• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bengraven

FUCK YOU FACEBOOK

FUCK YOU INDEPENDANT

OF6v3W6.png

Upcoming Game of Thrones director Jack Bender’s recent Reddit AMA has raised further questions about just how complete George RR Martin’s latest book The Winds of Winter really is.

Asked by one user is he was “able to read an advance copy of Book 6 of Game of Thrones to prepare for directing next season’s episodes?” Bender, under the alias MrJackBender, replied: “Yes”.

The response has sent the Game of Thrones rumour mill into overdrive, with many interpreting Bender’s reply as proof that George RR Martin has indeed finally finished his long anticipated sixth book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series.

But, according to fan site Watchers on The Wall, Bender’s comments have been interpreted incorrectly and the director was allegedly referring to the season six outline instead.

A source told the site: “Bender hasn’t seen an advanced copy/draft of The Winds of Winter, and must have confused it with the season 6 outline when answering the question.”

Fuck you for getting my hopes up with your bullshit clickbait.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Guys, always assume that TWoW is not finished. That it will never be finished. For hope is the real killer.
I won't believe anything until I get a tweet from https://twitter.com/istwowoutyet saying it's out.

What's the story behind the "I Suck" avatars?
We had an avatar bet about whether or not Olly would stab Jon and the losers are wearing those avatars because they (and Olly) suck and trusted that D&D aren't hacks.

Euron

FUCK YOU FACEBOOK

FUCK YOU INDEPENDANT

OF6v3W6.png

Fuck you for getting my hopes up with your bullshit clickbait.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

635644485070608600-1774531105_gots5.gif

scream.gif

133011_story__jon-snow-crying-1429801326.gif

YOU DON'T FUCKING SAY THAT FUCK OFF INDEPENDENT

Plot twist: Hugh Dancy gets the role of Euron

What's the story behind the "I Suck" avatars?
We had a bet as to whether or not Olly would take part in Jon's stabbing. Olly took part in it so anyone who said he wouldn't has to wear the mark of shame.

kswiston

Guys, always assume that TWoW is not finished. That it will never be finished. For hope is the real killer.

No, we are getting too close to the acceptance portion of the grieving process. I want book 6 to come out so that we can start the multi-year complaining about the absence of book 7.

bengraven

You know what's really painful?

We beg, we starve, we thirst, we wait so patiently, we feel like we're about to go mad, ages go by, people die and are born and die, then it's announced and then it's out and we read it and sigh...

and then the wait for book 7 begins.

Geist-

FUCK YOU FACEBOOK

FUCK YOU INDEPENDANT

http://i.imgur.com/OF6v3W6.png[IMG]

Fuck you for getting my hopes up with your bullshit clickbait.[/QUOTE]

I'm so jaded now. Not even a stirring of hope in my chest, I just automatically assumed it was false. :-(

Has Mads ever done an accent that would fit for this character?

Euron has spent years travelling so they could easily concoct some flimsy throaway line about how he spent X years in X location to explain his accent. Not that most people would care in the first place.

GRRM:
So you may see some extremely shocking things in the show that come up in the next season or two, but I'm not sure you could consider them spoilers, because they're never gonna happen in the books. They can't happen in the books, because the show and the books have gone down different roads.

I think this probably has more to do with deaths of minor characters and stuff like that. I find it hard to believe that they would kill off a major character or do something major(like maybe the wall falling down for example) without it happening in the books. It might happen a bit differently or at a different time but it will still happen in the book.

GRRM:
So you may see some extremely shocking things in the show that come up in the next season or two, but I'm not sure you could consider them spoilers, because they're never gonna happen in the books. They can't happen in the books, because the show and the books have gone down different roads.

I think this probably has more to do with deaths of minor characters and stuff like that. I find it hard to believe that they would kill off a major character or do something major(like maybe the wall falling down for example) without it happening in the books. It might happen a bit differently or at a different time but it will still happen in the book.

edit: NM. My post was well trod ground that doesn't need to be covered again. Sorry!

Brakke

Banned
*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 - Nevermind. My post was well trod ground that doesn't need to be covered again.

Euron

We need a new avatar bet going.

I believe too
If this fails (which it will) then let's get the Season 6 spoiler bets ready. Maybe an avatar bet in regards to a Stark death? I'm talking about another permanent Stark death. Bran losing his body and becoming one with the trees doesn't count.

Losing team has to wear an avatar of Ser Pounce that says "needs the bad pussy" on it.

Moff

GRRM:

the most interesting part of this interview is at the very end where GRRM says he doesnt only get vast sums of money from HBO for GOT but even more vast sums of money for creating new ideas for more shows. was that known before?

NeoGiff

In all honesty, I completely missed what happened. What's going on? Does it have something to do with the Q&A in Sweden?

Euron

Pretty sure Theon is dying to rez Jon on the show, while it'll be Shireen in the books.
Or maybe Melisandre will just pass her life onto Jon like Berric and Stoneheart in the books. The showrunners love Theon so I think he'll be around for awhile longer. But it will absolutely be Shireen in the books.

the most interesting part of this interview is at the very end where GRRM says he doesnt only get vast sums of money from HBO for GOT but even more vast sums of money for creating new ideas for more shows. was that known before?
Yeah he signed an overall with HBO a couple of years ago to develop shows. He recently said he's developing three right now for HBO/Cinemax.

GRRM:

Wouldn't surprise me if some major things changed. I mean......they already have.And we can't really be disappointed about those changes since we don't know the endgame. Maybe all the fan theories are wrong by the time the next book comes out? Maybe he's gotten new ideas from working on the show and has started writing things different?

It's exciting. But he needs to get finished with the damn series already.

GRRM:

I think the problem is the books haven't actually been written yet, so whatever he was planning to do he can always end up changing his mind.

bengraven

GRRM:

zpjcD.gif

I think he just confirmed that Winds isn't going to be out before Season 6. I read that. Can't YOU read that, where I read that?

WINTER IS NEVER COMING

NEVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom