• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

studyguy

tfw Snowpiercer and Game of Thrones share the same plot device

Hypetrains. Fuck yeah.

I bet Lyanna's death is Bran's fault.

What more can we pin on the kid?
Gonna have to go deeper till we see Bran setting off the whole incest bit between the siblings that set into motion his own fall off the tower. 'Listen Jaime, you can totally smash on your sister' Like Jedi mindtricks, but with more trees.

It's not even like the eye patch is something Euron wears for shit and giggles, it's actually vital to his character. He's called the Crow's Eye for the "evil eye" that he hides behind the patch, it's what made him unique. Now he's basically Iron Islander #15.

It's not even that they have something against eye patches, Beric Dondarrion had an eye patch in the show.
What happened to Dondarrion and the Brotherhood without Banners in the show? They just ceased to exist after season 3. I wish they were used more.

Gigglepoo

Wouldn't Euron believe that Dany already has ships? If he knew about her from his worldly travels, he would have been in Slaver's Bay before her ships were burned. God that story sucks! D&D should have just cut out the Iron Born and Dorne completely and focus on what's working. Give those extra scenes to Sam!

RedShift

here's my prediction: episode 9 or maybe 10 has the end of the whole tower of joy bit. plays out pretty much exactly how you would think, promise me ned etc., and then the baby is a girl.

I still think Dany and Jon are twins. Calling it now, that'll be the big reveal, R+L=J+D.

Wouldn't Euron believe that Dany already has ships? If he knew about her from his worldly travels, he would have been in Slaver's Bay before her ships were burned. God that story sucks! D&D should have just cut out the Iron Born and Dorne completely and focus on what's working. Give those extra scenes to Sam!

I want to know more about baby Sam! And I don't mean his fat pink mast.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I'd love it if the Riverrun thread introduces us to Lady Stone-heart. I mean, come on. That reveal was awesome in the books.

I'd love it if the Riverrun thread introduces us to Lady Stone-heart. I mean, come on. That reveal was awesome in the books.

So glad they dropped Lady Stoneheart. I wasn't a fan of that plotline.

Also in regards to the White Walker transformation: I wonder if they need the stones AND the trees. And I wonder if Night King duder can create more, or if he's just using the same army initially created.

Night King duder also isn't in the books yet right?

Trasher

Speaking of blood magic Jorah is totally getting Victarion's bloody lava arm isn't he?

Seems like it. It's weird though because it feels like Yara is getting some of Vic's story as well. Maybe there's a huge hybrid thing going on with Jorah/Connington/Vic/Yara lol.

CloudWolf

It was long speculated that the Nights King would be involved with The Others, but nothing specific. I doubt the Night's King is going to be the leader in the books, since The Others were already around when the Night's King was killed/disappeared and this episode implies that the show Night's King was the first one.

Seems like it. It's weird though because it feels like Yara is getting some of Vic's story as well. Maybe there's a huge hybrid thing going on with Jorah/Connington/Vic/Yara lol.
Maybe Theon will get a bloody lava cock.

Speevy

Banned
Speculation

They keep bringing up the Manderlys on the show. Is this house on the show or are they not?

This is the one thing that no one has leaked.

gazele

Banned
So glad they dropped Lady Stoneheart. I wasn't a fan of that plotline.

Also in regards to the White Walker transformation: I wonder if they need the stones AND the trees. And I wonder if Night King duder can create more, or if he's just using the same army initially created.

Wasn't there a scene showing the Night King turning one of Craster's babies into a White walker?

CloudWolf

"The Great Other" is mentioned many times but hasn't been seen yet in the books. Though we do not know at the moment if the two are one in the same.

"The Great Other" is a god, isn't he? The Others are his followers if Melisandre is to be believed. Of course, this may be more complicated if the Children of the Forest created the Others, but we'll see.

dabig2

Honestly, that only really worked for me in the book cause I was still extremely hot over the Red Wedding. So having that as an epilogue with her and the BWB fucking up Freys for the forseeable future was legitimately awesome and made me pretty excited. It's already been about 3 years since the RW on the show and the Riverlands has barely existed since, so it won't have the same impact.

Did they say he was heading to the Eyrie or someplace in that last vision?

The last vision was Rickard sending young Ned off to the Vale to be fostered by Jon Arryn with Robert B.

bitbydeath

Hold+the+door_143733_5927224mobile.jpg

Speevy

Banned
"I was visiting Naath yesterday. The Knights of the Vale were camped in old Valyria.

Before long, we'll make our way to Dorne and invade Skaagos."

-Thoughts of Telefinger

dabig2

Did we know this before from anything in the books? I can't remember.

We don't see the scene like we did yesterday, but we know from the 1st book on that Ned and Robert were both fostered sometime during their youth at the Vale with Jon Arryn. Ned and others talked about it a lot. It's how they became good friends and it's actually a big key point for Robert's Rebellion. Arryn refused to give up his vassals, Ned and Robert, when the Mad King Aerys demanded their deaths.

Nodnol

Couple of things, having watched it a few more times (I never do this, it's normally very digestible, but this week was special).

I see the Kingsmoot being picked part. Whilst I get how underwhelming it may be, consider:

- Euron says he paid the iron price when referring to Balon's death. All this mockery of kingslaying...is it not legitimized in their society, that by seizing the salt throne by force he is being true to their nature? A messy road to go down I know.

- Euron says they stole their best/fastest ships. It's not totally obvious if the fleet that's anchored offshore is all being hijacked. It seems more plausible that Yara and Theon have commandeered a few vessels rather than an entire fleet. After all, we've only seen them flee with enough men for what, two, maybe three, ships?

Bran:

- All the hate for Bran...I think falls on the Three Eyed Raven. Firstly, he's a shit greenseer, and should have been the Night King coming. Secondly, he rushes the last lesson with Bran.

I think he knows he needs Bran to "create" Hodor, and so pushes him. He tells him to listen to Meera, and I think it's been established his season that Bran is still learning, is naive and doesn't fully understand his powers, or the role he will play. Does beg the question, if TER knows Bran needs Hodor to Hodor, then he surely knows about the impending attack? After all, he told Bran, along with Leaf, that he won't be at the tree forever, but also tells Bran that he needs to become/replace him. Just where the hell does Bran fit into this going forward? He wargs into Weirdeood.net without touching the tree, and continues to interact/witness the past without any physical contact, so as I joked in my initial reaction, he's installed a wifi adapter and can now pick up hotspots, I guess. At least we should see the ToJ conclusion, but I wonder where else it's heading.

Every other character and their build up this season, you can see the broad strokes of what's to come. With Bran, and the can of worms opened this week, I have no idea whTs in store. I do doubt, however, that they'll avoid fucking about with the history of the world and we won't have any weird time loops or restarts or Bran becoming Bran the Builder or TER. That just seems TOO messy in a show that's trying to be concise and has been constantly trimming the fat.

Madness

So I saw next week's preview.

Does it seem like Meera and Bran are being moved super fast? Almost as if their sleigh was attached to an Elk or someone with a horse taking them. No way she is running that fast with Bran. But why was she apologizing?

The thing I don't understand is - why was it such a big deal for Bran to travel to TER - dude died before Bran learned anything really actionable? He knows why Hodor is named Hodor, that the now defunct Cotf created the white walkers, and that his dad actually was not the hero he thought he was..

Congrats, I guess? Or is it just about learning to see in the past? (and why the hell is it called flying?)

Madness

Yup, for all his greenseeing, three eyed raven was a moron. What is better for Bran to learn, that Ned wasn't as honorable as he remembered or that the Children created the white walkers.

Nodnol

I see people are looking into every possible scene Bran might have an influence over.

What do we think; Ned, in his final moments, hears Bran, much like he supposedly does at Wintefell, whilst cleaning Ice? How sad would that be, for Bran to witness his father's death, and offers him words of comfort in his last few seconds?

Speevy

Banned
The thing I don't understand is - why was it such a big deal for Bran to travel to TER - dude died before Bran learned anything really actionable? He knows why Hodor is named Hodor, that the now defunct Cotf created the white walkers, and that his dad actually was not the hero he thought he was..

Congrats, I guess? Or is it just about learning to see in the past? (and why the hell is it called flying?)

Next week, he will warg into the guy who starts playing The Rains of Castamere at the red wedding and play the Stark theme instead.

Sean C

They're not omnipotent, they're just very good at their job.
If they want you dead, you die. There is no way of avoiding being killed by them, as far as we know.

The price they charge is not meant to be an excuse of why they cannot be used, but rather an indication of their philosophy on the world.
The one does not debar the other. This is a series about violent political intrigue; a group as effective as the Faceless Men would solve pretty much all the conflicts if the main characters could afford the cost of using them. Robert would have hired them to kill Dany, for instance, whereas Littlefinger insisted that would cost too much in canon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom