• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Banned
The bloody eye/eye socket really interests me.

I wonder if that's how Jon'll be "changed" when he comes back. Remember Dondarrion is missing an eye too. Wonder if that's part of the ritual to bring someone back the first time.

I recall the Mountain took Dondarrion's eye out by spearing him through the head.

Real Hero

The bloody eye/eye socket really interests me.

I wonder if that's how Jon'll be "changed" when he comes back. Remember Dondarrion is missing an eye too. Wonder if that's part of the ritual to bring someone back the first time.

He died various times, getting hung etc the damage was just building up on Dondarrion.

Moff

interesting choice with the poster
but then again, it's hard for me to judge if D&D made the viewers believe that jon was dead.
if they failed like GRRM, then I guess it doesn't matter.

Jeels

Season 5 turned me off from buying GoT pops, and I had shit ton of them.

Was it the show or the series of figures announced after season 5? Interested in hearing.

I know the next one I want is the Jamie Lannister one (the one with the golden hand, not his S1 figure)

bengraven

Will we have a trailer before Jan 1st?

Last year we didn't get trailers until a couple months before the premiere but I remember getting earlier trailers in years before.

Was it the show or the series of figures announced after season 5? Interested in hearing.

I know the next one I want is the Jamie Lannister one (the one with the golden hand, not his S1 figure)
All the figures released after season 4 actually, even though some of them are newcomers to the Funko Pop collection, I just couldn't help think how awful they were in season 5, and you've guessed it, season 5 is the only one I don't own on BD.

Jeels

All the figures released after season 4 actually, even though some of them are newcomers to the Funko Pop collection, I just couldn't help think how awful they were in season 5, and you've guessed it, season 5 is the only one I don't own on BD.

Ah see, you can probably tell by the figures I have purchased, but I am not a fan of some of the primary characters in this series (Dany, Jon Snow, the Starks, the main Lannisters, etc) and instead like a lot of the ancillary characters. So the first few series of pop figures didn't interest me at all, I am much more happy with the later offerings. Really the only want I want from the earlier ones is Renly, but I can't find him for under $40 anywhere. :/

Will we have a trailer before Jan 1st?

Last year we didn't get trailers until a couple months before the premiere but I remember getting earlier trailers in years before.
First trailers have been in January. First few seasons I think they did a VO tease in December, but they haven't done that the last couple years.

Wtf. What was even the point then? Did they eventually just come to the realization that it was a dumb way to end the season anyways? So they're basically admitting that it was the worst kept "secret" and then releasing this poster to build up hype? Makes no sense.

Interesting.

I think the three heads are

bad
pussy
#20goodmen

Naa bro, three heads are

Good
Men

When 20 good men come together they can warp the very fabric of existence itself and do anything the writers want them to.

I like that Reddit theory though.
Rhaegar's obsession with the prophecy was what led him to take Lyanna, after all

NeoGiff

He was at Jon's mercy. The next moments - his final moments - would serve as justice for the North. Justice for father. Justice for both kings, Stark and Baratheon, who had fallen at the behest of this cursed boy's family.

Though Jon held him fast, hand firmly squeezing his face, three words spluttered forth from the Bastard's mouth. "You don't understand-".

I understand that you shall suffer a cleaner end than your wretched father. Would that I could make you suffer. Unmoving, he regarded the Bastard quizzically, his ermine cloak flapping in the bitter wind like a eunuch's severed cock.

"I have something you don't." Ramsay's bloodied maw cut through his pudgy face like the gate of the seventh hell. Jon leaned closer. Perhaps in his final moments, the Bastard would impart some twisted wisdom upon the winter air.

"Twenty. Good. Men."

Jon collapsed in horror. Ripping Longclaw from its sheath, he slid it through mail, boiled leather, and flesh alike, piercing the icy heart beneath. Ramsay felt his member rising in his britches. Before he could get it under control, his flayed man had covered Jon Stark's face with fresh Bolton milk.

CUT

David and Dan both smiled, knowing they had nailed yet another scene. The day's work complete, they strode confidently past the dungeons, throwing the paper scraps of The Winds of Winter's first draft into the only inhabited cell. Through the iron bars, a meek and solitary voice could be heard whispering "Jets... Jets..."

Hand in hand, the triumphant heroes rode off into the sunset.

Edit: Oh shit, I meant to tag all of that. Sorry guys. A script page was leaked today.

Masaki_

oh man i just cant fucking wait for another season of tired 20 good men and bad pussy jokes, i really wish i could quit this thread

Chris R

the 2 separate threads will stay the same I guess? with the same rules?

There are still elements book readers will know about ahead of time that the unsullied know nothing about.

Plus, GRRM is totally getting the book out before the next season starts ;)

Wtf. What was even the point then? Did they eventually just come to the realization that it was a dumb way to end the season anyways? So they're basically admitting that it was the worst kept "secret" and then releasing this poster to build up hype? Makes no sense.

It's PERFECT and I wish the TWD folks had gotten the same memo.

Most people know the "secret." So instead of acting all coy and cagey and treating their viewership like morons, they waited until it was time to start releasing promos and they OWNED it.

Some more big spoilers from WoTW

-There is a scene with Cersei, Jamie, and a new hand of the king in the throne room

-Melisandre is at Jon's resurection and so is ghost. Ghost used a lot in the season. All of the rest of Melisandre's scenes are top secret

-Ned and Lyanna scene has been filmed

I wonder who the new hand will be. I wonder if Melisandre dies this season.

Most people know the "secret." So instead of acting all coy and cagey and treating their viewership like morons, they waited until it was time to start releasing promos and they OWNED it.

This is an interesting observation. I often compare TWD to GoT in terms of how character deaths are handled/motivated, usually with TWD standing to learn a thing or two-hundred from how GoT does it.

Thaedolus

What's the over/under on Tower of Joy opening the season?

It seems like these kinds of scenes are in the pre-opening credits of Episode 1, like the Tywin scene and Cersei scene. It seems like an appropriate place...but then I'd imagine Jon's res comes almost immediately after.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

It only took The Walking Dead 4 weeks to reveal the fate of their character, and they did it in the show itself - Game of Thrones? 23 weeks followed by a promotional poster.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Moff

It seems like these kinds of scenes are in the pre-opening credits of Episode 1, like the Tywin scene and Cersei scene. It seems like an appropriate place...but then I'd imagine Jon's res comes almost immediately after.

that's what I expected since the end of last season and hope will happen.

It only took The Walking Dead 4 weeks to reveal the fate of their character, and they did it in the show itself - Game of Thrones? 23 weeks followed by a promotional poster.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

But there's a huge difference between four episodes with a character's name removed from the credits and a season-ending moment, and some discussion that left room after hints (kill the boy, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom