• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This page alone.

z9pT0z4.jpg

You want a good show, but what you get is bad pussy.

Speevy

Banned
It's 22 years from now and George R.R. Martin lies on his hospital death bed. A young woman enters the room.

"I'm your biggest fan," said the young woman. "My mother told me about the show and I can't get enough of it. I am named after one of the biggest characters."

George's eyes welled up with tears. "That's remarkable. Let me guess. "Is your name Arya?", he asked.

"Nope, guess again," said the young woman.

George scratched his head. "Oh, I know. Your name is Dany!"

"Wrong again, sorry," replied the young woman.

Growing increasingly tired of the little game, George asked the girl plainly "Okay, so what is your name?"

The girl smiled and thought a while. "Well, my mother used to tell me that after she met 20 good men, she wanted to become a good girl. But she still needed a Bad Pussy. So here I am."

George clutched his chest and fell over onto the floor.

Vyer

Thank you for the level headed response. I certainly agree with some of these criticisms.

It was interesting reading both books 4 and 5 while simultaneously watching, what I thought, was mostly a great season of an excellent show.

In my opinion, there were stretches of both both books that were super dull and I thought the consolidation of an almost 2,000 page section of this incredibly complex story was handled (mostly) masterfully.

While I certainly didn't come into this thread wanting a circle-jerk of fandom, I didn't expect it to be such a vacuum of lame ass jokes and vitriol.

Season wasn't as strong as previous ones, imo, but I see what you're saying. keep in mind it's the 'offseason', Emmy noms are out for a season that was mixed, and you've also got some book purist types who are piling on while they got the chance. Hence running jokes like 'bad pussy' into the ground. Not a whole lot else happening for a while.

Ratrat

You see I disagree that the Ramsay change is negative. He's just a really two dimensional bad guy in the book, not really much different from Vargo Hoat. His only purpose is to serve Theon's storyline. I think he's more interesting in the show and I like Iwan Rheon's performance.
No, he's a two dimensional cartoon character in the show. Completely silly and unbelievable. Never mind his legendary fighting skills but they even ruined his motivation by not having him raised by his mother or having him kill his brothers.
As it is I have no idea why show Ramsay is the way he is.

No, he's a two dimensional cartoon character in the show. Completely silly and unbelievable. Never mind his legendary fighting skills but they even ruined his motivation by not having him raised by his mother or having him kill his brothers.

100% agreed.

I think most non-book readers find Ramsay to be a perfectly good villain. Yes, I agree his abilities may have been stretched on the show at this point, but the actor is great and constantly delivers.

Ratrat

I think most non-book readers find Ramsay to be a perfectly good villain. Yes, I agree his abilities may have been stretched on the show at this point, but the actor is great and constantly delivers.
He's an amusing character in a sea of stone faced people sure, but I'm not sure his backstory warrants that sense of humor he has. Either way, I don't even care for book Ramsay. I just disagree that the shows version is less two-dimensional or more compelling.

Euron

I wonder which main characters will get shocking deaths we totally don't see coming.
The only characters that I am sure will make it to Season 7 are Dany, Tyrion, Jon, Bran, and Sam. Varys and Littlefinger are incredibly likely but anything's possible. And I think Jaime has a good chance.

I think they'll kill off Yara like they killed off Barristan. They'll start using a far too underutilized character again and build a lot of potential but they'll kill her off in a stupidly shocking moment and either cut the rest of her plot or give it to somebody else.

I feel that if next season is the second to last, Cersei is almost guaranteed to die. The question is whether or not they'll have Jaime kill her.

Ramsay will die within the first few episodes like Joffrey did. Roose will take a bit longer because it looks like they might be doing some sort of Northern Resistance with people that sound like the Umbers. I would love for them to bring the Freys back.

They might be able to afford to kill Arya off unless her Faceless Man arc comes into play with the White Walkers somehow. It wouldn't happen until episode 10 though.

It's possible that they try something with Theon but given that he's D&D's favorite character I don't think it's likely.

But the biggest "shocking death" that will upset book readers the most next season is Davos. It is definitely happening. With Stannis and Shireen dead and no Manderly it's 100% guaranteed but will still come as a shock.

As for plotlines next season, I'm lost as to what's in store for Tyrion. It just seems like it'll be really boring if it's just him and Varys in Meereen. Maybe the theory about Jaime and Bronn being taken to Meereen is true. I can see Tyrion ruling Meereen for a bit in the books after the battle is over but Victarion will probably be there as the entertainment.

As for plotlines next season, I'm lost as to what's in store for Tyrion. It just seems like it'll be really boring if it's just him and Varys in Meereen. Maybe the theory about Jaime and Bronn being taken to Meereen is true. I can see Tyrion ruling Meereen for a bit in the books after the battle is over but Victarion will probably be there as the entertainment.
Varys showing up in Meereen was a surprise to me in the S5 finale. Makes sense I guess, but I kind of assumed they would try to wrap Meereen stuff up as fast as possible. I guess in that area George's mistakes writing into a corner with Meereen also pins the show into finding a way to write out of that as well.
They still exist!

Euron

Balon: What are our words?

08587562.jpg

House Greyjoy: We Demand to be Taken Seriously

Somebody should photoshop this pic to represent the Book Reader Thread with Cornballer in the front.

Joni

It's 22 years from now and George R.R. Martin lies on his hospital death bed. A young woman enters the room.

"I'm your biggest fan," said the young woman. "My mother told me about the show and I can't get enough of it. I am named after one of the biggest characters."

George's eyes welled up with tears. "That's remarkable. Let me guess. "Is your name Arya?", he asked.

"Nope, guess again," said the young woman.

George scratched his head. "Oh, I know. Your name is Dany!"

"Wrong again, sorry," replied the young woman.

Growing increasingly tired of the little game, George asked the girl plainly "Okay, so what is your name?"

The girl smiled and thought a while. "Well, my mother used to tell me that after she met 20 good men, she wanted to become a good girl. But she still needed a Bad Pussy. So here I am."

George demands that TWOW is never released and fell over onto the floor.
You forgot something.

Speevy

Banned
One marched with 20,000 northmen and never lost a battle.
One inherited his supposed father's throne and ruled with endless cruelty with the backing of the richest, most ruthless family in Westeros.
One was a charismatic leader who had the love and support of a great army and many great houses.
One was considered the greatest general the world had ever seen, having overcome great odds in numerous battles.
One sat in front of a fireplace for 5 years.

Place your bets.

mantidor

As for criticism directed at D&D, I found little to nitpick about. Then again, I saw the show before I read the books so there's that. I noticed that most of the critics of the show read the books long before watching the show.

As a show only watcher I have to say they are terrible, and the only reason I jumped straight into all kind of book spoilers was because I was very disappointed by many plotlines and I wanted to know what was I really missing, and my hunch was correct since everything I've read sounds so much better, or at least much more plausible and well written, than the stuff that happens in the show.

I think the popularity of the show made them change the focus to shock value alone thinking that is the main reason for its success, the first seasons were so good now that I'm rewatching it, it's disappointing what we got in season 5.

DueFiumi

Neo Member
One marched with 20,000 northmen and never lost a battle.
One inherited his supposed father's throne and ruled with endless cruelty with the backing of the richest, most ruthless family in Westeros.
One was a charismatic leader who had the love and support of a great army and many great houses.
One was considered the greatest general the world had ever seen, having overcome great odds in numerous battles.
One sat in front of a fireplace for 5 years.

Place your bets.

Uhhh... The guy who ate 20 bad Oysters Clams and Cockles for lunch obviously??? (am I doing this right?)

NeoGiff

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones Season 6 |OT| - A Feast for Twenty Good Men on some Oyster-smelling Bad Pussy

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones Season 6 |OT| - Girl, girl! Arya deaf? No, I'm blind.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones Season 6 |OT| - Oysters, shame, and pussy

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones Season 6 |OT| - You want a good show, but you need a bad season

That last one... what?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I love how when the thin man yells at Arya he pronounces girl as "gowl"

Turin

Banned
*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones Season 6 |OT| - Bad Pussy and Damphair

Too bad they probably won't get that character in the show.

Euron

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones Season 6 |OT| - Oysters, shame, and pussy

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones Season 6 |OT| - You want a good show, but you need a bad season
It NEEDS to be one of these two.

I guess that was him. I wouldn't expect them to give him any more presence than Bowen Marsh.
They brought back Kevan Lannister after never mentioning his name beforehand so who knows? If Damphair has an important role to play they'll use the priest from Season 2 as him.

I just want showwatchers to experience "No godless man may sit the Seastone Chair" And with the 2016 Election I'd love for the Kingsmoot to happen but it definitely won't in the show.

Speevy

Banned
*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones Season 6 |OT| - If you think this season will be any better, you haven't been paying attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom