• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made by yours truly, though I doubt the interpretation is new, I'm sure there's a variant of this somewhere on the internet.
Despite that, feel free to use mine anywhere you want! :D

Who are these people?

Linda and Elio, the admins of westeros.org, co-authors of World of Ice and Fire and friends of GRRM. Linda also does the Swedish subtitles for GoT.
Both, but especially Linda, is known for her open hatred of the show's interpretation of the books, and has said some fairly, uh, provocative stuff on her twitter and blog towards people that disagree with her views on the show, among other things.

She's considered to be fairly toxic to the SoIaF/GoT community (outside of westeros.org at least), and due to her anger oftentimes the butt of jokes.

Edit: Ninja'd. NeoGiff's linked post is a better explanation.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones Season 6 |OT| - Bad Pussy and Damphair

Too bad they probably won't get that character in the show.

We'll get a new female character in his placed who at some point will say "damp pussy" hell, that could be her name!

Should I send my resume to Dan and Dave?

Jigorath

Banned
*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones Season 6 |OT| - You want a good show, but you need a bad season

perfection.gif~c200

NeoGiff

This is literally perfect.

It NEEDS to be one of these two.

They are both so good!

I like you.

So, this is it then?

Steely and Cornballer, take note! The people have spoken. Winds won't be out by March/April anyway so room can be made for an OT subtitle.

Euron

Winds won't be out by March/April anyway
Or will it...?

When are we doing the bet for that anyway and what exactly are we doing? Will probably be the Olly Bet x10 especially because the outcome isn't blatantly obvious.

I'm being a summer child aren't I?

Or will it...?

When are we doing the bet for that anyway and what exactly are we doing? Will probably be the Olly Bet x10 especially because the outcome isn't blatantly obvious.

I'm being a summer child aren't I?
The outcome's even more blatantly obvious. GRRM was saying that he was behind on writing not two weeks ago, and next Spring was absolute best case scenario.

Don't expect it before the show's done, and you won't be disappointed.

Euron

The outcome's even more blatantly obvious. GRRM was saying that he was behind on writing not two weeks ago, and next Spring was absolute best case scenario.

Don't expect it before the show's done, and you won't be disappointed.
What I meant to say was March/April 2017

Still too early...?

:'(

So, this is it then?

Steely and Cornballer, take note! The people have spoken. Winds won't be out by March/April anyway so room can be made for an OT subtitle.
Of 2018?

In all seriousness, we will still have separate threads regardless of when/if George releases a new book.

Iksenpets

Banned
Of 2018?

In all seriousness, we will still have separate threads regardless of when/if George releases a new book.

Good. We need to protect the show viewers from our nonsense.

And we need some news soon, lest our nonsense grow to destroy us all. Save us, NeoGiff. Save us with hot scoops.

NeoGiff

Good. We need to protect the show viewers from our nonsense.

And we need some news soon, lest our nonsense grow to destroy us all. Save us, NeoGiff. Save us with hot scoops.

I concur, NeoGriff needs to drop some scoops!

Ok. Kit Harington was spotted on the same plane to Belfast as Tom Wlaschiha yesterday. So, not only does Jon come back, but he's also Jaqen/The Kindly Man/The Waif/Syrio Forel/Euron/Benjen/Daario/Mance/Rhaegar.

Patriots7

What's Show Petey up to? He can't actually want to start a war with the Bolton's over the North, in winter? He also can't expect to have the support of the Northern lords as he sold Ned Stark's daughter off to the murderers of Robb.

I'm hoping that his plan to take the Vale knights into the North is at least somewhat interesting due to Bronze Yohn attempting to overthrow him. In the show, Robert is with Royce. Royce would also know that Littlefinger shipped Sansa off to be a PoW of the Bolton's. So he's without his two most valuable pieces.

And in TWOW, it's implied that Royce is selling his grain supply to raise enough money to overthrow Littlefinger

I don't know why I anticipate D&D showing any subtle political maneuvering. #teamollykills

What's Show Petey up to? He can't actually want to start a war with the Bolton's over the North, in winter? He also can't expect to have the support of the Northern lords as he sold Ned Stark's daughter off to the murderers of Robb.

I'm hoping that his plan to take the Vale knights into the North is at least somewhat interesting due to Bronze Yohn attempting to overthrow him. In the show, Robert is with Royce. Royce would also know that Littlefinger shipped Sansa off to be a PoW of the Bolton's. So he's without his two most valuable pieces.

And in TWOW, it's implied that Royce is selling his grain supply to raise enough money to overthrow Littlefinger

I don't know why I anticipate D&D showing any subtle political maneuvering. #teamollykills

I have no idea what are they doing with Littlefinger. By the way, where Theon and Sansa are going now if Stannis is destroyed? To the Wall?

mokeyjoe

As a show only watcher I have to say they are terrible, and the only reason I jumped straight into all kind of book spoilers was because I was very disappointed by many plotlines and I wanted to know what was I really missing, and my hunch was correct since everything I've read sounds so much better, or at least much more plausible and well written, than the stuff that happens in the show.

There's as much goofy stupid stuff in the books, it's just different goofy stuff. I don't think either format has any claim on 'plausibility'. The book is as good a book as the show is a show.

bengraven

Interesting to see Olly is basically confirmed.

I figured attention was going to be taken off the wall, despite the building up to that massive army of the dead massing behind it. But with Sam and Jon gone...who takes up the slack?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

I figured attention was going to be taken off the wall, despite the building up to that massive army of the dead massing behind it. But with Sam and Jon gone...who takes up the slack?

alfred-nevah.gif

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

Mel? Davos?

Iksenpets

Banned

This season, it's all about Edd.

Turin

Banned
I'd be down for some Tormund centric scenes early on. Get to see a bit of Edd's perspective who's certainly still a Jon loyalist.

Of course, Mel and Davos will carry the pre-resurrection stuff.

Euron

I'm still waiting on D&D to get back to me regarding my proposal for It's Always Sunny in Westeros

Join Eddison Tollett, Tyrion Lannister, Victarion Greyjoy, Ser Bronn of the Blackwater, and Ellaria Sand as they go on lots of wacky journeys together throughout the land of Westeros. Winter isn't coming here!

Will be adapted from a five volume series written by GRRM. The bad news is TWOW will be delayed until 2022 but the good news is Elio and Linda will have absolutely no input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom