• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the point of Three Eyes was to show Bran his abilities and one of them is that Bran can actually have a direct effect on the past. I'm sure it's not easy to do but...doesn't this essentially make Bran a god?

duckroll

I'm assuming thats how its gonna be. I hope we get all 13-14 episodes next year and they just extend the season 3 more weeks lol

I don't think they can do that because the contractual deal is for two more seasons. As in, HBO wants two more "seasons" from the team to get their money's worth.

I don't think they can do that because the contractual deal is for two more seasons. As in, HBO wants two more "seasons" from the team to get their money's worth.

Ah shit thats true. So I guess they will be splitting it in half then if there are only 13-14 episodes left per D&D.

Alot of stuff has to happen though.

Iksenpets

Banned
Speaking of next season, they've talked about how the last two seasons are going to be shorter (7 and 6 for a total of 13 or something like that), but does anyone know if they still plan on shooting them as separate seasons, or just shooting 13 episodes at one go to finish it up, while HBO airs them separately?

I think they're separate, because the whole point is that things are going to get so effects heavy and so focused on big set pieces that they'll need a full year just to film seven episodes.

studyguy

Somehow I expect the show to take Littlefinger from masterful stringpuller to cocking up everything vs more plot armored characters. We'll see though, the show has made him out to be way more obvious of a character. I expect him to dangle Robin on a string but maybe Sansa with slap some sense into the kid. Again.
TqIEnYB.gif

I don't even know how this is going to end do you think the white walkers will make it as far as Kings Landing by the end? If so the surely the big finale next season will be the Wall being destroyed or something like that you would have thought.

Bigfoot

Ah shit thats true. So I guess they will be splitting it in half then if there are only 13-14 episodes left per D&D.

Alot of stuff has to happen though.
Hopefully HBO forces them to do 10 and 10. I'm sure they could stretch it out and give us 6 more episodes than they want to make.

Are all of the COTF dead now? Were the four or five that died tonight the last of them? Or are we supposed to assume that there is more of them? Also, just curious, was the main forest child (The one who blew herself up) ever given a name?

On that, I was kind of disappointed that they killed her immediately after introducing some characterization. And I'm not just speaking on the whitewalker reveal, I thought her line towards Bran about the war with men was tinged with anger and I kinda wanted to see them explore that more. Wasn't meant to be I guess.

Nevertheless, really enjoyed this episode. First one that I plan to rewatch in forever.

Arkeband

Banned
So the point of Three Eyes was to show Bran his abilities and one of them is that Bran can actually have a direct effect on the past. I'm sure it's not easy to do but...doesn't this essentially make Bran a god?

He can't do anything that hasn't already happened. But he could have influenced any number of events, like the voice Varys heard, or the mad king's descent into madness (burn them all).

Some people are theorizing he could be R'hllor but that's a stretch, interacting with the past doesn't mean he can heal people or bring them back to life.

studyguy

Bran is probably gonna be asspull Jesus quite a few times. They wouldn't show him basically railroading Hodor's entire life and not have him be timewarp Jesus in at least one or two other instances.

He can't do anything that hasn't already happened. But he could have influenced any number of events, like the voice Varys heard, or the mad king's descent into madness (burn them all).

Some people are theorizing he could be R'hllor but that's a stretch, interacting with the past doesn't mean he can heal people or bring them back to life.

Yeah I kinda feel that yes Bran can go back and influence the past but all those event have already happened and whatever he tries to do to change things is what actually caused the things to happen in the first place, at least that's what I take from it. Only his actions now are uncertain unless there is a future Bran looking back at current events I think.

Yeah I kinda feel that yes Bran can go back and influence the past but all those event have already happened and whatever he tries to do to change things is what actually caused the things to happen in the first place, at least that's what I take from it. Only his actions now are uncertain unless there is a future Bran looking back at current events I think.

My own speculation:

Is the 3 eye raven not older Bran? Didn't he say "it is time for you to become me" but that would mean Bran would live to see old age, and then go back in time to do some weird time travel stuff that is too confusing to keep up with

Its probably going to be like BReaking Bad. Film the whole thing, then release like 7 episodes for S7 and then next year they do the same.

I highly doubt it. They always say that they can just barely get out 10 episodes in the time they have now so doing 13-14 episodes seems impossible. I think they will actually treat them as separate seasons.

My own speculation:

Is the 3 eye raven not older Bran? Didn't he say "it is time for you to become me" but that would mean Bran would live to see old age, and then go back in time to do some weird time travel stuff that is too confusing to keep up with

I think he meant in job only. Shif TER said he had been there for a loooooooooong time.

duckroll

I highly doubt it. They always say that they can just barely get out 10 episodes in the time they have now so doing 13-14 episodes seems impossible. I think they will actually treat them as separate seasons.

Shooting 13 episodes isn't the same as getting 13 episodes out though.

B0vBvJh.png

Shooting 13 episodes isn't the same as getting 13 episodes out though.

That's true but it's still hard for me to see them doing that. Especially with the chance of spoilers getting out. And we still don't know how many episodes it's gonna be. It can be 13 or it could be more.

Mr Git

Benjen will definitely show up next episode to save them, take it from me. Along with Gendry and Syrio. And Stannis

I really expected Benjen to be in the crowd of wights when Bran was walking around. Honestly I'm still surprised at how quickly Bran's storyline has moved on, maybe we will still get Coldhands otherwise those two are pretty fucked without Summer, Hodor and any of the COTF.

Also was a weird surprise seeing Kevin Eldon playing a mummer playing Ned.

Generally I did really enjoy this episode, it's just always disappointing when the show's action sequences come out really poorly, particularly when some like Hardhome and Blackwater are genuinely brilliant.

jett

D-Member
It is. Ned could have taken one, and Howland the other. It's not a new theory.

I'm pretty excited to see what this season ends up confirming by the end. I'm not all that excited that the Bastardbowl will apparently happen in
Episode 9 though.

duckroll

Yeah please, can we keep leak impressions out of here.

It kinda spoils the hype if people are saying the rest of the season is 'meh'.

One person's "meh" is another person's "hodor"!

But yeah, let's stop the leak shit before people get banned again. The Faceless Mods are always watching.

NeoGiff

Did I miss something? Why did the white walker shrug off the COTF's spear thrust, but Meera's throw immediately afterwards killed him?

Was the one the COTF used just a regular spear? If so, wtf was she thinking? Quite weird.

Did I miss something? Why did the white walker shrug off the COTF's spear thrust, but Meera's throw immediately afterwards killed him?

Was the one the COTF used just a regular spear? If so, wtf was she thinking? Quite weird.
This is just from my shitty memory but didn't COTF attack get blocked by armor?

Valyrian steel would get through the armor no prob but I guess obsidian isn't quite as OP.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

I took it as:
COTF jabbed at his chest, and didn't have enough power to go through his armor.
Meera tossed it and hit him in the throat/head, no armor.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I took it as:
COTF jabbed at his chest, and didn't have enough power to go through his armor.
Meera tossed it and hit him in the throat/head, no armor.

Yeah. Obsidian is pretty sharp, but also pretty fragile. It's not going to penetrate armor.

Same thing happened to Sam.

Great episode cause of the white walkers, we need them every episode. Still a lot of the usual show stupidity there.

The white Walker traveling is confusing as hell to me. So they are talking years to reach the wall but the second they get bran on their ice radar they basically teleport an entire army there. What is taking them so long.

My theory is that the night King is doing all the side quests in the north before going south. The night King is a completionist. I picture the conversations go like this:

""Sir can we move on with the main quests?"

"No I still have 3 bounties and 2 ice spider races to complete. Oh and our weekly reward for the crasters keep settlement is ready! One human baby! Better go back to the ice castle base to train him to be a future white Walker."

"Sir can we please use fast travel"

"No I don't want to miss any random quests that may pop up on the way"

The army is known to walk or run depending on its needs. For Hardhome they sprint off a cliff and all the way to the village so they probably were running for a while hence the snow storm caused by them all.

They were also shown to just be standing there in Bran's warging so chances are they're not like humans were they move around and prepare to fight but more like ice where they just stand there until they actually need to move.

My guess is they're waiting for winter to actually begin so for now they're just sitting, waiting, and if possible corralling new wrights.

The army is known to walk or run depending on its needs. For Hardhome they sprint off a cliff and all the way to the village so they probably were running for a while hence the snow storm caused by them all.

They were also shown to just be standing there in Bran's warging so chances are they're not like humans were they move around and prepare to fight but more like ice where they just stand there until they actually need to move.

My guess is they're waiting for winter to actually begin so for now they're just sitting, waiting, and if possible corralling new wrights.

I like side quests better. :p

NeoGiff

This is actually a good point, whether you intended to be serious or not. As a group, they don't seem to act in a stereotypical zombie herd fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom