heard that recently.

I also wonder if Brienne's character would kill a helpless person like that, even with the anger she has. OF course, if I worry to much about character actions, I might enjoy the show version less, so might just leave this one alone.

wNHMP0a.gif

I also wonder if Brienne's character would kill a helpless person like that, even with the anger she has. OF course, if I worry to much about character actions, I might enjoy the show version less, so might just leave this one alone.

Show Brienne would absolutely kill a helpless person like that, she's a nutter.

So apparently the HBO show site says in Stannis' biography that he died at the hands of Brienne outside Winterfell. :(

Yes. Because, as many of us keep saying, Brienne killed him. Some people just can't accept it, though.

I remember after Ep.4 this season there were people who firmly believed that Barry wasn't going to die because: "why would they show Grey Worm saving him from getting his throat cut if he's just going to die later?"

Beginning of next episode: Barry's dead as a doornail.

Yes. Because, as many of us keep saying, Brienne killed him. Some people just can't accept it, though.

I remember after Ep.4 this season there were people who firmly believed that Barry wasn't going to die because: "why would they show Grey Worm saving him from getting his throat cut if he's just going to die later?"

Beginning of next episode: Barry's dead as a doornail.

Barristan's death's issue was that it was shot so poorly and made to be inconclusive. Imagine if Sansa is dead next season after jumping into the snow. I mean obviously she isn't, but imagine if they did that. It would be the same as Barristan's death, I think.

Phenomena

Anybody else disappointed at the lack of Roose Bolton in the last episodes of the season? I find him more interesting to watch than Ramsay's shenanigans.

Maybe he was so amazed by Ramsay's 20 good men that he went into the crypts and drank wine.

Also #StannisLives

Anybody else disappointed at the lack of Roose Bolton in the last episodes of the season? I find him more interesting to watch than Ramsay's shenanigans.

Maybe he was so amazed by Ramsay's 20 good men that he went into the crypts and drank wine.

Also #StannisLives

There were a bunch of people missing that didn't make sense. The lack of Tryells was perhaps the biggest missing thing.

Phenomena

There were a bunch of people missing that didn't make sense. The lack of Tryells was perhaps the biggest missing thing.

Yeah the power struggle between Cersei and the Tyrells felt really lame by comparison to the books. They just got dropped after that trial in the Sparrow's closet.

bengraven

I just realised.

Margaery is a good girl with a bad pussy. She's perfect.

Is it bad? I mean, apparently she only had sex with one guy if the show has anything to do with it. The book only hints at it.

She's more of a "wink wink" good girl with a "wink wink" good pussy.

Kaladin

I don't think anyone has really talked about this much, but I loved the Benjen Stark tease in the finale's recap.

That was a nice touch.

Speevy

Banned
They pretty much have to do an "immediately after" finale, but that precludes the possibility of seeing anyone march on the Boltons or seeing the Sparrows removed from power.

They'll have to include

-Jon death reaction/resurrection
-Sansa/Theon escape
-Satan congratulating himself on defeating the greatest general of all time

NeoGiff

Guys.

Guys.

This just in. I ventured over to the embarrassingly bad HBOWatch site, came across this, and facepalmed back out.

I used to write for the site before also facepalming out.

cY81zDC.png

Is it bad? I mean, apparently she only had sex with one guy if the show has anything to do with it. The book only hints at it.

She's more of a "wink wink" good girl with a "wink wink" good pussy.

Hmm, you seem to know your good pussy from your bad pussy. Can you elaborate on what exactly constitutes a bad pussy?

Lothar

Banned
I don't think anyone has really talked about this much, but I loved the Benjen Stark tease in the finale's recap.

That was a nice touch.

I might like it if I didn't think finally abandoning his vows for his sister was so much better than that and said much more about his character. I don't understand why they changed it.

Speevy

Banned
In retrospect, why did everyone keep saying that Bronn was getting his head cut off by Areo Hotah?

What a weird thing to make up.

Speevy

Banned
I might like it if I didn't think finally abandoning his vows for his sister was so much better than that and said much more about his character. I don't understand why they changed it.

Because they wanted to parallel Ned Stark. I told you guys before. This show is in love with scenes they already filmed.

Ned Stark sits around pondering who to back, how to proceed, then he walks in the throne room and loses everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom