• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say that the show's decision to make the story told in the Pink Letter true is the same as them making Mance's death by burning true in the show. They take a fake out from the book and make it real as a way to end plots early while using actual book moments. As I said earlier, I just don't buy the letter as true in the books.

There's room for Stannis to survive, but I don't think he wins the Battle of Ice. The show left Stannis' fate ambiguous just as in ADWD.

Robert Aramayo joins the cast of Game of Thrones

Maybe Howland Reed? Luke Roberts seems to be Arthur Dayne so that means Eddie Eyre might be young Ned.

Thomas Brodie-Sangster is old enough now that he could play TOJ Howland Reed, if he wasn't so tall. It looks like they got someone even younger than Sangster to play Jojens dad.

That all seems like it adds up pretty neatly. This guy really looks like he could be Jojen's dad 20 years in the past, and looks like he has the right build to play small and tricky. I hadn't thought of Eyre as young Ned, but I think I could see it with a wig and beard.

Yeah, the resemblance is uncanny. This, for some reason, has me more excited than anything. I've ALWAYS wanted to learn more about him.

Kain

The spanish translation always takes a while because it's very, very, very well done (I've read all the books in both languages) so fuck that, I want an english release and then they can translate.

TeaJay

The Finnish translation takes years, it's no indicator on when the actual book is coming out. The publisher is very small and they only released the second part of Dance of Dragons (both SoS and Dance are divided in two in Finnish) last year.

I am SO ready to take a few days off this winter to read The Winds of Winter. Hopefully some snow will be on the ground when I start reading.

ChaosXVI

Really hoping for a January/February release for the English version...That would be absolutely perfect...maybe the release date will get announced on the Winter Solstice this year like everybody thought it was going to last year.

Really hoping for a January/February release for the English version...That would be absolutely perfect...maybe the release date will get announced on the Winter Solstice this year like everybody thought it was going to last year.

This isn't even possible. The book would have to be done now.

Iksenpets

Banned
This isn't even possible. The book would have to be done now.

Their turnaround time on Dance from GRRM completing writing to publication was only like two months. Granted, that got you a Dance-quality edit job, but I have no doubt they'd be willing to do that again if that's what stood between them and beating season 6 out the door.

Their turnaround time on Dance from GRRM completing writing to publication was only like two months. Granted, that got you a Dance-quality edit job, but I have no doubt they'd be willing to do that again if that's what stood between them and beating season 6 out the door.

GRRM was also handing in Dance material as he completed it and has not done the same with TWOW. A lot was already edited before he finished the book. It will likely take longer than last time. And they're not going to rush it to meet a January date.

But no one should expect GRRM to have the book done this month anyway.

xF87r1E.png

Iksenpets

Banned
GRRM was also handing in Dance material as he completed it and has not done the same with TWOW. A lot was already edited before he finished the book. It will likely take longer than last time. And they're not going to rush it to meet a January date.

Ok yeah, January's a no way. They're probably only concerned with beating season 6, so I imagine March or early April is their real target. Whether or not they're being insanely optimistic and just prepping everyone in case everything works out perfectly or if they can actually hit that, who knows, but I definitely think they want to.

Ok yeah, January's a no way. They're probably only concerned with beating season 6, so I imagine March or early April is their real target. Whether or not they're being insanely optimistic and just prepping everyone in case everything works out perfectly or if they can actually hit that, who knows, but I definitely think they want to.

March or April is possible if he finishes it soon enough, my response was to them getting it out at the beginning of the year.

But we still have no idea how close GRRM is to finishing this, so other than a general expectation that it's probably coming sometime in 2016 who knows.

RaidenZR

They confirmed her role (there are spoilers in the link)
http://watchersonthewall.com/melani...es-role-confirmed-and-more-season-6-spoilers/
She's a red priestess named Kinvara. Still don't get why they couldn't get Rila Fukushima again. The way it was shot last year made it seem like this role was for her.

In the same news story:
Interesting that Tyrion is leaving and separating from Varys. Is Daenarys on the move or is this just Tyrion continuing his vagabond adventures?

They confirmed her role (there are spoilers in the link)
http://watchersonthewall.com/melani...es-role-confirmed-and-more-season-6-spoilers/
She's a red priestess named Kinvara. Still don't get why they couldn't get Rila Fukushima again. The way it was shot last year made it seem like this role was for her.

In the same news story:
Interesting that Tyrion is leaving and separating from Varys. Is Daenarys on the move or is this just Tyrion continuing his vagabond adventures?

I assume it was Varys that was leaving

Turin

Banned
I would say there's no way its not that...that character is so dead...I just question why though they want a flashback...maybe humanize that other character more?

Maybe
she
was involved in something with
Varys
we didn't know about?

Edit:

But that probably wouldn't make sense since
she tried to knife Tyrion(in the show).
I guess a dream sequence is more likely.

Moff

now that's definitely something I would never have expected
maybe she's lyanna

obviously it's tyrion nightmares/hallucinations, she is the shows tysha and haunts him

Bluray will have:

Anatomy of an Episode: Mother’s Mercy – Details about the creation of “Mother’s Mercy,” from the writing table all the way through to visual effects

The Real History Behind Game of Thrones – In a two-part series, historians and George R.R. Martin discuss the era known as “The Wars of the Roses” and other historical events that served as inspiration for his novels

Audio Commentaries – Twelve audio commentaries with cast and crew including David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey, Kit Harington, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Iain Glen, Maisie Williams, Natalie Dormer, Gwendoline Christie and more.

Deleted Scenes – 4 deleted scenes

A Day in the Life – Inside look at the production process of Season 5

New Characters/New Locations – Explore the new societies, cultures and locations from Season 5

The Dance of Dragons – An in-depth look at the story behind the Targaryen civil war

In-Episode Guide – Provides background information about on-screen characters, locations, and relevant histories

Histories and Lore – Explore the mythology of Westeros and Essos from character perspectives in 14 history pieces with feature illustrations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom