• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crisco

Banned
I mentioned this before, but did any of you watch Kit on Kimmel the week before the finale?

kit13.jpg

There's zero reason for him to look like that if he's done with the show. I'm a software engineer that hides in a damn office all day where no one can see my face, but I still don't walk out of my house that poorly groomed.

I mentioned this before, but did any of you watch Kit on Kimmel the week before the finale?

kit13.jpg

There's zero reason for him to look like that if he's done with the show. I'm a software engineer that hides in a damn office all day where no one can see my face, but I still don't walk out of my house that poorly groomed.

I think the same.

I think they start shooting in a month or two. Since they've already sent out casting calls however, they're most likely finished writing season 6.

FrigidEh

kit13.jpg

Poorly groomed = wearing a suit, having a nice beard, and long hair?

Speevy

Banned
If Jon were really dead, they would have revealed who his mother was before his death.

That's how this show does things.

kit13.jpg

To be fair people know him for having that look and hbo could've easily asked him to keep the look to not spoiler the possibility?

Marz

kit13.jpg

That's actually a really good look for a 20-30 year old with nice teeth and nice clothes.

Poorly groomed = wearing a suit, having a nice beard, and long hair?

Set his "poorly groomed" comment aside for a moment, since that appears to have struck a nerve.

He looks like Jon Snow in a suit, as opposed to looking like...

1420519542210.jpg

...he did a few months back when haircut-gate started.

Joe

Can anyone mention the important and TRUE romances in the books? I don't feel like Catelyn truly loves Eddard, she loves the kids more than she loves him I feel. Did Daenerys truly love Drogo? Anyone else?

Also is there a good source for officially sanctioned art and/or top-tier fan art?

NeoGiff

On Ramsay, I wrote this as part of a much longer contribution to an article that will now most likely never see the light of day, and all I could think about was GAF while doing it:

I am not a fan of Ramsay’s depiction in the show. To get straight to the point: I do not dispute that a band of twenty could infiltrate a camp and cause havoc, especially given the dire circumstances. However, the preposterous way it was presented on screen raises multiple red flags. Ramsay and his band of Twenty Good Men infiltrated a camp of starving thousands, destroyed all of the siege weaponry, killed most of the horses, and burned the food stores, all without a single person loyal to Stannis seeing or hearing anything until the simultaneous combustion of random tents around the camp after Ramsay and co. had already left. It’s as if those in charge knew that there was no believable way to show Ramsay and the Twenty Good Men doing this, so it all occurred off-screen with a magical handwave. It aligns perfectly with Yara’s botched rescue of Theon last season - despite whatever intent was behind the writing, the information presented to us on screen made it seem as if the “fifty best killers” from the Iron Islands were bested by a shirtless Ramsay and the mere threat of being attacked by hounds. In isolation, these scenes are iffy enough, but when they are played in sequence, Ramsay comes across as an invincible warrior who can accomplish anything and faces no consequences or repercussions.

Edit:

Eh. It's like when he ran off the ironborn. It's not like it was just him in his underwear. He had armed and armored guys behind him and, yes, a pack of dogs. The ironborn were outnumbered. The scene sucked but it doesn't mean Ramsay would have just chopped everyone up by himself. Nor did we see him fight in this battle, for all we know he just waited in the back until it was over and then went around stabbing wounded people. There is actually NO evidence that he is some remarkable fighter in the show, in fact we haven't seen him fight a single time or heard about him fighting.

Did you even watch that episode?! Ramsay is clearly shown wading in shirtless, and quite competently dispatches a number of the fifty best killas.

Speevy

Banned
Can anyone mention the important and TRUE romances in the books? I don't feel like Catelyn truly loves Eddard, she loves the kids more than she loves him I feel. Did Daenerys truly love Drogo? Anyone else?

Also is there a good source for officially sanctioned art and/or top-tier fan art?

There's very little true love, and what is gets drowned out by hate.

Robb loved his wife, but everyone else hated her.

Marz

Brienne-Jamie
Cersei-herself
Tyrion-whores
Ygritte-Jon
Jon Con-Rhaegar

Crisco

Banned
Lol you guys are crazy. You think a neckbeard is a good look? Ok, I forgot most of you never interact with females you aren't related to.

Exactly.

And he seems to be doing pretty well in the female department, so why change?

Donald Trump does great in the female department too, what a dream boat!

Speevy

Banned
On Ramsay, I wrote this as part of a much longer contribution to an article that will now most likely never see the light of day, and all I could think about was GAF while doing it:

Maybe that's how they'll kill Ramsay. Littlefinger teleports himself to Winterfell and invites Ramsay to go on a hunt.

Only Ramsay becomes the hunted.

Brakke

Banned
The greatest love story of all is on the show: Cersei <3 Dornish Red.

Also speaking of Dornish Red, the Viper and Ellaria.

NeoGiff

Maybe that's how they'll kill Ramsay. Littlefinger teleports himself to Winterfell and invites Ramsay to go on a hunt.

Only Ramsay becomes the hunted.

Littlefinger is old news. We have a new contender for the innovator of teleportation technology.

Melly Sanders travelled from right outside Winterfell to Castle Black in the same episode.

John Dunbar

correct about everything

kit13.jpg

when you look like that dude you can be just as poorly groomed as you feel like.

dubq

The fact that they have Mel leave what feels like an hour or so before the battle and then arrive at Castle Black within the episode is going to create some temporal problems next season, I expect, unless we just open with Sansa and Theon having already been running through the woods for several days.

How did it feel like an hour? I'm not sure how you can equate minutes on a tv show with any length of "real time" in the "world" of the show unless they specifically state said length time.

kit13.jpg

wtf are you talking about?

Mr Git

Lol you guys are crazy. You think a neckbeard is a good look? Ok, I forgot most of you never interact with females you aren't related to.

He looks sexy as fuck. Pretty sure facial hair that also exists on the neck isn't a neckbeard. Last bit appears to be projecting a bit after your hide in office cubicle previous comment :p

Donald Trump does great in the female department too, what a dream boat!
You seriously assume people are neck beards in this forum when you yourself frequent it?

dubq

He has a regular beard. If you think that what he has is a neckbeard, then you don't know what a neckbeard is.

His hair looks great? Not very frizzy and layered well for being curly. I might be biased because I have similar hair though :p

And that's not a neckbeard, it's just a beard :/

Edit: He should start rocking a man bun like me <3

Massa

The show has never worked like that (and it's especially problematic when you're dealing with two plots that are very likely going to intersect).

The show clearly works like that but people choose to nitpick it instead. It's obviously something they would want to avoid but given the multiple different threads going on at a time and given that the source material works like this that would be impossible.

Moff

he looks great with it, and fullbeards have come into fashion many years ago, if they are nicely trimmed, and his is perfectly trimmed.

so I wouldnt say he has that beard because of filming
a) until they start shooting he could easily grow that back, right now they are still looking for actors
b) this is simply the style he rocks at the moment
c) he is probably at the height of his popularity and enjoys being recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom