• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

Has there always been this many leaks before a new season? It seems like everything is leaking...

There have always been lots of leaks. I think it seems like more because we are in almost entirely uncharted territory here. Before it was like "oh, of course, they are filming that now/casting that role." It didn't really register as that noteworthy.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
There hasn't been much to leak in previous seasons other than major alterations/deviations.

There have always been lots of leaks. I think it seems like more because we are in almost entirely uncharted territory here. Before it was like "oh, of course, they are filming that now/casting that role." It didn't really register as that noteworthy.

I see. I guess I just never really payed attention before.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Sounds like they're going hard with flashbacks. Interesting since they once said they would never do flashbacks on the show. (I think?)

Major new spoilers about McShane and more in season 6; Game of Thrones plans a premiere and a battle

Mcshane has scenes with the outlaw group. He's probably septon Meribald.

Another battle in the snow too. Maybe boltons vs northern lords.

Flashback scenes with hodor and his origin seems interesting, we'll probably young ned with him.

So they're including the Tyrell army entering King's Landing. I'm trying to reconcile that with Jaime being sent to the Riverlands. Maybe Jaime is sent out to rally the Lannister army which is still in the field and bring it back to King's Landing. That would be the most logical decision. I suppose it wouldn't be hard for the show to retcon the fact that a Lannister army is already in KL, to increase the drama of the Tyrell arrival.

I've long felt Tommen will die in TWOW, and with the info we have I think he'll die in S6. How it happens without Aegon...I don't know. I think Cersei will die this season as well

If mcshane isn't Tarly then Richard Grant could be. Or maybe Grant could be the Mad King in a flashback. Don't think he's Aeron I feel like we would of heard already if he was.

Iksenpets

Banned
So they're including the Tyrell army entering King's Landing. I'm trying to reconcile that with Jaime being sent to the Riverlands. Maybe Jaime is sent out to rally the Lannister army which is still in the field and bring it back to King's Landing. That would be the most logical decision. I suppose it wouldn't be hard for the show to retcon the fact that a Lannister army is already in KL, to increase the drama of the Tyrell arrival.

I've long felt Tommen will die in TWOW, and with the info we have I think he'll die in S6. How it happens without Aegon...I don't know. I think Cersei will die this season as well

I'm thinking its increasingly likely that there is no Lannisters army in the Riverlands, and Jaime is just going to storm off to find Brienne when he learns about everything that went down with Cersei and Lancel. Maybe they could create some plot where they want to shore up the Frey alliance to counterbalance their reliance on the Tyrells, but I kind of doubt they even bother with that.

As for any potential Tommen death, I always figured the Dornish characters would somehow be tied up in that, and their introduction in the show was building up to that, but there've been no sightings of any of them filming, and the show seemed to drop the idea of the Sand Snakes being sent to KL, so I have no idea where that's going. The guy who plays Hotah said he at least has a small role, and the Sand Snakes I believe were confirmed to be returning to. I feel like someone spotting those characters filming could tell us a lot.

If mcshane isn't Tarly then Richard Grant could be. Or maybe Grant could be the Mad King in a flashback. Don't think he's Aeron I feel like we would of heard already if he was.

Everyone is Howland Reed until confirmed otherwise. Richard Grant is Howland Reed.

Must suck for the Sand Snakes actresses to go from super excited to be on the show to little more than an afterthought/cameo status in S6.

It better not take more than 2 episodes into S6.
Yeah I would hope so as well. I'm all for building tension and really selling that he's "dead" but these are short seasons and even with adding an eighth season I don't want thing feeling any more rushed than they already do. If warging is to play a part in the endgame like I think it will (it has to it's been far too prevelant in the books not to be) they better get on explaining to show people how that all works as well

Edit: just noticed biosnakes post on the last page. I was getting the feeling about this as well. That's actually why I asked the question in the first place. Now I'm torn. It could be great if done well but really how much of his story will we have to skip over now to accommodate them waiting that long

Spanish editor says "TWoW in 2016"

BryndenBFish:

Um, I don't want to abandon my reputation as the hypeslayer, but uh, this is kind of exciting news. Alejo Cuervo is GRRM's Spanish publisher. I've heard rumblings for a while now on TWOW in 2016 (even early 2016), and I've been skeptical on it. I'm not saying that it's definitely going to happen, but it's encouraging. That's all I'll say. It's encouraging!

Edit: Look, I'm saying it's encouraging for GRRM's Spanish publisher to say it instead of say... Christian Post or kdramastarz or other nonsense clickbait sites (We all know this news will be "broken" by them in no-time flat. Wonder if HuffPo can get in on that action too...) There's reason to believe this individual has more knowledge on the topic than most. Is it a guarantee? No! Please do not hold me to that!

Edit to the Edit: My friend Javi Marcos (who writes for Los Sientos Reinos) wrote an article saying (And this is him paraphrasing in English for me over twitter):
Quick translation: Alejo is not GRRM, but he is friend of George and knows him since a long time. He has not seen him a while but Gigamesh translator who also knows GRRM saw him and talked with him Paris in Archiepelacon. And he saw him relaxed, happy, focused on TWOW, they got that he had written a lot in '15 and were optimistic about '16 release
All right guys, passage for one bfish aboard this so-called hype-train please.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

Until a firm date is given, this is my reaction to any supposed dates....

dx8yd1t.gif

Iksenpets

Banned
Must suck for the Sand Snakes actresses to go from super excited to be on the show to little more than an afterthought/cameo status in S6.

I feel really bad for them. They got completely screwed over by the writing, and then their awful fight scene direction just rubbed it in. I'll feel even worse if the show just abandons or sidelines that plot instead of trying to redeem it. There's no way the Sand Snakes were included unless there is some genuinely quality material for them in the future; it would suck to see whatever that is cut or minimized on account of how badly they screwed up their introduction.

Is an editor being optimistic about a 2016 release supposed to be encouraging? Had we already given up on next year? Hah.

I think having the translator confident that he'll have his version out next year bodes well for the English version being at least first half of next year, which at least stirs some hope that he can squeeze it out before season 6. It keeps hope alive so that my eventual disappointment can be maximized!

On the most recent batch of filming photos:
I love that they're going all out with the play thing. That should be a fun bit. I like the look of the Braavosi's shitty Westerosi costumes and their poorly painted replicas of the royal house sigils.

I really wonder how important this theater troupe is, there seems to be a lot of effort put into it for it really just being a backdrop on Arya knocking a name off her list in the book, but the show maybe it's something more?

Troupe leader is apparently being cast for three episodes, so it's definitely something more major than just that one chapter. They also may just need to stretch Arya's Braavosi adventures a bit longer now that they're going 8 seasons, and some mummer training was a good way to do that.

I'm so damn excited to see Bran's visions in this coming season. I want book 6 so bad , but GRRM's snail writing pace is fucking atrocious.

HUGE SPOILERS FROM WOTW ABOUT LATE IN SEASON 6, PROBABLY A TWOW SPOILER TOO READ AT YOUR OWN RISK, SERIOUSLY

http://watchersonthewall.com/game-of-thrones-gets-theatrical-plus-massive-spoilers-for-season-six/#more-44852

Sources report that today Game of Thrones is filming portions of a massive battle in Saintfield, Northern Ireland, that will likely be a part of episode nine. Preparations and the beginning of filming were seen in that area recently, but it was difficult to glean many details. We’ve learned that the battle will involve many northern armies fighting including the Umbers, the Boltons, wildlings and more! The true major spoiler is this: Kit Harington a.k.a Jon Snow was also seen at the location, participating in shooting this week.

HUGE SPOILER FROM WOTW ABOUT LATE IN SEASON 6, PROBABLY A TWOW SPOILER TOO READ AT YOUR OWN RISK, SERIOUSLY

Sources report that today Game of Thrones is filming portions of a massive battle in Saintfield, Northern Ireland, that will likely be a part of episode nine. Preparations and the beginning of filming were seen in that area recently, but it was difficult to glean many details. We’ve learned that the battle will involve many northern armies fighting including the Umbers, the Boltons, wildlings and more! The true major spoiler is this: Kit Harington a.k.a Jon Snow was also seen at the location, participating in shooting this week.

Sweet. I hope so. I want to believe so bad.

Iksenpets

Banned
HUGE SPOILER FROM WOTW ABOUT LATE IN SEASON 6, PROBABLY A TWOW SPOILER TOO READ AT YOUR OWN RISK, SERIOUSLY

So what are the odds that they killed Stannis to give his battle to resurrected Jon? Like, Jon resurrects, then the Pink Letter arrives post-death and Jon takes the Wildlings against the Boltons and the battle plays out just like whatever battle Stannis and the Boltons are about to have in Winds.

Edit:
Well, I guess they're saying this is probably episode 9, so that wouldn't really line up timing wise. Maybe not!

So what are the odds that they killed Stannis to give his battle to resurrected Jon? Like, Jon resurrects, then the Pink Letter arrives post-death and Jon takes the Wildlings against the Boltons and the battle plays out just like whatever battle Stannis and the Boltons are about to have in Winds.

Edit:
Well, I guess they're saying this is probably episode 9, so that wouldn't really line up timing wise. Maybe not!
Do we even know if there's going to be a Bolton vs. Stannis battle in TWoW? AFAIK he might already be dead

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Troupe leader is apparently being cast for three episodes, so it's definitely something more major than just that one chapter. They also may just need to stretch Arya's Braavosi adventures a bit longer now that they're going 8 seasons, and some mummer training was a good way to do that.

I thought I was read that she was going to be blind for at least one or teo episodes, which means another three with the troupe, I assume the rest will be travel back to Westeros and whatever she is going to do there.

About the new battle. I mean if they really stretch out the plot that long...I wonder if other stuff will take over as main source material. They should have decided to do 8 seasons before season 5. I am not sure why they thought only 7 seasons was a good idea...even if they did split it.

Montresor

Hopefully by the end of it all:

-Daenyrus is queen at King's Landing
-Stannis dead
-Cersei dead
-Every single Ironborn dead
-All white-walkers dead
-The Night Watch is abolished
-Jon Snow is confirmed to be of Targaryen descent and joins Daenyrus's Kingsguard
-Jaime Lannister remains as Lord Commander of Daenyrus's Kingsguard
-Areo Hotah joins the Kingsguard
-Wildlings successfully integrated into northern lands, just south of The Wall
-The Boltons and Freys are all slaughtered
-Arya retires from her career as Faceless Man and returns to Winterfell with Sansa, Rickon, and Bran.
-Bran named Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North
-Ghost, Nymeria, Shaggydog, and Summer all still alive and beside their respective Stark

Hopefully by the end of it all:

-Daenyrus is queen at King's Landing
-Stannis dead
-Cersei dead
-Every single Ironborn dead
-All white-walkers dead
-The Night Watch is abolished
-Jon Snow is confirmed to be of Targaryen descent and joins Daenyrus's Kingsguard
-Jaime Lannister remains as Lord Commander of Daenyrus's Kingsguard
-Areo Hotah joins the Kingsguard
-Wildlings successfully integrated into northern lands, just south of The Wall
-The Boltons and Freys are all slaughtered
-Arya retires from her career as Faceless Man and returns to Winterfell with Sansa, Rickon, and Bran.
-Bran named Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North
-Ghost, Nymeria, Shaggydog, and Summer all still alive and beside their respective Stark

Way too happy.

NSESN

I would hate if Dany ends being the Queen, i like the idea that she is going to stay in easteros forever more.

EDIT:I mean Essos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom