• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they'll do Aegon in the show because they've laid zero groundwork. I doubt people even really think about that kid if they haven't read the books. Maybe Trystane will do something, but no Aegon.

Ratrat

Given that they are revisiting plots that we thought were gone for good, is it possible Aegon makes an appearance?
Common thought was that Trystane was inheriting Aegon's role, but that appears less likely.
Its impossible. It already felt like it was pulled out of Martins ass in the book and was slightly saved if you thought the whole Blackfyre/Golden Company connection or the Illyrio/Varys plotting was interesting. Having some background on Rhaegar was also nice I guess. The show has none of that and it would seem so random.
Besides, they are sure to turn Jon Connington into another whoremonger.

Iksenpets

Banned
Its impossible. It already felt like it was pulled out of Martins ass in the book and was slightly saved if you thought the whole Blackfyre/Golden Company connection or the Illyrio/Varys plotting was interesting. Having some background on Rhaegar was also nice I guess. The show has none of that and it would seem so random.
Besides, they are sure to turn Jon Connington into another whoremonger.

Show Connington would inevitably end up having sex with Loras at some point. All gay men fuck Loras.

Ratrat

Show Connington would inevitably end up having sex with Loras at some point. All gay men fuck Loras.
I just love how hundreds of years of war, hatred and family rivalry apparently dissipate when you're gay.
oberyn+loras+gay.gif

Turin

Banned
I had a weird prediction they'd have Oberyn bone both Loras and Margaery then brag about it to Olenna.

Don't look at me like that. It should have fucking happened!

I just love how hundreds of years of war, hatred and family rivalry apparently dissipate when you're gay.
oberyn+loras+gay.gif

I can't imagine anyone can possibly think that Loras was done well in this show. He should have been the fantasy version of Omar, a bad ass whose being gay was simply a part of his character. Instead he is a promiscuous gadabout who exists to be the butt of gay jokes.

Show-Loras is definitely a misstep on all fronts, but book-Loras was kinda bratty, too, in that Highgarden-dude way. But that would have been much more interesting.

Forkball

Yeah book Loras is still pretty arrogant. I think Loras was done well in season 1 but he's had pretty much no development since then.

Iksenpets

Banned
oberyn+loras+gay.gif

You know what would've been cool? Oberyn going up to flirt with well-known gay dude Loras Tyrell only to get shot down with the candle and the sun line. And then Oberyn's totally cool with it and shrugs it off to go hit on someone else.

I'm their defense, I'll say I don't think the Tyrell-Martell animosity exists in the show universe. The Willas story has been omitted completely and there's been no mention of the ancient border wars or whatever. And really I don't think show Mace has it in him to hold a grudge. On the off chance you ever manage to upset him, all you have to do is offer him the honor of fetching you a pen, or if you've really upset him maybe sing a duet with him to earn his forgiveness.

Ratrat

You know what would've been cool? Oberyn going up to flirt with well-known gay dude Loras Tyrell only to get shot down with the candle and the sun line. And then Oberyn's totally cool with it and shrugs it off to go hit on someone else.

I'm their defense, I'll say I don't think the Tyrell-Martell animosity exists in the show universe. The Willas story has been omitted completely and there's been no mention of the ancient border wars or whatever. And really I don't think show Mace has it in him to hold a grudge. On the off chance you ever manage to upset him, all you have to do is offer him the honor of fetching you a pen, or if you've really upset him maybe sing a duet with him to earn his forgiveness.
Could be wrong, but didn't Grrm actually write this episode? Not sure if the scene was his idea though.

And yeah, theres a Tyrell barb in the History of House Martell video by Oberyn, but the show hasnt really suggested anything else as of yet. But thats a lot to erase for an easy laugh.

Iksenpets

Banned
Could be wrong, but didn't Grrm actually write this episode? Not sure if the scene was his idea though.

And yeah, theres a Tyrell barb in the History of House Martell video by Oberyn, but the show hasnt really suggested anything else as of yet. But thats a lot to erase for an easy laugh.

Yeah, he did, but little moments like that could be inserted by the producer's or director pretty easily. I know that in GRRM's Blackwater episode the director actually added the fact that Stannis directly engaged in combat in the episode, and D&D added the little bit of animosity between Bronn and the Hound at the beginning of the episode.

Or it could just be that at that point they had already introduced the Loras/Olyvar plot, so GRRM was writing for show Loras.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
But at least Joffrey had a tiny bit of characterisation and always had Tyrion or Tywin around to lay on the smackdown. Ramsay is invincible, an amazing archer, an incredible swordsman, a tactical espionage expert, a great leader, and a sausage comedian, and he faces absolutely no repercussions for anything. In fact, he's rewarded for being a cunt.

True. I feel like Roose does that occasionally, but not as good as Tyrion and Tywin.

Iksenpets

Banned
True. I feel like Roose does that occasionally, but not as good as Tyrion and Tywin.

Roose smacks him down, but then just sort of goes "eh, well do whatever you want" and then Ramsay runs off to enjoy wild successes. Instead of the Joffrey story about a continual disappointment, we get a story about a father who scolds his son harshly and then does his best to hide his swelling pride when the son then goes out and does something amazing to try and prove himself.

You maimed a valuable hostage ending any possibility that we could sue for peace with the Greyjoys? You're so stupid, Ramsay! Oh, what's that? You tortured him real good, you say? Well I guess go do whatever then... Oh hey, you fended off an assault on the castle and went and defeated the last Ironborn outpost in the North without losing a man. Good job I guess.

Now you're making a fool of yourself in front of the Stark girl! You're going to ruin all my plans! Well, I guess go rape her a bit while I think up a good punishment for you... Oh, what's that? You successfully sniffed out the traitors in our midst and stopped Sansa's attempt to escape? Good job, I guess.

Now you directly contradict me in a war council! How dare you! And with some stupid scheme with twenty good men? I think I'll let you go do it and DIE! ...Oh, what's that? You destroyed our enemies supplies without losing a man, causing his army to abandon him and leave him defenseless right outside our gates? Good job, I guess.

mantidor

The whole Bolton thing was pretty much a disaster in my eyes. These guys were supposed to have issues holding up the north which made the marriage to fArya a necessity, in the show this is almost non existant, they are so succesful in every front that the Sansa marriage seemed simply a way to give the bad guys even more rewards. D&D must have some weird obsession about them or something.

Iksenpets

Banned
If that's our standard for being Jason Momoa, then I think there are actually a few hundred Jasons there. That Emmy must have really gone to their head now that they're playing God with human cloning.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Their content output has been pretty trash for a while now. Remember all the articles trying to treat Jon coming back as insane conspiracy despite it being nearly accepted canon for like 4 years?

Sean C

Now you're making a fool of yourself in front of the Stark girl! You're going to ruin all my plans! Well, I guess go rape her a bit while I think up a good punishment for you... Oh, what's that? You successfully sniffed out the traitors in our midst and stopped Sansa's attempt to escape? Good job, I guess.
One of the things that really bug me about that scenario is that it's set up like Roose wants Ramsay to tone things down and make this alliance work, but upon the marriage happening Ramsay immediately starts torturing Sansa and imprisons her in her room all day, which completely throws away the alliance with the Vale Roose was angling for and more or less negates any real value from having a Stark as an apparent voluntary ally, yet Roose never even brings this up. Ramsay can just do whatever he wants.

Holy shit, I just noticed the "A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms" is out, the collection of the three Dunk & Egg stories, and it has illustrations. €24 though. And I want "World of Ice and Fire" as well, but that's €36. Damnit :(

DKehoe

Holy shit, I just noticed the "A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms" is out, the collection of the three Dunk & Egg stories, and it has illustrations. €24 though. And I want "World of Ice and Fire" as well, but that's €36. Damnit :(

I was surprised at how many illustrations there were in the book. I expected a couple here and there but they appear pretty frequently.

Can't wait to see Drogon scaring the shit out of some of the Khal's. I wonder how big he'll be this season. Dany not getting burned again is interesting. I wonder what the scene with 400 extras will be. Different Dothraki disagreeing and attacking each other maybe? I feel like she'll definitely have the Dothraki under her by the end of the season.

RaidenZR

Can't wait to see Drogon scaring the shit out of some of the Khal's. I wonder how big he'll be this season. Dany not getting burned again is interesting. I wonder what the scene with 400 extras will be. Different Dothraki disagreeing and attacking each other maybe? I feel like she'll definitely have the Dothraki under her by the end of the season.

This stuff seems pretty significant and extensively laid out for the season so some amount of it must have source material backing that is yet to come. I guess we may see Dany have more adventures in Essos before she hits Westeros in Winds.

#nevergonnahappenisit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom