• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantidor

No no no.

I don't mind if Dany goes mad, goes evil, becomes westeros queen, or even if she dies, I just want her out of Essos with her dragons, like right now.

Ikael

- Daenerys gets out from Essos
- Disembarks on Westeros along with an Ironborn fleet and a Dothraki horde
- She's rightfully deemed as a psycopath and and evil tyrant by the people of Westeros, North Queen (Sansa) VS South Queen (Daenerys) civil war ensues
- White Walkers pours from the North, Daenerys sets differences asides and renounces to sit in the Iron Throne in order to aid her former enemies
- She stops the White Walker invasion, but she dies in the process. Ends up being remembered as a mad Queen by history anyway, as it is written by the victors (her still alive enemies)

THE END

Has anyone seen these strange Spanish-language spoilers just posted on the ASOIAF subreddit?

S6 (apparent) spoilers having to do with Jaimie:

Hannah Murray and John Bradley (Gilly and Sam) have been seen in Girona. No big deal.

We know who's the rider who is going to climb the stairs of the cathedral. Jaime Lannister, who is going to try to sieze the Great Sept of Baelor with Tyrell soldiers in order to free Margaery. The High Sparrow surrenders easily and the Queen is released because she has become a devout woman, an instrument of the Faith. This shocking scene is not from the season's finale.

Source (in Spanish)

Euron

I still stand by my prediction that the last scene in the series aside from a possible epilogue narrated by Bran will be Varys and Littlefinger bleeding out together in front of the destroyed Iron Throne.

Has anyone seen these strange Spanish-language spoilers just posted on the ASOIAF subreddit?

Hannah Murray and John Bradley (Gilly and Sam) have been seen in Girona. No big deal.

We know who's the rider who is going to climb the stairs of the cathedral. Jaime Lannister, who is going to try to sieze the Great Sept of Baelor with Tyrell soldiers in order to free Margaery. The High Sparrow surrenders easily and the Queen is released because she has become a devout woman, an instrument of the Faith. This shocking scene is not from the season's finale.

Source (in Spanish)

WoTW is backing up this info so it's most likely legit. And supposedly this is before he heads to the Riverlands. Very interesting.

Montresor

Source (in Spanish)

At the Jaime spoilers... HNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG please let that happen.

Iksenpets

Banned
WoTW is backing up this info so it's most likely legit. And supposedly this is before he heads to the Riverlands. Very interesting.

Having Jaime free Marg is probably a good way to get him involved in with helping Kevan fix Cersei's mess, and could be what sets things up for Kevan sending him to handle the situation in the Riverlands.

Also, Dany as queen at the end is just too predictable for me. I want all of the major cast to have their role in saving the kingdom from the White Walkers, but I don't really want to see any of them ruling at the end.

Do we even know if there's going to be a Bolton vs. Stannis battle in TWoW? AFAIK he might already be dead
He's still alive in twow and is poised to defeat the initial Frey attack. Remember the Manderlys are riding with the Freys, and Wyman makes it quite clear his army will ride behind the Freys. I'm expecting the Manderlys to switch sides and join Stannis after routing the Freys. Whether Stannis can take Winterfell is another issue. Personally I think he will, through some type of trick. Perhaps the Manderlys ride back to Winterfell with Stannis' sword, claiming to have won the battle. And later that night, as Bolton men drink in celebration, some Manderlys open the gates for Stannis.

That news about Jon leading an army is interesting. The Grand Northern Conspiracy just got a buff. It sounds like the Umbers will be Stark loyalists and betray the Boltons. I've long felt Jon wouldn't be involved with northern politics so this is quite interesting. I thought he'd go north after being healed, not south. Nor do I believe he'll come back without some type of personality change. No one comes back whole. Well...but then again he is a warg and thus can save his soul inside another body while his own is healed. Similar to how Varamyr didn't seem to change despite dying so many times. So it's a different situation than what happened with Catelyn.

Iksenpets

Banned
He's still alive in twow and is poised to defeat the initial Frey attack. Remember the Manderlys are riding with the Freys, and Wyman makes it quite clear his army will ride behind the Freys. I'm expecting the Manderlys to switch sides and join Stannis after routing the Freys. Whether Stannis can take Winterfell is another issue. Personally I think he will, through some type of trick. Perhaps the Manderlys ride back to Winterfell with Stannis' sword, claiming to have won the battle. And later that night, as Bolton men drink in celebration, some Manderlys open the gates for Stannis.

That news about Jon leading an army is interesting. The Grand Northern Conspiracy just got a buff. It sounds like the Umbers will be Stark loyalists and betray the Boltons. I've long felt Jon wouldn't be involved with northern politics so this is quite interesting. I thought he'd go north after being healed, not south. Nor do I believe he'll come back without some type of personality change. No one comes back whole. Well...but then again he is a warg and thus can save his soul inside another body while his own is healed. Similar to how Varamyr didn't seem to change despite dying so many times. So it's a different situation than what happened with Catelyn.

One thing that's surprised me about I'm reacting to these season 6 leaks is how skeptical I am of any of them corresponding with actual book spoilers. Jon definitely could end up taking on a role in Northern politics, as per some of the GNC theories, but at the same time I can't really shake the feeling that they would rewrite things to make Jon take a central role in the Northern scheming, even if that's contradictory to his actual arc, because they find that more exciting. Like, obviously some group of Northerners will take down the Boltons at some point or another, but whereas GRRM would be pretty comfortable allowing relatively minor characters to be the ones to achieve that victory, D&D would probably take whatever plot steps are necessary to get a main protagonist centrally involved.

Same with something like Theon apparently being at the Kingsmoot. I'm sure Theon gets back to the Iron Islands eventually, but they're willing to manipulate whatever they have to in order to make sure he's there for all major events.

Having Jaime free Marg is probably a good way to get him involved in with helping Kevan fix Cersei's mess, and could be what sets things up for Kevan sending him to handle the situation in the Riverlands.

Also, Dany as queen at the end is just too predictable for me. I want all of the major cast to have their role in saving the kingdom from the White Walkers, but I don't really want to see any of them ruling at the end.

I would love to see Kevan kind of lay down the law with Jaime when he gets back to Kings Landing

NeoGiff

Pilou Asbæk's muttonchopped Euron look is so far from what I ever expected from the character that I'm really excited to see how he plays him.

Iksenpets

Banned
Pilou Asbæk's muttonchopped Euron look is so far from what I ever expected from the character that I'm really excited to see how he plays him.

He already looks so different from book Euron, I can't believe they're doing mutton chops on top of that. He looks like a Victorian-era police constable or something. Certainly not a Viking. But yeah, I'm kind of excited to see where they go with this. I kind of wonder if they're giving him a quirkier look because they plan to lean more into the "crazy" aspects of that character.

Iksenpets

Banned
leasextell me Margery isn't going to become a religious nut job... She is one of the few nice charecters on the show

I really doubt her conversion would be sincere. It seems like a sort of expansion of the behavior she already has in the books, where she makes sure to always put on a show of her piety, praying to the maiden in the sept and all of that. That said, if the Sparrows are the only avenue to power, she'll totally throw in with the Sparrows, just like she was perfectly willing to tolerate all of Joffrey's shit for the sake of being the queen.

One thing that's surprised me about I'm reacting to these season 6 leaks is how skeptical I am of any of them corresponding with actual book spoilers. Jon definitely could end up taking on a role in Northern politics, as per some of the GNC theories, but at the same time I can't really shake the feeling that they would rewrite things to make Jon take a central role in the Northern scheming, even if that's contradictory to his actual arc, because they find that more exciting. Like, obviously some group of Northerners will take down the Boltons at some point or another, but whereas GRRM would be pretty comfortable allowing relatively minor characters to be the ones to achieve that victory, D&D would probably take whatever plot steps are necessary to get a main protagonist centrally involved.

Same with something like Theon apparently being at the Kingsmoot. I'm sure Theon gets back to the Iron Islands eventually, but they're willing to manipulate whatever they have to in order to make sure he's there for all major events.

That's actually a good point. Stannis might serve that role in the book. Wins back Winterfell, Rickon shows up, etc. It seems like no matter what everything is going to lead back to the Wall. So whether Jon stays at the Wall or temporarily leaves and comes back with an army...ultimately the show will get to the same ending. I'm assuming of course that the Others will show up at the Wall in S6/TWOW. Might even drive the Nights Watch/Northern armies back to Winterfell.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Nor do I believe he'll come back without some type of personality change. No one comes back whole. Well...but then again he is a warg and thus can save his soul inside another body while his own is healed. Similar to how Varamyr didn't seem to change despite dying so many times. So it's a different situation than what happened with Catelyn.

Given how many times I've seen GRRM mention his dislike of Gandalf the White and, in general, revivals where the character comes back the same or improved, I would be really surprised (and disappointed) if he used Jon's warginess as a loophole to keep him "whole".

Iksenpets

Banned
Given how many times I've seen GRRM mention his dislike of Gandalf the White and, in general, revivals where the character comes back the same or improved, I would be really surprised (and disappointed) if he used Jon's warginess as a loophole to keep him "whole".

This is also what has me kind of suspicious of these Jon spoilers matching book events. I really doubt that Jon gets resurrected, wakes up, and just says "Awesome, now where was I with that leading a Wildling army against the Boltons thing? I have to make up for lost time now!"

I really, really love the look of this stupid play. It's all so perfectly poorly done with the costumes and all that.

Moff

the theater troupe will take most of the screentime of the new season, they will reenact the highlights of seasons 1 to 5 while the other heroes get in place for the big episode 9 battle

Snowbowl

COqgVIoWcAA9JsQ.jpg

Iksenpets

Banned
the theater troupe will take most of the screentime of the new season, they will reenact the highlights of seasons 1 to 5 while the other heroes get in place for the big episode 9 battle

The best part will be when the season 6 theater troupe reenacts season 4's dwarf show reenacting the events of season 2.

What is this theatre troupe?

Winds preview chapter:
In Arya's preview chapter from Winds, she's working with a theater troupe in Braavos who are putting on a play about Tyrion and the court in King's Landing. The show seems to be embellishing that into a pretty big set piece.

mantidor

- Daenerys gets out from Essos
- Disembarks on Westeros along with an Ironborn fleet and a Dothraki horde
- She's rightfully deemed as a psycopath and and evil tyrant by the people of Westeros, North Queen (Sansa) VS South Queen (Daenerys) civil war ensues
- White Walkers pours from the North, Daenerys sets differences asides and renounces to sit in the Iron Throne in order to aid her former enemies
- She stops the White Walker invasion, but she dies in the process. Ends up being remembered as a mad Queen by history anyway, as it is written by the victors (her still alive enemies)

THE END

I wouldn't mind this at all.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Like recap arcs in anime? I would watch a season of that...

The "Creative Arts" section of the Emmys were awarded tonight and Game of Thrones took home 8 trophies:
Outstanding Special Visual Effects – “The Dance of Dragons”

Outstanding Makeup For A Single-Camera Series (Non-Prosthetic) – “Mother’s Mercy”

Outstanding Production Design For A Narrative Contemporary Or Fantasy Program (One Hour Or More) – “High Sparrow” – Deborah Riley, Production Designer

Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing For A Drama Series – “The Dance of Dragons”

Outstanding Casting For A Drama Series – Casting Directors Nina Gold, Robert Sterne and Carla Stronge

Outstanding Sound Editing For A Series – “Hardhome”

Outstanding Sound Mixing For A Comedy Or Drama Series (One Hour) – “Hardhome”

Outstanding Stunt Coordination For A Drama Series, Limited Series Or Movie – Rowley Irlam, Stunt Coordinator

Apt101

Bastardbowl 115% confirmed.

So if LSH is definitely not an item for the show, I wonder if they'll actually have Beric Dondarrion do the honors to stay in line with the book - passing the flame and all. I mean, a red priest works just as well but I have a feeling GRRM was really trying to say something about veterans and victims of war and how death and betrayal changed them in the books. If it's Melisandre as her story stands now it will seem like an almost empty gesture. Dondarrion eventually got down to focusing on protecting the littlefolk, so I think it would be symbolic to have him recognize some good in Snow and give up his life to resurrect him.

It's going to be Mel though.

Speevy

Banned
I started out thinking this season would be amazing, but now it seems like they're trying to do too many things at once.

Apt101

It would make sense for Jon to lead the wildlings, mountain clans, and whoever else is near back towards Winterfell. As you said he should come back changed like Dondarrion, focused on whatever his previous task was while no longer caring about (or remembering) his previous oaths and responsibilities. The wildlings in particular should really throw their might behind King Crow at that point, being superstitious followers of the Old Gods and all. Seeing the guy who saved many of them from Hard Home coming back from the dead? Word will spread.

Turin

Banned
I'm interested to see what's the first thing Jon'll do when he wakes. Go to Tormund and the wildlings? Sneak in and kill his murderers? How bitter will he be towards them anyway?

I wonder what will happen with Davos at Castle Black. Hoping he isn't just standing around waiting for someone to send him to find Rickon.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I think him killing Olly as the first thing he does would be very interesting for his character arc...I do wonder though what's going to happen to him and Thorne when Jon comes back.

Apt101

I think him killing Olly as the first thing he does would be very interesting for his character arc...I do wonder though what's going to happen to him and Thorne when Jon comes back.

It would be creepy to see undead Jon rise up calmly pick up and measure Longclaw, then mercilessly slay his murderers. I doubt any three of the other men together at the Wall could take him.

It would be creepy to see undead Jon rise up calmly pick up and measure Longclaw, then mercilessly slay his murderers. I doubt any three of the other men together at the Wall could take him.

what'll likely happen is he wakes up, starts doing thriller and the white walkers follow him to glory.

Iksenpets

Banned
I'm interested to see what's the first thing Jon'll do when he wakes. Go to Tormund and the wildlings? Sneak in and kill his murderers? How bitter will he be towards them anyway?

I wonder what will happen with Davos at Castle Black. Hoping he isn't just standing around waiting for someone to send him to find Rickon.

Davos is a mystery. He has nothing left to live for, but they left him alive for something. I can't imagine what in the show universe would motivate him to go after Rickon. Maybe they could replace that with him going to try to find Gendry, and launching some suicide scheme to crown Gendry as the last Baratheon? Or maybe he just takes the black? Or pledges himself to hunting down Mel once he learns what happened? No idea. I really thought that once they killed off Stannis they would've rewritten Jon's stabbing to somehow take down Davos, too.

Super late with this but I just saw the Dickon Tarly casting... Poor Sam haha, guys like a male model.

I really wonder what Dickon is going to be like. Is he an ass like his dad? I think I would kind of like it better if Dickon is actually super nice and totally loves Sam, and thinks it's so cool that Sam went off to the Night's Watch. Like, he's just oblivious to all the shit his dad has pulled.

Turin

Banned
Davos is a mystery. He has nothing left to live for, but they left him alive for something. I can't imagine what in the show universe would motivate him to go after Rickon. Maybe they could replace that with him going to try to find Gendry, and launching some suicide scheme to crown Gendry as the last Baratheon? Or maybe he just takes the black? Or pledges himself to hunting down Mel once he learns what happened? No idea. I really thought that once they killed off Stannis they would've rewritten Jon's stabbing to somehow take down Davos, too.

I really wonder what Dickon is going to be like. Is he an ass like his dad? I think I would kind of like it better if Dickon is actually super nice and totally loves Sam, and thinks it's so cool that Sam went off to the Night's Watch. Like, he's just oblivious to all the shit his dad has pulled.

I hadn't considered he might want to find Gendry. Figured Gendry would turn up again with some kind of outlaw group(doubt he'd want to rejoin the Brotherhood).

As for Davos, I've been wondering what his motivations might be by the end of the story. It's very possible Stannis will die at some point in the books and he may never see him again. He'll still have a promise to keep to bring Rickon back to the North and who knows where things go after that. Either way, they're keeping him around for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom