• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bengraven

Note sure if we'll get a video. Didn't Watchers wet all have rumors and leaks before the last one? Maybe security is better but maybe not.

Either way I want to watch it unspoiled.

Iksenpets

Banned
The only rumors before the casting video were the character lists, same as we got this year. And I think there was a rumor for one of the Sand Snake castings because of some Twitter shenanigans or something, but that's not going to happen every time.

Moff

I'd bet a lot that it will be the opening scene of season 6, just like the cersei flashback
and it would make sense because it's about jon, and I guess the following scene we will see what will happens to jon after he was stabbed

gutshot

CJlAQBkUYAAmvsB.png:large

Conleth Hill, y'all!

gutshot

The guy who directed the Red Wedding says showing Stannis's death on screen would be too "gratuitous"? Yeah, not buying it.

Iksenpets

Banned
Makes me wonder if the Pink Letter is actually truthful in the books. Though I'm sure that even if the Boltons do defeat Stannis in the books, GRRM will have it make sense at least.

I'm open to the idea that Stannis ultimately fails against the Boltons in the books, even if I don't think it's likely, but I can't envision the letter being truthful on that point, just because we know some Shireen sacrifice plot is coming eventually, and Stannis really has to be alive to either do it himself or to react to Selyse/Mel doing it behind his back, or else that plot point would be kind of devoid of meaning.

I'm open to the idea that Stannis ultimately fails against the Boltons in the books, even if I don't think it's likely, but I can't envision the letter being truthful on that point, just because we know some Shireen sacrifice plot is coming eventually, and Stannis really has to be alive to either do it himself or to react to Selyse/Mel doing it behind his back, or else that plot point would be kind of devoid of meaning.
I (now) think the Pink Letter is probably the truth. Didn't GRRM cut the Battle of Winterfell from ADWD? He couldn't avoid revealing Stannis' death in the letter, because Jon might not have broken his vows if he thought Stannis was going to take the castle. There are a few moments like that sprinkled throughout AFFC and ADWD, which is why a combined read works better.

Seems like a somewhat dull panel so far judging from the quotes and whatnot. I'm headed out for a while, so someone else should post the casting vid if there is one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom