• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
btw, so we assume McShane is playing Meribald, the thing is, I really don't remember his character from AFFC, what exactly did he do? From that book I only remember Jaime, Cersei and Victarion's chapters, to be honest.

Ever since I re-reread this passage...

Gorghan of Old Ghis once wrote that a prophecy is like a treacherous woman. She takes your member in her mouth, and you moan with the pleasure of it and think, how sweet, how fine, how good this is... and then her teeth snap shut and your moans turn to screams. That is the nature of prophecy, said Gorghan. Prophecy will bite your prick off every time.

...I've been convinced he'll be playing Marwyn. I can't not read that quote in Al Swearengen's voice now. He even uses the word 'prick'. It has to happen or I'll be super bummed out.

Moff

didn't they already cast jonathan pryce as howland reed? can't wait to see his digital younger self at the tower of joy

Haven't kept up with the thread but what's the talk on who plays Eddard in that scene? I'd love to see Sean but I don't know if they can de-age him enough.

We haven't heard of anyone from ToJ except for Arthur Dayne and possibly Lyanna. I definitely want Sean Bean back as well. I'd much rather take an unconvincingly yound Ned played by Bean over a more accurately aged Ned played by someone else any day. Hopefully we hear some info soon.

We haven't heard of anyone from ToJ except for Arthur Dayne and possibly Lyanna. I definitely want Sean Bean back as well. I'd much rather take an unconvincingly yound Ned played by Bean over a more accurately aged Ned played by someone else any day. Hopefully we hear some info soon.

Gotta do it with Sean imo

Turin

Banned
Bean just needs to lose a little weight and makeup + effects will take care of the rest.

I really hope D&D don't screw him on this. He's been craving a flashback return for a long time.

Bean just needs to lose a little weight and makeup + effects will take care of the rest.

I really hope D&D don't screw him on this. He's been craving a flashback return for a long time.

It'd be weird and stupid to not use him since he actually wants to do it and I think viewers would care more than just finding some guy who might look like a younger version of the character for a few minutes of screen time. How old was show Ned supposed to be? I forget...

Not exactly the first time a show has been awarded by the Emmys when it was arguably snubbed for arguably better stuff in the past.

Edit: and Dinklage just won!

NeoGiff

Not exactly the first time a show has been awarded by the Emmys when it was arguably snubbed for arguably better stuff in the past.

Edit: and Dinklage just won!

Surprise surprise. I'm fed up of the hyperbolic Dinklage love.

I've never put much stock in awards anyway, but Bad Pussy notwithstanding, there are plenty more egregious problems with D&D's supposed masterpiece of writing that was Mother's Mercy - one of which wasn't Lena Headey, who was robbed.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll cry myself to sleep.

Surprise surprise. I'm fed up of the hyperbolic Dinklage love.

I've never put much stock in awards anyway, but Bad Pussy notwithstanding, there are plenty more egregious problems with D&D's supposed masterpiece of writing that was Mother's Mercy - one of which wasn't Lena Headey, who was robbed.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll cry myself to sleep.

I mean I would have loved to see a Stephen Dillane nomination, but we all know that's not gonna happen.

Edit: Just won best drama!

Just pretend it's a retroactive win for season 3 :p

Wow, just wow... This is a bandwagon jump/make up party for the "snubbing" they've had in previous seasons isn't it? Or did the voters just watch the Hardhome episode?

Iksenpets

Banned
Its going to be really fun seeing D&D cite this win anytime anyone questions their choices, lol.

It'll also be kind of sad to see the show remembered for its unwarranted Emmy win.

Wow, just wow... This is a bandwagon jump/make up party for the "snubbing" they've had in previous seasons isn't it? Or did the voters just watch the Hardhome episode?

It's probably a partly the "make up" for not winning previously/void left from Breaking Bad and Emmy voters forgetting that Mad Men is a thing in the last few years. The other big thing is there was a rule change this year that all members of the academy can vote on the "premium" categories when it was previously only open to a selection of the voters (which bodes well for more popular programs).

I don't think I saw any of the other nominated shows. Did they just really suck or what?

Of the shows nominated for best drama, GoT and Mad Men are the only ones I really like. Of course, there are shows not nominated for the category like The Americans, but that's another discussion.

Jigorath

Banned
Mad Men, Better Call Saul, and OITNB were all far more deserving.

For shame Emmys, can't wait for more articles about how the show is "fixing" the books.

ZeroRay

I mean this season was honestly not even good TV, let alone a good GoT season.

Meh, whatever. Not the first time this happened and won't be the last.

Apt101

I just re-watched the Sand Snakes fight scene and it's not bad at all. I realize one can slow it down and point out flaws, but it's fine at normal speed. The only glaring problem was when Bronn struck Tyene with his fist. The actor for Bronn put some effort behind it, but she acted a poor reaction, barely bending at the waist like a TV show fight from the 90's. I mean, he's a sturdy man twice her weight and all. It should have floored her.

As for the overall quality of the most recent season, it was pretty shitty. I don't think D&D have the resources to make something of this story on their own. I doubt many would. People give GRRM a lot of leeway but honestly he's way too slow of a writer for what he turns out. Pages of droll exposition and story lines that should never have existed but clearly were of interest to him. I think his editor(s) are weak and he can do what he wants because he's the most successful writer (mindshare/critical analysis and overall commercial success combined, I realize others have sold more books) of modern times behind J.K. Rowling. And it makes the show suffer as he plods through a page or so a week. I love his work, but if I had his work ethic I'd be in some career that earns a small fraction of what I do now.

Turin

Banned
A little weird that Dinklage gets the award this year. The performance was good but he didn't do anything amazing that I can recall.

If it had to be a GoT actor, it should have been Jonathan Pryce.

*grumbles out the door*

Moff

dinklage is phoning in everything lately, in interviews he always seems so tired and unmotivated. I don't know.

best support was alfie allen in my opinion, but of course he is not present enough to get attention for an award like that. I would have been fine with pryce or riggs for their guest apperances/Support, whatever they were nominated for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom