• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Banned
What?

Storm's End is a Castle, the seat of House Baratheon who rule the Stormlands.

Dragonstone used to be the seat of the heir to the throne located on the Blackwater. One of the reasons Stannis was always upset with Robert was because he took Storm's End from him, the family seat, and gave him Dragonstone while giving Renly Storm's End instead. Robert said this was to "honor" him since he was the heir at the time as he hadn't had any children with Cercei, but he never corrected the situation after Cercei gave "him" children.

My bad. I got the name Storm's End confused with the Stormlands.

munchie64

I don't have a link but it was basically:

-Doran actually knew Ellaria was about to kill Myrcella and let it happen because he has a plan
-Bronn loves the bad pussy so much that he's betraying Jaime
-Jaime is on a ship full of Martells and is now a prisoner without knowing it
-Trystane is on his way to Meereen to offer Dany the man who killed her father as a gift in order to win her hand
-When they get to Meereen they only find Tyrion there, oops (too bad the show left his relationship with Jaime on such a good note)
-Trystane is impatient waiting for Dany to return so he decides to release the dragons himself and gets Quentyn'd.

It would be fun but I doubt it'll happen.

He did and said no such thing. He only cancelled 2 appearances.
That would be incredible. No way it's happening.

hoos30

Thank you for this. It's what I've been telling people myself, and they can't fathom it still.
If people would or could let go of the comparison to Book Stannis, Show Stannis would get the props he deserves as one of the greatest characters we have ever seen on TV.

NeoGiff

This has nothing to do with GoT, but after looking back on the old threads, I'm sure Cornballer will forgive me this one transgression.

I just finished watching Justified season 2 and maaaah dear lord if it isn't one of the greatest seasons of TV I've ever seen. I can't recommend this show enough, and from what I understand, the quality is quite consistent throughout.

My only regret is that I never got to discuss it with GAF as it aired. I'll probably write a LTTP when I've finished the whole thing, but for now GODDAMN, WATCH JUSTIFIED!

This has nothing to do with GoT, but after looking back on the old threads, I'm sure Cornballer will forgive me this one transgression.

I just finished watching Justified season 2 and maaaah dear lord if it isn't one of the greatest seasons of TV I've ever seen. I can't recommend this show enough, and from what I understand, the quality is quite consistent throughout.

My only regret is that I never got to discuss it with GAF as it aired. I'll probably write a LTTP when I've finished the whole thing, but for now GODDAMN, WATCH JUSTIFIED!

you'll never leave Harlaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive

Iksenpets

Banned
If people would or could let go of the comparison to Book Stannis, Show Stannis would get the props he deserves as one of the greatest characters we have ever seen on TV.

As someone who really likes book Stannis and greatly prefers him to the show version, I begrudgingly admit that this is probably true.

Can Trystane's actor pull that series of events off? He was quite boring the 5 lines he had all season.

For how awful the Dornish story was and how bad the writing was, I think the casting was pretty on point for all those characters, and if they have non-stupid roles for any of them in future seasons, I think they could all pull them off, Trystane included.

NeoGiff

you'll never leave Harlaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive

EZFDD1g.gif

Can't get it out of my head.

NeoGiff

As someone who really likes book Stannis and greatly prefers him to the show version, I begrudgingly admit that this is probably true.

I had never considered this, but holy shit. Al Swearengen will always be my #1 though.

duckroll

Karl Tanner is a shit plot device.

"You should shut your fucking hole, ugly little cunt. You look like a fucking ballsack. Ugly looking stupid cunt-face. I could piss in any gutter and sow five of you. You know how much they paid me to kill a man in King's Landing? Seven silvers. They told me a man's name and that man never saw daylight again. None of them cocksuckers got away from me."

"I was a fucking legend in Gin's Alley. A fucking legend! I would take any knight - any knight - any time! Fucking cunts in steel plate. Fucking cowards."

Never forget. Quality writing for a quality show. ^_^

Euron

"You should shut your fucking hole, ugly little cunt. You look like a fucking ballsack. Ugly looking stupid cunt-face. I could piss in any gutter and sow five of you. You know how much they paid me to kill a man in King's Landing? Seven silvers. They told me a man's name and that man never saw daylight again. None of them cocksuckers got away from me."

"I was a fucking legend in Gin's Alley. A fucking legend! I would take any knight - any knight - any time! Fucking cunts in steel plate. Fucking cowards."

Never forget. Quality writing for a quality show. ^_^
You want good writing but you need the bad pussy.

Am I doing it right?

Speevy

Banned
I could piss in any gutter and sow five of you is a pretty funny line. I don't know if I'd call it good writing, but it fit the character.

Iksenpets

Banned
Slight concern based on the most recent batch of casting stuff:
So they're casting apparently for Northern lords and for the Brotherhood, but both parts are apparently only getting two episodes. Kind of worried that whatever they're doing there is going to be really rushed.

Speevy

Banned
So they're casting apparently for Northern lords and for the Brotherhood, but both parts are apparently only getting two episodes. Kind of worried that whatever they're doing there is going to be really rushed.

If it involves Ramsay Bolton's head getting punted over the wall of Winterfell, they can do it in one.

Kain

-Doran actually knew Ellaria was about to kill Myrcella and let it happen because he has a plan
-Trystane is on his way to Meereen to offer Dany the man who killed her father as a gift in order to win her hand
-When they get to Meereen they only find Tyrion there, oops (too bad the show left his relationship with Jaime on such a good note)
-Trystane is impatient waiting for Dany to return so he decides to release the dragons himself and gets Quentyn'd.

That would actually be really cool if Trystane turns out to be a two-sided bastard and were plotting this since the beginning, also Jaime and Tyrion again would be great, and they would resolve the Dragontamer plot too. No way they are doing this for the show, D&D are not that smart.

carlsojo

That would be pretty cool. Except Bronn betraying Jaime.

Speevy

Banned
I wish they'd bring back Jaime's sense of humor. I know he still makes jokes, but it feels like he's too serious since he got back to KL.

Speevy

Banned
I'm glad I didn't take part in your bets. I'm on team Olly dies in the first three episodes of season 6.

I'll wear any avatar you want for the whole season if I'm wrong.

phaonaut

Cool ideas, but why kill her when they can just keep her as a hostage or give her as a gift to Dany (the gift idea is much better, Dany would have a hostage to use against Cersei if she is still ruling). That doesn't stop Trystane from going to mereen.

Speevy

Banned
For all that cool stuff to happen, they'd have to transform Tobey Sebastian into a competent actor in a few months time.

Ratrat

I eagerly await your explanations.
1. is true enough
2. trivial as one is a child and the other a young woman who at least survived incredible circumstances.
3. So same as Stannis and all the other kings.
4. Dany listens all the time and makes decisions based on that. Joffrey hasn't even ruled or sat in a meeting.
5. Terrible and inconsistent show moment for Dany there...
6. Eh? What is this referring to? Joffrey rarely interacts with his siblings and Khal Drogo killed Viserys.
7. Sure. A lot of people do.
8. Disagree. Dany adopts the Dothraki readily and bears her breasts for no reason. She allows Hizdar so Boring to make cases and listens to them 100x before telling him to go away.
9. The Hound left becomes he was afraid of fire and Jorah left for being a pervy informer.
10. Who the hell was Danys uncle? Her dad? lol
11. By this standard no one does.
12. I don't want to imagine what Joffrey would have done in her position.

NSESN

1. is true enough
2. trivial as one is a child and the other a young woman who at least survived incredible circumstances.
3. So same as Stannis and all the other kings.
4. Dany listens all the time and makes decisions based on that. Joffrey hasn't even ruled or sat in a meeting.
5. Terrible and inconsistent show moment for Dany there...
6. Eh? What is this referring to? Joffrey rarely interacts with his siblings and Khal Drogo killed Viserys.
7. Sure. A lot of people do.
8. Disagree. Dany adopts the Dothraki readily and bears her breasts for no reason. She allows Hizdar so Boring to make cases and listens to them 100x before telling him to go away.
9. The Hound left becomes he was afraid of fire and Jorah left for being a pervy informer.
10. Who the hell was Danys uncle? Her dad? lol
11. By this standard no one does.
12. I don't want to imagine what Joffrey would have done in her position.

Aemon is Dany's uncle

bengraven

You want good writing but you need the bad pussy.

Am I doing it right?

This is how you properly meme-ize that line. 9/10.

I had never considered this, but holy shit. Al Swearengen will always be my #1 though.

I knew there was a reason I liked you.

Justified has long been on my "to do" list. From my love of westerns to my love of Timothy Olyphaunt to my growing respect for Elmore Leonard. Plus, everyone talking about how fantastic the show is. I'll have to dig in when I'm done with the other three or four shows on my immediate backlist.

This makes far too much sense to actually happen.

SteveWD40

See, these make some sense, why bother showing Bronn and Tyene interacting at all? (although I only think he would betray anyone for money / status).

Jamie just heading back to KL with a dead girl doesn't really fit either, he has spent too long moping about waiting for Cersei to give him the time of day.

I'm fairly certain he cancelled all of his appearances this year and next to work on his various projects.

He cancelled two appointments this year, which means he has no events in September, October, November, or December 2015. His first 2016 event is in late February.
http://www.georgerrmartin.com/appearances/

Basically he'd have to be almost completely finished writing by late December/January to meet an April release date. I'm more apt to believe that he'll get it out in June or July...

Jarmel

Banned
Got around to watching the episode. Bad Pussy lived up to the hype.

Jon's scene was rough as fuck. It was also more idiotic compared to the books in that there were tons of Crows watching people getting iced by the White Walkers/Wights. Oh well.

Kain

I think I'll keep the avatar for a while, I've begun to tolerate the little fucker. Maybe that's why Jon kept him around EVEN THOUGH HE FUCKING KILLED YGRITTE

#D&DHACKS

#TEAMSTANNIS

#NOONEUNDERSTANDS

kirblar

Makes sense, they'll have to catch whatever they need out of the Riverlands up, but it's not a main focus of the show.

I doubt that Bronn will betray Jaime.

On a separate note,

Anyone think were getting a Tower of Joy scene with Ned, Arthur Dayne, and Howland Reed? Through one of Bran's visions or will they start the season off with this scene? Like they did for Cersei in S5.

SpaceHorror

I doubt that Bronn will betray Jaime.

On a separate note,

Anyone think were getting a Tower of Joy scene with Ned, Arthur Dayne, and Howland Reed? Through one of Bran's visions or will they start the season off with this scene? Like they did for Cersei in S5.

Start the season with it, end it on promise me ned, cut to Jon's body wherever it is.

Apt101

I like that he's unafraid to pair business-casual loafers with black jeans. He means business, but also not afraid to let his hair down.

SpaceHorror

I will not indulge this, even as a joke. No amount of bad pussy could ever trump the raw cringe that NeoGiff inflicted on me just now with that photo. None. I'm dying of cringe. Collapsing into myself, into a singularity of cringe.

Hahaha. You're right.

Thinking back on all the shit Linda has said and then seeing that photo, even though I'm joking, you're right.

Speevy

Banned
I wonder how Elio and Linda will feel when D and D celebrating the successful end of the show with GRRM at a great party that they weren't invited to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom