• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people often conflate the rough writing with Jonathan Pryce's performance, but I think it's really effective. He's so effective in fact that he's convinced viewers that he's actually a good person, which is unusual in portrayals of religious leaders seeking power.

The book must be pretty well written too, because I actually root for him in the book, but find the TV show character somewhat annoying (or tbh, I like the great sparrow but dislike the sparrows from the show a whole lot more than the books).

Bill Simmons said on his podcast today that episode 5 is an all timer. So... Kingsmoot hype!

Arya gets to kill, Tommen death - war erupts in Kings Landing, Jamie finds out about Cersei, Jon & Sansa amass their army & make way for Winterfell, Bran catches White Walkers heading for Wall.

And Kingsmoot!

FStubbs

I would expect this to happen. How else is Jon going to find out THE BIG REVEAL? He and Ned were the only ones left at the tower. Unless he turns up in Winterfell after the battle. You'd think he'd want to know what happened to his two kids he sent there too.

How can he do that when he's
busy manipulating Tommen and controlling the Faith Militant
?

RedShift

Just caught up.

I take it there has already been enough ranting about how Dany isn't fireproof apart from that one time? Or do we need more?

Actually am sort of enjoying this season though, apart from the occasional really dumb thing.

Just caught up.

I take it there has already been enough ranting about how Dany isn't fireproof apart from that one time? Or do we need more?

Actually am sort of enjoying this season though, apart from the occasional really dumb thing.
That's not true in the show universe, so not really. (George has stated that's different in the books)

Davos was saving Jon's body:
- For the eye candy
- For Mel to put Davos in Jon's body because his body is much better and has all 10 fingers
- As proof Thorne killed him, so Davos could prove to someone out in the world who cares

"Hey Mel, you have powers right? Anything you can do with that body? Know what I mean?"

Sean C

Regarding episode 605:

It looks like this is going to be the most Stark-centric episode in a long time. Sansa has at least three scenes, Jon has at least two (overlapping with Sansa), Arya has multiple scenes (including the introduction of the theatrical troupe from "Mercy"), and Bran has at least three distinct visions with presumably some stuff in the cave too.

Gigglepoo

Regarding episode 605:

It looks like this is going to be the most Stark-centric episode in a long time. Sansa has at least three scenes, Jon has at least two (overlapping with Sansa), Arya has multiple scenes (including the introduction of the theatrical troupe from "Mercy"), and Bran has at least three distinct visions with presumably some stuff in the cave too.

AND....
Lady Stoneheart!

Speevy

Banned
It seems to me that the showrunners wanted fuck awesome/awful things to happen in every episode, so we get a rock and roll tour of Westeros this season.

In Dorne, things are FUCKED UP! Let's kill some Martells!
In King's Landing, things are FUCKED UP! Let's kill some Lannisters and Sparrows!
On the Iron Islands, things are FUCKED UP! Let's kill some Greyjoys!
In the Riverlands, things are FUCKED UP! Let's kill some Freys!
In Winterfell, things are FUCKED UP! Let's kill some Starks and some Boltons!
In Bran's tree, things are FUCKED UP! Let's kill some visions!
In Meereen, things are FUCKED UP! Let's kill some Dothraki!

Gigglepoo

What George states and what George writes are two different things.

Dany was fireproof in Dance.

She was burned:

https://youtu.be/hgaI2duatzk

CWghrd8.jpg

mantidor

I actually don't think it will be that different in the books. The fire resistance seems to be a metaphor of Dany's power and connection with her dragons, when she is doubtful or not in control, she gets burned, like in the pits, when she took control like in last episode she becomes immune. The show goes the easy way and just makes her immune always.

I also got the impression that while she got burned by Drogon, anyone else would have been burnt to crisp.

Speevy

Banned
I don't think you'll find another instance where what I'm about to say applies, but Martin's explanation of the fire thing is weak.

There are no miracles in Dany's world. There is at least some magic in the A Song and Ice and Fire universe, and having Dany immune to fire is far more interesting than not having her immune to fire.

It's something unique to her character. I like it, and I don't think I'm alone. It doesn't make her story weaker. It makes it better. It's like an ability that will only apply in certain situations, and since everyone knows it, those who try to kill her will choose something other than fire.

D and D made the correct choice.

Sheroking

Dany's immunity to fire or lack thereof really only matters if George intends to threaten her with fire. Otherwise, she may as well be immune, because what functionally changes with that character?

It's actually more sensible and less sloppy to say she is immune. David and Dan didn't have to come out and clarify her status outside of the material - George did.

So I was listening to the Game of Owns podcast and the one guy made a point that its really interesting when Bran made a noise and his father turned around thinking something was afoot. I am very interested to see how this will play out and to see the extent of his powers.

Wouldnt it be funny though if Bran kept trying to change the events of the past only to find out he was responsible for everything that happened. Id probably die of laughter. Like he is yelling at Joffery to not kill Ned but all Joffery can hear is a voice saying "Kill him!!" Just barely making it out. Yeah that be great.
He couldn't change anything.

dabig2

I don't like the Superman-like invulnerability to fire and heat. Plenty of Targs have been burned before, and a lot of those had magic dragons too. The Doom happened and surely no fireproof magic ability saved Valyria then, men or dragons. But it's also just more that I hate that they've downplayed/eliminated the warg abilities of Arya and Jon while giving Dany this godlike, innate magic ability she did not have to work for or train in.

Speevy

Banned
Why are people bringing this up now and not the second time she would have been char-grilled in the House of the Undying?

Sheroking

Why are people bringing this up now and not the second time she would have been char-grilled in the House of the Undying?

They were teasing this immunity from the pilot, well over a year before her dragons hatched.

It's not like she has laser eyes. It's a pretty limited "super power".

Euron

Not sure if it's been posted but recently, Maisie Williams and Sophie Turner played Two Truths and a Lie with Season 6 Spoilers for their characters. These were officially released by the actresses so they are not leaks but be warned, if true they are quite major plot elements for the rest of the season.

http://www.hellou.co.uk/2016]/05/maisie-williams-and-sophie-turner-played-two-truths-and-a-lie-with-got-spoilers-92256/

Again, WARNING POSSIBLY MAJOR SPOILERS (though a caveat, they could be trolling us hard again)

Sophie:

1. Ramsay dies.

2. Lady Stoneheart returns.

3. Arya checks three people off her list.

Maisie:

1. Arya goes to Westeros, back over the sea.

2. Arya is in the trailer more times than people have realised, because they don’t realise it’s her.

3. Arya doesn’t cross any more names off her list

So if we're not being trolled, 4/6 of these should be true. IMO,
1 and 3 are for Sophie and 1 and 2 are for Maisie, 2 especially given how descriptive it is.

mantidor

Not sure if it's been posted but recently, Maisie Williams and Sophie Turner played Two Truths and a Lie with Season 6 Spoilers for their characters. These were officially released by the actresses so they are not leaks but be warned, if true they are quite major plot elements for the rest of the season.

http://www.hellou.co.uk/2016]/05/maisie-williams-and-sophie-turner-played-two-truths-and-a-lie-with-got-spoilers-92256/

Again, WARNING POSSIBLY MAJOR SPOILERS (though a caveat, they could be trolling us hard again)

Sophie:

1. Ramsay dies.

Maisie:

2. Arya is in the trailer more times than people have realised, because they don’t realise it’s her.

1 and 3 are for Sophie and 1 and 2 are for Maisie, 2 especially given how descriptive it is.

Yeah these were mentioned before the season began.

At first glance Sophie's 3 cancels Maisie's 3, but there is the loophole that Arya "checking off" simply means removed, not killed, after all she "checked off" the Hound from the list. She might truly become no one which means her list goes kaput.

And Lady Stoneheart cannot return since she never was there to begin with. Or maybe Sansa does die, and returns as Lady Stoneheart, which would suck, but it's not out of the realms of possibility, I mean, Dorne happened.

Sheroking

Yeah these were mentioned before the season began.

At first glance Sophie's 3 cancels Maisie's 3, but there is the loophole that Arya "checking off" simply means removed, not killed, after all she "checked off" the Hound from the list. She might truly become no one which means her list goes kaput.

And Lady Stoneheart cannot return since she never was there to begin with. Or maybe Sansa does die, and returns as Lady Stoneheart, which would suck, but it's not out of the realms of possibility, I mean, Dorne happened.

It seems likely that the correct spoilers at Sophie Turners' #1 and #3 and Maise Williams' #1 and #2.

Though, I wouldn't put it past David and Dan to simply insert Lady Stoneheart at a different point in the storyline. This is the first year since the Red Wedding that the Riverlands are a focus.

We also know that Michelle Fairley was on-set this year. Though, spotted in street clothes, not costume.

bitbydeath

Sophie:

1. Ramsay dies.

1 & 2. 3 people is like her whole list give or take.

Euron said:
Maisie:

1 & 2 hopefully, want to see that training put to use.

Or maybe Sansa does die, and returns as Lady Stoneheart

For that to happen she'll have to see some shit before she dies like Ramsey killing Jon. Very much doubt it.

Sophie:

1. Ramsay dies.

Maisie:

If anything, it'll be 1 and 2 for Sansa and 2 and 3 for Maisie. Clearly 3 is a lie for one of them and I think it is far more likely that Sansa's 2 is actually a well kept secret moreso than her #3, unless of course it's a huge troll and
Arya just kills 1 or 2 people and they both lied making 1 and 2 for both of them the truth
Either way... 3 is a lie imo.

So a few things...

If Arya makes it back to Westeros this season, it will be the final episode... and she isn't knocking 3 people off her list in 60 minutes (which she will be lucky to have 10 minutes of screen time) but let's ignore that for a second...

Look at her list... Tywin DEAD, Joffrey DEAD, Meryn Trant DEAD, The Hound DEAD (at least she believes he is), so who does that leave?

Ilyn Payne won't happen because he's all but written out of the show due to the untimely death of the actor.

Cersei and Ser Robert/The Mountain, lets be honest, Arya won't be the one that dispatches these two.

Beric Dondarrion and Thoros, So if Stoneheart does show up(which I think she will, Michelle Fairley doesn't even need to be cast yet... they can show a hooded figure and then bring her back for Season 7) Beric should be dead, however it's entirely possible she catches up with Thoros...

Melisandre... I doubt it

So that leaves... Walder Frey...

Do you SERIOUSLY believe she is going to kill 3 of those people?

SO there's my take :p

mantidor

I think I'd be for this? I don't know, Let's see what happens. I can always bitch if I don't like it!

lol I was mostly joking, if it happens I don't think I could take the show seriously anymore.

We also know that Michelle Fairley was on-set this year. Though, spotted in street clothes, not costume.

wat

I'm kind of worried now.

For that to happen she'll have to see some shit before she dies like Ramsey killing Jon. Very much doubt it.

*insert D&D grinning pic here*

News Bot

Banned
I would expect this to happen. How else is Jon going to find out THE BIG REVEAL? He and Ned were the only ones left at the tower. Unless he turns up in Winterfell after the battle. You'd think he'd want to know what happened to his two kids he sent there too.

If Howland Reed is appearing, it will be in Episode 9 or 10. If the writers want to be clever (doubtful) he'll hear that Jon has taken command of the Stark army and raised his banners against the Boltons. House Reed and the crannogmen in general are fiercely loyal Stark bannermen who have remained untouched by the war. They will join Jon's army in a heartbeat. He can then march north after the battle to find his children, assuming he leaves the Neck. If he doesn't, there's always ravens and Jon may receive one while in Winterfell.

Sheroking

I
So a few things...

If Arya makes it back to Westeros this season, it will be the final episode... and she isn't knocking 3 people off her list in 60 minutes (which she will be lucky to have 10 minutes of screen time) but let's ignore that for a second...

They hit fast forward on her training in Episode 3. They could realistically have her on a boat before the end of this Sunday's episode.

Look at her list... Tywin DEAD, Joffrey DEAD, Meryn Trant DEAD, The Hound DEAD (at least she believes he is), so who does that leave?

Ilyn Payne won't happen because he's all but written out of the show due to the untimely death of the actor.

Cersei and Ser Robert/The Mountain, lets be honest, Arya won't be the one that dispatches these two.

Beric Dondarrion and Thoros, So if Stoneheart does show up(which I think she will, Michelle Fairley doesn't even need to be cast yet... they can show a hooded figure and then bring her back for Season 7) Beric should be dead, however it's entirely possible she catches up with Thoros...

Melisandre... I doubt it

So that leaves... Walder Frey...

Do you SERIOUSLY believe she is going to kill 3 of those people?

Well, "checking people off her list" doesn't necessarily mean she kills them. Their deaths would also remove them from her list.

They hit fast forward on her training in Episode 3. They could realistically have her on a boat before the end of this Sunday's episode.

Well, "checking people off her list" doesn't necessarily mean she kills them. Their deaths would also remove them from her list.

Don't see point 1 happening (she has ways to go in my opinion, even in show time... would take some really shitty writing to make that happen), but touche on the second. Didn't look at it that way.

mantidor

To be honest I thought Dany was going to win over the Dothdraki in episode 6 the earliest, so who knows, this season is moving insanely fast.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Has anyone gone through the trailers to find where
Arya is hiding
?
I went threw them and my best guesses are:

• the red woman who meets with Tyrion and Varys
  • one of Varys little birds who are stabbing someone in the trailer
  • whoever grabs Pod in the Riverlands in the traildr

I can't imagine that Arya doesn't end up in Mareen, Kinds Landing or the Riverlands by the end of the season.

To be honest I thought Dany was going to win over the Dothdraki in episode 6 the earliest, so who knows, this season is moving insanely fast.
Yeah, that was such a pleasant surprise. I expected her standing with everyone bowing to her while Drogon flys overhead to be her last scene of the season. Very excited to see how far this season takes us.

I went threw them and my best guesses are:

[*]
whoever grabs Pod in the Riverlands in the traildr
[/list]

I can't imagine that Arya doesn't end up in Mareen, Kinds Landing or the Riverlands by the end of the season.

i believe that
is bronn grabbing Pod in the trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom