• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigglepoo

So? People figured it out after the first book, and yet for some strange reason everyone still gets off on it, what's a few more months?

Exactly. They're telling a story. It's not just a matter of revealing plot twists or whatever. They just stoked the flames with the ToJ fight and now we're going to breathe, see what else Bran can find out about the world, put Jon in a position of leadership and power, and let the story develop naturally.

Turin

Banned
Neogiff has been so patient waiting for his Mace avatar. Only two more days.

tumblr_inline_moerls5MFf1qz4rgp.jpg

Forkball

They need to pump up the jams on Sam's story for sure. We gotta get the awkward homecoming and his arrival in Oldtown this season, plus him finding out things about dragons or whatever and possibly Euron's attack. I'm curious to know what Randyll Tarly's role in the show is. What's he going to do that's so important to the overall story this late in the show?

NSESN

They need to pump up the jams on Sam's story for sure. We gotta get the awkward homecoming and his arrival in Oldtown this season, plus him finding out things about dragons or whatever and possibly Euron's attack. I'm curious to know what Randyll Tarly's role in the show is. What's he going to do that's so important to the overall story this late in the show?

He has heartsbane, valyrian swords will be very important.

Might not just be the Tower of Joy?

Hopefully, they give young Ned some characterisation and give him further scenes. Maybe a scene with Benjen after the ToJ discovery? A further scene with Howland Reed.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic.

I would agree. Ep 6 will be ToJ conclusion and we get a sort of cliff hanger. How so? I don't know. Ep 10 will be Ned's homecoming and having to face Catelyn and Winterfell with his news.

ned will smuggle viserys and dany to essos

Isn't that someone else who brings them to Essos? I can't remember

Sean C

I would agree. Ep 6 will be ToJ conclusion and we get a sort of cliff hanger. How so? I don't know. Ep 10 will be Ned's homecoming and having to face Catelyn and Winterfell with his news.
Why would the show bother with the latter? The parentage revelation is the important part.

Why would the show bother with the latter? The parentage revelation is the important part.

Why would the show have "the promise" scene split into three different episodes? Can you think of what else they'll show young Ned doing? I haven't thought too much about it myself actually, that's why I said prob showing Ned arriving at Winterfell

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Why would the show have "the promise" scene split into three different episodes? Can you think of what else they'll show young Ned doing? I haven't thought too much about it myself actually, that's why I said prob showing Ned arriving at Winterfell
Episode 6 could go back to the Tourney at Harrenhal before episode 10 returning to the Tower of Joy for the conclusion.

Episode 6 could go back to the Tourney at Harrenhal before episode 10 returning to the Tower of Joy for the conclusion.

I'd be surprised if they do that given that they shoe-horned a description of that sequence into season 5.

Plus that's sort of the thing you should show before the ToJ, really. Setup Rhaegar + Lyanna > Ned finds Lyanna > Ned's promise. It's out of whack if you go Harrenhal (sS5) > ToJ > Harrenhal > ToJ. I sort of feel like anything is going to feel out of order now that they're already done the confrontation at the ToJ.

Sean C

The Tourney at Harrenhal would be way too expensive to stage for what is basically a bit of backstory, particularly as they've already described it.

Am I late to the party on the Sparrow discussions. I don't follow fan theories but this is more an observation. The militant faith thing feels like the Protestant movement/ Muenster rebellion. I'm waiting for the head sparrow to start saying it's OK to take multiple wives.

Its not really like the Reformation since for one, the High Septon doesn't appose him (since he IS the high septon). And two, he is not really advocating any radical new interpretation of church laws and dogma, just taking a very populist, anti-elite stance.

The High Sparrow is more like Savonarola, an Italian priest who took a populist stance and fought against the elite Italian families for control. Fun fact, in the recent Borgia TV series (not the Starz one, the other one) he was played by Iain Glen.

Sean C

We gotta get Rhaegar in a flashback eventually right? Maybe not this season, but he's too important to just never show.
It seems like they're covering Jon's birth without showing him. Other than that, the only notable thing I can think of relating to him would be his interest in prophecy, but the show has majorly cut down on prophecy.

ryseing

We gotta get Rhaegar in a flashback eventually right? Maybe not this season, but he's too important to just never show.

House of the Undying would have been the perfect opportunity but obviously the show went a different route. I certainly hope Rhaegar is shown but I'm not optimistic.

GRRM has already said they won't do that.

GRRM has said things that have not come true, so please don't squash all my hopes and dreams!

Ned starts walking up the tower and the stairs keep going up and around forever like Bowser's steps in Super Mario 64.

Yes and then Bran misses the birth, the promise, and the death entirely. He then emos out on three eyed raven and Bran wargs/flashes/teleports to that White Walker scene without him.

What the heck is this ability called anyways? Flashback? haha so generic if thats it

Turin

Banned
I don't think D&D's ready to deal with casting Rheagar or how to present him.

Ned starts walking up the tower and the stairs keep going up and around forever like Bowser's steps in Super Mario 64.

I have always imagined the Tower looking more cylindrical and pretty freaking tall. Then again, I think everything was bigger in my head.

There is kind of a basis for that though.

Apt101

What Bran is doing is most definitely the greensight. Hell, it's even detailed in the show wiki to a tee.

Show synopsis speculation:
"the hero" Jaime confronts might become obvious after the episode tomorrow or next week.

I really don't like how they stretch out important parts of narratives in little chunks every two to three episodes. Just fucking tell the story at a reasonable pace and you wouldn't have to keep reminding the viewers of what has been going on all season every episode.

Kozak

Banned
Wouldnt the hero that Jaime faces be Blackfish?

Especially if hes due to go to the riverlands at some point this season.

suzu

seems like one of those characters that would not translate very well on the screen. might as well have a blue bearded daario.

Not that I give a hoot about Rhaegar, but he's never described in a way that is even remotely as outlandish as book Daario. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom