• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantidor

I'm afraid this just means Jon loses because of Ramsay's "twenty good men" or something. It's the only way this scenario can happen, Jon loses, he and Sansa are taken prisoners, probably to be flayed. well in the case of Sansa to continue to be his wife I guess.

Euron

Denial Phase:

Jon wins the battle and is about to execute Ramsay but then a giant attacks, grabbing Ramsay and tearing him apart in the most brutal death in the series. Jon then kills the giant himself using #lightbringer and becomes DaKInginDaNorf

fantomena

Jon is suppose to be the one making the pact between white walkers and humans at the end of the story, so he can't die.

A theory about how it will end and stuff:

The Long Night which happened thousands of years ago did not end with Azor Ahai being a conquerer and destroying the walkers, but he was a diplomat and the ice wall is made by the white walkers to mark their territory. The pact was broken when people (free folk) moved beyond the wall. Now white walkers are pissed off and attacks humans because humans broke the pact.

Rhaegar somehow got to know this pact (same as Craster which is why he gave babies to white walkers, it was a sacrifice to leave him alone. Rheagar knew that there would need balance in the world to keep everything up and he knew his sister Dany would be a threat to the world, she would destroy everything (white walkers hate dragons). So he made sure he and Lyanna fell in love so Jon poppet out.

Jon Snow is Rheagars song of ice and fire, what keeps the world balanced,. Jons job is to bring white walkers and humans to peace, something he already did by getting the free folk to the wall.

Just a theory though.

Iksenpets

Banned
If
Ramsay goes up against Jon and comes out unscathed
, I'm quitting the show.

Ok, so my meta-theorizing on what D&D are doing:
I've been thinking that Jon's big season 6 battle is actually Stannis' battle of ice from the books, just pushed back and given to a different character, and I feel like this is lending more credence to that. I could totally see the book battle ending with Winterfell falling, but Ramsay and/or Roose managing to escape to continue to play a role in the story going forward. The show is recreating that with this giant... thing, but unlike the book version, now that we have mega-Ramsay, raper of Sansa and defeater of Stannis, it's the most frustrating twist imaginable.

The only thing I can't figure out is wtf the giant is doing. It should be loyal to Jon? Unless it's a giant wight, because the Wall fell while Jon and Ramsay were fighting and Winterfell is under siege now? That would at least fit with some of the book theories about Stannis eventually finding himself besieged in Winterfell and choosing to sacrifice Shireen then. But if that's the case, no way Ramsay is escaping.

I'm afraid this just means Jon loses because of Ramsay's "twenty good men" or something. It's the only way this scenario can happen, Jon loses, he and Sansa are taken prisoners, probably to be flayed. well in the case of Sansa to continue to be his wife I guess.

Oh duh, I bet
Jon, Sansa, and Littlefinger get taken prisoner, Ramsay's about to flay them (and take Sansa back), and the giant rushes in to save Jon.
That has to be what it is. Which...isn't that great.

NeoGiff

How about this.

Jon has Winterfell surrounded, and goes as a lone envoy to confer with Ramsay (where's Roose?) and lay out his terms. Ramsay, bastard that he is, spits on Jon's terms, saying that Jon can't threaten anything while Sansa is in his custody. Things get heated, and Ramsay eventually stabs Jon, who slumps to the ground. Littlefinger makes a quip, and they all turn to leave, Ramsay saying that they will defile the body as an example. Suddenly, Jon rises from the ground, an expression of complete nonchalance on his face. He stares into the horrified Ramsay's eyes and roars "Wun WUUUUUUUUNNNNNN!!!" The gates of Winterfell burst inwards, and all hell breaks loose.

How did I do?

mantidor

The only thing I can't figure out is wtf the giant is doing. It should be loyal to Jon?

That is why I think Jon loses or gets captured somehow, there is no reason at all for a giant to try to break into Winterfell unless the Boltons are still in charge, if Jon and Sansa are there, they are prisoners, Littlefinger as always is a wildcard, the bastard :p

But the whole things is... uuurgh, it means Ramsay still manages to defeat the wilding army? Jon is so obviously not dying, but being saved by a giant after a defeat seems so lame.

I'm holding a faint hope it just isn't a giant but something else.

edit: seriously I don't get the hard-on the show runners have for Ramsay if this turns out to be true.

How about this.

Jon has Winterfell surrounded, and goes as a lone envoy to confer with Ramsay (where's Roose?) and lay out his terms. Ramsay, bastard that he is, spits on Jon's terms, saying that Jon can't threaten anything while Sansa is in his custody. Things get heated, and Ramsay eventually stabs Jon, who slumps to the ground. Littlefinger makes a quip, and they all turn to leave, Ramsay saying that they will defile the body as an example. Suddenly, Jon rises from the ground, an expression of complete nonchalance on his face. He stares into the horrified Ramsay's eyes and roars "Wun WUUUUUUUUNNNNNN!!!" The gates of Winterfell burst inwards, and all hell breaks loose.

How did I do?

I thought you said you had rules about sharing everything you know about what happens in the season. For shame.

Sean C

The Long Night which happened thousands of years ago did not end with Azor Ahai being a conquerer and destroying the walkers, but he was a diplomat and the ice wall is made by the white walkers to mark their territory. The pact was broken when people (free folk) moved beyond the wall. Now white walkers are pissed off and attacks humans because humans broke the pact.
The Wildlings have always lived beyond the Wall, though. They're the people who were on the other side of it when it was built.

Saya

Just checking the thread for my monthly GoT updates. WTF at those latest spoilers. Oh god. 😂😅

UOeBr1V.jpg

Euron

Just checking the thread for my monthly GoT updates. WTF at those latest spoilers. Oh god. 😂😅
Ah I remember last year when I thought a July 2015 release for TWOW was a surefire bet.

Is there even a chance in hell that it'll be finished before the end of Season 6?

Some very interesting spoilers from Irish Thrones if true(take with 20 good grains of salt):

Irish Thrones ‏@IrishThrones 21h21 hours ago
S6 filming at Magheramorne (The Wall & Castle Black)in Ireland continued & a 'White Walker army' was on scene!

They've gotten stuff wrong before like LSH so don't go too crazy. I'll await to see if Sue confirms it or not.

axb2013

Just when I finally get my offseason withdrawal under control, someone mentions the Boltons. Joffrey, the first of his name had a significant victim count during his reign, since Ramsay serves as his replacement, D&D decide how much damage the bastard 2.0 does and Roose as well.

~6 weeks of offseason left. Winter is coming then leaving and taking the offseason with it.

Guess they figured the secret was out anyway.

Yep.

Andy Greenwald ‏@andygreenwald 4m4 minutes ago
Here's the first teaser for GAME OF THRONES S6. Bravo, @HBO. Own the moment.

Andy Greenwald ‏@andygreenwald 3m3 minutes ago
My guess is that the release of this image was negotiated by Kit Harrington's agent in an attempt to free his client from a Belfast hotel.

So this pretty much means what, April 24th for a premiere date, given how all the other shows are scheduled?

Andy's on fire this morning.

Matt Unmacht
‏@matt_unmacht
@andygreenwald @HBO doesn't this heavily imply he'll live? All that talk just to release this? kind of a spoiler

Andy Greenwald
‏@andygreenwald Andy Greenwald Retweeted Matt Unmacht
My dearest friend, my name is PRINCE MR KUMALO and I am a Nigerian investor. A sum of €500 has recently come into m

Yeah, should be
Yup, that's what we estimated before.
HBO has set Vinyl (new Terence Winter show) for a February 14th premiere. That means the finale of the 10 episode S1 will be on April 17th, provided there are no breaks in there. That would put the Game of Thrones S6 premiere on April 24th 2016 at the earliest as I assume they're not going to overlap the two shows.
Might depend on whether the first episode of Vinyl (2hrs) counts as one or two episodes, but should either by the 17th or the 24th.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Yes, bravo HBO! Brilliant of them to prematurely reveal the secret they've been building up for months. Pure stroke of genius I tells ya.

dareacher

Banned
Yes, bravo HBO! Brilliant of them to prematurely reveal the secret they've been building up for months. Pure stroke of genius I tells ya.

so no way in hell did you consider that the show runners of the most successful show on tv have a concrete advertisement campaign in place to ensure the show stays so successful? What did they really just do other than create hype? announce something 99% of the GOT viewership already knows? I actually think its genius....but hey, its gt on hbo, we gotta bitch right?

Jumeira

Banned
Starks are coming :) Bran, Jon, Sansa, Ned (he must have a role this season, they've mentioned him every season), Lyana, Arya.

Weve been waiting for you, Lords of Winterfell, Warden(s) of the North, bringers of peace, blood of the first men and saviors of our lands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom