• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iksenpets

Banned
Oysters, clams, or cockles?

Which cast member has the baddest pussy?

Oh god please don't ask these I just got secondhand embarrassment just typing them up but someone had to.

NeoGiff

It's actually a deleted line from Sansa's opening chapter in TWOW. She leans over to Harry the Heir and whispers "You want a good girl..." seductively in his ear. Then Cat of the Canals slinks out from between her legs, and Harry replies, "I need that bad pussy."

Smash cut to Littlefinger furiously whacking one out in the corner.

bengraven

It's actually a deleted line from Sansa's opening chapter in TWOW. She leans over to Harry the Heir and whispers "You want a good girl..." seductively in his ear. Then Cat of the Canals slinks out from between her legs, and Harry replies, "I need that bad pussy."

Smash cut to Littlefinger furiously whacking one out in the corner.

"I'm not going to kill them", Littlefinger whispers, "I'm going to FUCK them..."

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It's right out of AFfC. They just gave it to Tyene instead.

Sam found himself kissing her back. I said the words, he thought, but her hands were tugging at his blacks, pulling at the laces of his breeches. He broke off the kiss long enough to say, "We can't," but Gilly said, "We can," and covered his mouth with her own again. The Cinnamon Wind was spinning all around them and he could taste the rum on Gilly's tongue and the next thing her breasts were bare and he was touching them. I said the words, Sam thought again, but one of her nipples found its way between his lips. It was pink and hard and when he sucked on it her milk filled his mouth, mingling with the taste of rum, and he had never tasted anything so fine and sweet and good. If I do this I am no better than Dareon, Sam thought, but it felt too good to stop. And suddenly his cock was out, jutting upward from his breeches like a fat pink mast. It looked so silly standing there that he might have laughed, but Gilly pushed him back onto her pallet, hiked her skirts up around her thighs, and lowered herself onto him with a little whimpery sound. That was even better than her nipples. She's so wet, he thought, gasping. I never knew a woman could get so wet down there. "I am your wife now and my bad pussy is yours" she whispered, sliding up and down on him. And Sam groaned and thought, No, no, you can't be, I said the words, I said the words, but the only word he said was, "Yes."

Brakke

Banned
I was going to laugh at what a good impersonation that was but then.

goddamnit GRR. that fucken nipple obsession, man. those rum-y, milky nips.

Gnome

I listened to a podcast where they actually said they liked the "Bad Pussy" line. Not sure I want to continue listening to that podcast.

Ratrat

Okay, I know most of you don't like him, but this latest Preston Jacobs video is hilarious.

Why did Doran Martell say he wanted Tywin to witness his world burn if he and Oberyn planned his death?:
He had Qyburn put Tywins soul into Ser Gregor of course.
That makes total sense.

http://youtu.be/5mlzPmm71Sc

eot

Banned
Okay, I know most of you don't like him, but this latest Preston Jacobs video is hilarious.

Why did Doran Martell say he wanted Tywin to witness his world burn if he and Oberyn planned his death?:
He had Qyburn put Tywins soul into Ser Gregor of course.
That makes total sense.

http://youtu.be/5mlzPmm71Sc

I'm excited for TWoW just so all his theories can be proven false. It's like he's read an entirely different set of books, co-authored by M. Night Shyamalan.

Also, I can't tell if that AFfC quote has bad fan fiction mixed in, but I'm guessing it doesn't. That's worse than I remember.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Please no Sansa and Hound. That's just weird.
I for one actually thought it would happen after I finished watching Season 2...I thought it would make sense given that The Hound is not the knight she wanted, but one she needed. Plus their name would be SanSan! There's a ton of fan art surrounding it.

wait...lol.

So they've really seen nothing of TWOW?

Martin has given D&D a general outline of where he's going in the series, but that's it. Whether he wrote that outline down or simply just told them...who knows. Regardless they know what he plans to do in the novel. Obviously the show is going in such a different direction that I'd imagine a lot of things won't be done the same/at all. But I'd expect most of the major characters to be in the same place/situation by the end.

Last week there was a report that one of the S6 directors said he has read a manuscript of TWOW. It seemed pretty obvious the news was poorly reported but some other sites ran with it. Now Elio is just setting the record straight.

Martin has given D&D a general outline of where he's going in the series, but that's it. Whether he wrote that outline down or simply just told them...who knows. Regardless they know what he plans to do in the novel. Obviously the show is going in such a different direction that I'd imagine a lot of things won't be done the same/at all. But I'd expect most of the major characters to be in the same place/situation by the end.

Last week there was a report that one of the S6 directors said he has read a manuscript of TWOW. It seemed pretty obvious the news was poorly reported but some other sites ran with it. Now Elio is just setting the record straight.

Yeah, I mean, I was being facetious in my reply, but I really did think they'd seen unfinished manuscripts of key TWOW chapters. Guess not. S6 is gonna be trip.

NeoGiff

I don't really see how it seems obvious that him seeing the TWOW sample was "poorly reported". I mean... he outright said in an AMA that he had seen it. On the surface, what's so unbelievable about that?

And whoop-de-doo, here's another instance of Elio and Kinda benefitting from the show. I wonder if this will make them go back on their word and watch season 6, this time complaining that an adaptation of THEIR work has been ruined beyond repair.

Moff

I don't understand elio's comment. how is the world of ice and fire a draft manuscript of TWOW?

and I find it very hard to believe that GRRM didn't tell D&D everything he knew what would happen. I doubt he wants them to make up everything on their own.

Dysun

A rough outline of the end game and a manuscript are vastly different things. Prepare for a train wreck, they've already dropped the ball without exact story beats to follow and I see that being ratcheted up to an absurd level in the last 2 seasons

Moff

A rough outline of the end game and a manuscript are vastly different things.
absolutely, and I find that hard to believe.
that would mean GRRM would not want any piece of dialogue he wrote himself to be in the show? a medium that reaches a much bigger audience. why would he want that?

Real Hero

A rough outline of the end game and a manuscript are vastly different things. Prepare for a train wreck, they've already dropped the ball without exact story beats to follow and I see that being ratcheted up to an absurd level in the last 2 seasons

This season on Game of Thrones the Sand Snakes get sexy....with each other?? Tune in at 9 to find out

Dysun

that would mean GRRM would not want any piece of dialogue he wrote himself to be in the show? a medium that reaches a much bigger audience. why would he want that?

Probably because its nowhere near complete and they started drawing up plans for Season 6 months ago

I could be completely wrong here (I'm not a writer), but if I was GRRM, I'd prefer larger character beats be spoiled in the show vs. specific lines of dialog. If he's got lines with the heft of "The north remembers, and the mummer’s farce is almost done. My son is home." on tap, I'd much prefer reading it vs. hearing it on the show (and I'd wager GRRM wants to hang on to it).

Moff

I could be completely wrong here (I'm not a writer), but if I was GRRM, I'd prefer larger character beats be spoiled in the show vs. specific lines of dialog.

that sounds as if GRRM is working against the show. I can't imagine he wouldn't want to see as much as possible of his own work on the show. after all that's what most people will remember.

that sounds as if GRRM is working against the show. I can't imagine he wouldn't want to see as much as possible of his own work on the show. after all that's what most people will remember.

Yeah, I mean I could be completely wrong, but I just figured that either specific dialog hasn't been completed, or maybe GRRM really is reluctant to share (especially so much of it would be shared without full context). Who knows!

Iksenpets

Banned
Guys, you're ignoring the obvious conclusion that D&D have seen all the manuscripts, and there have just been no new manuscript pages written since TWoIaF came out.

This new GoT toy set is so sick.

mcfarlane-set-got-throne-room.jpg

http://watchersonthewall.com/hbo-reveals-new-line-of-thrones-toys/

Guys, you're ignoring the obvious conclusion that D&D have seen all the manuscripts, and there have just been no new manuscript pages written since TWoIaF came out.
Exactly.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
http://grrm.livejournal.com/431091.html
Much to my surprise, my editor Anne Groell sent me an email while I was over in Europe (Germany, Sweden, Aland) to let me know that the mass market paperback of A GAME OF THRONES had hit number one on the NEW YORK TIMES bestseller list for the week of July 5.

The July 5 list shows:

New York Times Bestseller List
July 5th, 2015

Trade Paperback Fiction
11. A GAME OF THRONES

Mass Market Fiction
1. A GAME OF THRONES
10. A DANCE WITH DRAGONS
11. A CLASH OF KINGS
17. A STORM OF SWORDS

Advice, How-To and Miscellaneous
13. THE WORLD OF ICE AND FIRE

E-book Fiction
19. A GAME OF THRONES: FIVE-BOOK SET

Combined Fiction
14. A GAME OF THRONES

All great, of course, but I have to confess, that return to #1 especially tickles.

Pretty damn good for a book first published in 1996.

(It is the return to the show to the airwaves that's responsible, of course, so thanks to HBO and David and Dan and Bryan and our amazing cast and directors... and also to Anne, and all the great folks at Bantam Spectra, who have kept all of the books in print and available for lo these long years. Long may we reign).

Brakke

Banned
"return to the show to the airwaves"

George pls. The Whole Thing with HBO is that it's on cable. Shit ain't broadcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom