• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Kit Harington bromance defense force is on fecking patrol! Can we please drop the whole ordeal about whether he's "poorly groomed" or not and discuss the issue at hand?

Simple question: which looks more like Jon Snow to you?

January 2015:

1420519542210.jpg

or last week:

kit13.jpg

Doesn't necessarily mean squat. But there was a bit of noise last winter about Kit cutting his hair short. Looks like Jon Snow again now. If he were still walking around looking like he did 5 and 6 months ago, it'd be game over for any hope of him returning. But the way he looked on Kimmel last week kinda' leaves the door cracked open. Nothing more, nothing less.

Bread

Banned
Wow. Kit Harington bromance defense force is on fecking patrol! Can we please drop the whole ordeal about whether he's "poorly groomed" or not and discuss the issue at hand?

January 2015:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/content/dam/images/1/2/i/s/p/z/image.related.StuffLandscapeSixteenByNine.620x349.12isfk.png/1420519542210.jpg[/MG]

or last week:

[IMG]http://stupidcelebrities.net/wp-content/2015/06/kit13.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Honestly it just looks like his hair is an inch longer. That's the only difference I see from those two pictures. They both look exactly like Jon Snow.

Moff

January 2015:

1420519542210.jpg

or last week:

kit13.jpg

Doesn't necessarily mean squat. But there was a bit of noise last winter about Kit cutting his hair short. Looks like Jon Snow again now. If he were still walking around looking like he did 5 and 6 months ago, it'd be game over for any hope of him returning. But the way he looked on Kimmel last week kinda' leaves the door cracked open. Nothing more, nothing less.

his hair is a little longer, the beard is exactly the same, which actually proves that the "grooming" quality of his beard is absolutely meaningless

Honestly it just looks like his hair is an inch longer. That's the only difference I see from those two pictures. They both look exactly like Jon Snow.

His hair is several inches longer. Looks to me like it hasn't been trimmed or cut since January. For what it's worth, which may be nothing. I understand that.

his hair is a little longer, the beard is exactly the same, which actually proves that the "grooming" quality of his beard is absolutely meaningless

I agree. But I'm not the one that brought that up. Beards can tidied up/ grown out/ changed damn near daily.

Did you even watch that episode?! Ramsay is clearly shown wading in shirtless, and quite competently dispatches a number of the fifty best killas.

True, I forgot he killed a couple guys. Not that big a deal. The ironborn are hugely overrated IMO, they lost pretty much every battle and every war. And they were outnumbered in that scene, there were 6 of them, not 50.

Crisco

Banned
Do we know when he filmed "7 Days in Hell"? Because for that, it looks he completely shaved his facial hair (unless he's wearing some kind of mask).

Kit-Harington-in-spoof-tennis-film-582721.jpg

My guess is it was sometime before January 2015, and he's been slowly growing back the beard so he can film Season 6.

Paganmoon

Do we know when he filmed "7 Days in Hell"? Because for that, it looks he completely shaved his facial hair (unless he's wearing some kind of mask).

Kit-Harington-in-spoof-tennis-film-582721.jpg

My guess is it was sometime before January 2015, and he's been slowly growing back the beard so he can film Season 6.

Uhm, that beard shouldn't take more than a few weeks to grow though.

He was kidding, but I'll edit it out anyway myself.

If it's anything, it's probably a flashback with Ned's older brother Brandon. Flashbacks featuring maybe Ned, Brandon, and Robert have been hinted at in casting leaks.

It's one of the flashback scenes. None of this or any of those characters appear in the books, but:
There are various Bran(don) Starks in the series, but this one is likely Eddard Stark's older brother Brandon who got killed by the Mad King.

Moff

the names are changed for each casting session and now they know which actor leaked this. sorry to say but he will never find a job again

Kyougar

Jupp, D&D browse these boards. It's where they get the best ideas for their storylines.

they certainly found the posts shitting on book 4 and 5 the last years and thought they could get away with a shit Season 5.

What a waste of book material. If they could include original Hardhome and make it awesome. Why didnt they make 2 Seasons out of Book 4 and 5.
It's clearly better than the bad season we got now. Totally all over the place, some stories where going to fast, other had too few moments to matter (Dorne)
Even with all the material cuts, it just felt like a bad checklist transformed into a season. "We need this, this and this! Check." Without any meaningfull character and worldbuilding.

Jaime in Dorne was a mistake. We have so many available characters in the Riverlands that it could have been meaningfull. (Lady Stoneheart had to have been included into Season 4 for it to work) The Riverland would be mostly Season 5 with some climaxes with the siege and some battles. Here are some great opportunitys for original show material.
Dorne would be just setup for Season 6. To get the characters into the minds of the audience to make them matter when the real juicy story in Season 6 and 7 rolls out
The great northern conspiracy would be set up in Season 5 with Manderly and reaches the climax in Season 6 with the battle for Winterfell without the whole 20 good men thing.
I would place hardhome in early Season 6. Jon gets elected in the latter half of Season 5.
Bran wouldnt been cut in season 5 but gets only a few Treeinternet thingies.
The Ironborn and the kingsmoot would be heavily featured in Season 6 together with the dorne plot.
Tyrion wouldmeet Dany in ending of Season 5 (instead of episode 8) and he gets some more episodes with Dany until Dazanks pit in season 6
And Loras would get more characterisation in Season 5 with Tommen until he gets arrested (Im ok with that change) In episode 10 Season 5.

My Timeline would be:

Season 5:
- Lady Stoneheart and Riverland Stories with Jaime and Bronn. the story would climax with the Siege of Riverrun. (could be a change with some battles)
- Wall would get fewer
less
focus in Season 5
- But Stannis and winterfell are still heavily featured, Davos is off to search for Rickon after meeting Manderly
- Winterfell is in the hands of the Boltons. The great northern Conspiracy with manderly gives the watchers osme frigging HOPE! Stannis gets his Deepwood motte Story and the Season would end with Stannis snowed in. LIKE REALLY FRIGGING SNOWED IN. And not 2 inches of snow.
- Dorne just a character setup
- no ironborn
- Tyrion meets Dany only in Episode 10
- Kings landing has more Political stuff like the rest of the seasons and just a checklist of things to do. Climax would be arming the Faith militant in Ep 8 and imprisoning Margery and Loras in Episode 10.
- I dont know what to do with Sansa but great northern conspiracy could still work with her in Winterfell
- MAYBE we could get a real WTF moment in Season 5 with the Tower of Joy as an Episode 9 Flashback (complete Episode).

Season 6:
- Kingsmoot and the Ironborn are reintroduced. Victarion can be cut, but there has to be some ship battles
- Dorne will get its revenge Story setup (Jaime will get to Dorne after ending the Siege but as an official emissary bringing the mountains head)
- Lady Stoneheart is just doing her things in the riverlands without much focus from the show.
- Hardhome is Episode 2 or 3
- Daznak pit in episode 4 or 5 not later than 6 we would get 1 or even 2 episodes without knowing what happened to dany. Last 2 Episodes in that storyline would be spoilers.
- Battle for Winterfell in episode 7 or 8 with more setup the previous episodes. They could either show the full battle or just the beginning or half and leave the outcome a mystery for the pink letter
- Jon gets Olly'ed in Episode 9
- IF Fake Aegon is still on the board there could be a message to Kevan/Cersei that the Golden Company has landed in the stormlands in episode 10.
- There would be some big Spoilers from Winds of Winter in the last 3 or 4 Episodes

what could have been :(

ezrarh

10 episodes for Tyrion to get to Dany? Your outline would make for even worse television. I'm just glad they got this season out of the way and can move the story forward next season. This is hoping that they'll have book 6 material ready during production.

The cracks appeared in Season 2

RIP House of the Undying, Qhorin Halfhand, Battle at the Fist of the First Men, and Weasel Soup

Yeah, what they did to Jon's storyline, and Arya's was where it started to go for me. I liked Arya and Tywin at first, but once it became clear that's all it was going to be, I just didn't care for it.

Kyougar

10 episodes for Tyrion to get to Dany? Your outline would make for even worse television. I'm just glad they got this season out of the way and can move the story forward next season. This is hoping that they'll have book 6 material ready during production.

whats the difference between 8 and 10?

they certainly found the posts shitting on book 4 and 5 the last years and thought they could get away with a shit Season 5.

What a waste of book material. If they could include original Hardhome and make it awesome. Why didnt they make 2 Seasons out of Book 4 and 5.
It's clearly better than the bad season we got now. Totally all over the place, some stories where going to fast, other had too few moments to matter (Dorne)
Even with all the material cuts, it just felt like a bad checklist transformed into a season. "We need this, this and this! Check." Without any meaningfull character and worldbuilding.

That's not really fair to say, because they did take stuff from books 4/5 and put them in previous seasons.

And for all we know stuff that was skipped can still show up next season.

Brakke

Banned
11427238_10153644354501840_3771172060038834460_n.jpg

Isn't that speculation more tied to the books than the series?

Yeah but the way it's true in the books means Jon is clearly a Major Player in the endgame. Plus, R+L=J is the legendary question that GRR asked D&D before he gave them his blessing. If the show ends anywhere near how the book ends, Jon has to be present in some form.

ezrarh

whats the difference between 8 and 10?

That was just an example but people were already bored with not enough things happening. Once you start adding characters that don't have the same development as the starting characters, people will get frustrated with the show like they did with the book. I wasn't going to nitpick all your ideas but climaxing with the Faith Militant being armed and siege of Riverrun would ridiculous. Two seasons to get a Dorne setup? There's no gravitas in that when you compare it to where the story has been. Martin wrote the book so that it couldn't be filmed. Could D&D condense it a little better than what they've done here? Yeah but people thinking you could make AFFC and ADWD reasonable television in two seaons are fooling themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom