• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard this theory before:
- Jaime was born holding Cersei's foot/ankle with his hand (mentioned in the books, not sure if mentioned in-show)
- Jaime loses that hand
- Weird focus on Cersei's injured foot during the end of the walk in the finale
- Cersei will lose the foot Jaime was born holding next season.

Makes sense!

Brakke

Banned
That's what he's saying, the only reason for Ned to be cagey about Jon's mother, is if R+L=J is true.

If Ashara was Jon's mother, why the hell would it be such a huge secret, kept from everyone, if it was to protect the honor of a woman half way across Westeros, why keep it a secret even from Jon himself.

Yeah, I'm saying.

Plus the idea that Dany is a secret Targ is just too much to handle lol. So silly.

Speevy

Banned
It seems obvious to me that show Cersei is completely capable of using the Lannister military to wipe out the sparrows, or at least she is capable of convincing her son to do this.

Does book Cersei not possess this ability?

It seems obvious to me that show Cersei is completely capable of using the Lannister military to wipe out the sparrows, or at least she is capable of convincing her son to do this.

She didn't get the chance. And now in the show all the people are against her except creepy maester and undead big guy.

I am pretty sure in the show we will see High Septon killed within first 3 episodes.

eot

Banned

In the books she's not in charge when she comes out of jail, Kevan is. There are some events past that which the show hasn't gotten to yet though.

Speevy

Banned
In the books she's not in charge when she comes out of jail, Kevan is. There are some events past that which the show hasn't gotten to yet though.

Well he's in charge here too, but Varys doesn't kill him, which presents a new set of circumstances.

It's clear to me that the way the sparrows on the show are presented is kind of stifling the creativity of what they can do with the KL storyline going forward. Sure there are Margaery and Loras, but it's all much more interesting when vicious people can continue doing vicious things.

And of course they can't have signed Jonathan Price up for too many more episodes.

Never heard this theory before:
- Jaime was born holding Cersei's foot/ankle with his hand (mentioned in the books, not sure if mentioned in-show)
- Jaime loses that hand
- Weird focus on Cersei's injured foot during the end of the walk in the finale
- Cersei will lose the foot Jaime was born holding next season.

Makes sense!

Where Jimmy and Kathy end up after Marcy dying will be real interesting next season.

Ushay

I still don't understand why Jon was killed off. It makes no fucking sense, he still has unsolved plot threads, such as his parentage and it's significance?

Paganmoon

True- if we're talking about his "reborn" form being radically different and being played by another actor or something, then just shooting an extra scene or two with Kit is no big deal. I guess that's the thing- we don't really know what to expect out of this. Such a weird feeling to finally be at this point...

I think I'm going to have to give up my dream of becoming a stand up comic.

Ushay

Nah dude, Jon ain't gone

Your in denial.

Maybe if the author had any sense he wouldn't be but instead use it as a brilliant moment to bring him back. But this isn't the case, he's out and it made no sense at all.

Edit: Did I miss something? :O

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Your in denial.

Maybe if the author had any sense he wouldn't be but instead use it as a brilliant moment to bring him back. But this isn't the case, he's out and it made no sense at all.

You know nothing.

Not really, but it's heavily theorized/implied that he is going to be resurrected.

Your in denial.

Are you a show watcher or book reader?

Jon will be back. The show didn't really lay the groundwork for it (outside of "hey, Melisandre is at the Wall now!") but it's pretty clear in the book.

The flames crackled softly, and in their crackling she heard the whispered name Jon Snow. His long face floated before her, limned in tongues of red and orange, appearing and disappearing again, a shadow half- seen behind a fluttering curtain. Now he was a man, now a wolf, now a man again. But the skulls were here as well, the skulls were all around him.

Skulls. A thousand skulls, and the bastard boy again. Jon Snow...

Yet now she could not even seem to find her king. I pray for a glimpse of Azor Ahai, and R’hllor shows me only Snow.

Brakke

Banned
"But the skulls were here as well, the skulls were all around him."

Maybe he goes on to lead the Golden Company. They ring the captain's tent in the skulls of dead commanders. This is probably what happens, mark it down, it's true for sure.

Lothar

Banned
Casting call for last year

F2UGtSF.jpg

Ushay

Are you a show watcher or book reader?

Jon will be back. The show didn't really lay the groundwork for it (outside of "hey, Melisandre is at the Wall now!") but it's pretty clear in the book.
Show watcher that started reading the books.

If what you guys are saying is true, then why Kit not working on season 6?

So people actually think Jon is dead?

Maybe its just me but..

I just assume the red bitch is there to save him. It was the whole purpose of burning shireen was it not?

She believes in his future more than stannis and needs to revive jon. Its the whole reason we had the previous scene with the mountain and brothers without banners. The show writers had to setup the audiance for revival. Especially without lady stoneheart, it was solely so we would believe in her magic and it wouldnt be outlandish as a plot device when we see it used for the second time.

Im assuming we will see some sort of ceremony where they will burn jons body. Since he is a half targaryen the fire will not burn him. It will be a double whammy and the burning of his body will also be what brings him back. Thats why it was important to burn shireen alive and not simply use her blood, it would be nessesary for the revival of jon snow.

At this point he can then walk away from his life at the black having ended his vows with his former lifes debt and head south with the free folk and amass an army to take back winterfell. Along the way he will see sam and rejoin sansa and brienne.

Or am I just crazy?

Euron

#dead

Nope. 0% chance of this. If anything in the show the final boss stare of the Night's King toward Jon heavily indicates an eventual fight between them. And we know D&D aren't subtle about anything.

Only way I can see Jon being permanantly dead is if the plot turns into a bunch of characters we hate coming together to fight a great evil. That is Roose, Ramsay, Walder Frey, Melisandre, Littlefinger, the mutineers, the Sand Snakes, Randyll Tarly, and Cersei all band together to fight the White Walkers.

#dead

Nope. 0% chance of this. If anything in the show the final boss stare of the Night's King toward Jon heavily indicates an eventual fight between them. And we know D&D aren't subtle about anything.

Only way I can see Jon being permanantly dead is if the plot turns into a bunch of characters we hate coming together to fight a great evil. That is Roose, Ramsay, Walder Frey, Melisandre, Littlefinger, the mutineers, the Sand Snakes, Randyll Tarly, and Cersei all band together to fight the White Walkers.

Haha I would love to see that. So much evil in one army no one would stop them haha.

No way there's going to be some big good vs evil final fight or that the White Walkers are straight up evil. That would go along with everything GRRM dislikes (which he's expressed a few times) about fantasy novels and go against the essence of the series.

Ushay

Maybe its just me but..

I just assume the red bitch is there to save him. It was the whole purpose of burning shireen was it not?

She believes in his future more than stannis and needs to revive jon. Its the whole reason we had the previous scene with the mountain and brothers without banners. The show writers had to setup the audiance for revival. Especially without lady stoneheart, it was solely so we would believe in her magic and it wouldnt be outlandish as a plot device when we see it used for the second time.

Im assuming we will see some sort of ceremony where they will burn jons body. Since he is a half targaryen the fire will not burn him. It will be a double whammy and the burning of his body will also be what brings him back. Thats why it was important to burn shireen alive and not simply use her blood, it would be nessesary for the revival of jon snow.

At this point he can then walk away from his life at the black having ended his vows with his former lifes debt and head south with the free folk and amass an army to take back winterfell. Along the way he will see sam and rejoin sansa and brienne.

Or am I just crazy?
You're crazy.

Haha, just kidding. I guess we'll have to wait.

It's strange how Jon is one of the top paid actors on the show and he got axed at Season 5. I'm going to crack on with the books since I sound like a right fool in these threads. Really want to know more about these prophecies and forshadowimg everyone is speaking of.

Your in denial.

Why did I follow/care about the Snow story for the last several years? What was the point?

Im assuming we will see some sort of ceremony where they will burn jons body. Since he is a half targaryen the fire will not burn him.

Whoops. I think you've forgotten about a certain someone's hand getting burned pretty badly by a certain lamp...

jon-snow-jeor-mormont-108.jpg

Not to mention this whole idea about Targs not being burnable. It's a little more complicated than that.

Yonafunu

Targs aren't immune to fire, that's bullshit. They're maybe a little more resistant to heat than the average person, but nothing more.

I don't like how Stannis went out. Brienne the ninja in plate mail avoiding the battle to instantly appear when Stannis finally sits down. GTFO out of here.

I also didn't like the Et tu Olly. Seems so forced in comparison to the books, as has been the theme. While in the books the Night's Watch were justified, they are the traitors here in the show. And Olly. Sweet little olly. He is Joffrey tier in terms of scumbaggedness.

Should have atleast had some shit pop off with the wildlings while in Castle Black to have a tipping point.

There were some serious missteps this season though, namely Dorne (everything except Ms. Tits) and turning Sansa's story into Rape Simulator 2015. I hope this is an actual divergence, because Harry the Heir can't be this shitty.

Good episode though I'd say, and a decent ending for an overall decent season. Still into the show unlike a lot of friends who read the books.

Edit: Thinking about the Watch thing again. What is Thorne going to do? The wildlings are already on their side of the wall. It's thousands of them against 100 at most Night's Watch and you killed the olive branch that kept everything together.

The Watch don't have Twenty Good Men™. They are gonna be fucked.

Won't a revived Jon be a lesser human? You get the feeling that GRRM portrays revivals as if these were wrong.

Hard to see Jon positioned as a pure, hero of the Realm character.after being revived.

Speevy

Banned
If Stannis really is dead, they only had two options for killing him: Brienne or Ramsay

I think they made the right decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom