• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Feels like a huge foreshadowing of Cersei losing that trial by combat happened today.
Somethings clearly up. They've name dropped the trial too many times for it to go well. But Cersei losing is also what everyone expects so i'm betting on some kind of other swerve.

- So Benjen is clearly taking Coldhands' role here. Which is funny after that theory got explicitly shot down for the books, they make it real for the show. Benjen feeding Bran blood has some eerie parellels to some of the book stuff where Coldhands feeds Bran what is clearly human meat, and the Jojenpaste stuff. Preparing him for Meerapaste? Also the dragon glass stuff seems like kind of a big reveal? It's not just a weapon but a vaccine?
Yeah this is interesting and obviously still pretty ambiguous at this point. Dragonglass is both the source and undoing of the White Walkers power.
I haven't felt like this for years, but I am starting to think that Lady Stoneheart might actually show up.
I've been in camp "it's not happening" since it didn't happen at the end of s3 (and personally I think it's the right decision), but yeah...I kinda wouldn't be totally blown away if it happens at this point. They've set up every book element that's present in the Riverlands plot after this episode.

Kerned

Banned
Somethings clearly up. They've name dropped the trial too many times for it to go well. But Cersei losing is also what everyone expects so i'm betting on some kind of other swerve.

Yeah, it might not go her way, but it also won't go the way anyone expects.

Gvitor

In this episode they basically confirmed a bunch of theories from the books and put some characters in the path they are in the books as well, lol. Too late for some of those, I'm afraid.

And I'm positve they're doing stoneheart now, which I hate, because they had 2 perfect opportunities for doing that, in s3 and s4's finale.

They sent Brienne to the wall and Jaime to Dorne, possibly the most distant locations within Westeros, only to have them back to Riverrun at the same time, all while mentioning the brotherhood without banners in the same episode, in a season where a ressurection already happened to ease up the next one. It's goddamn happening.

Kerned

Banned
I've been in camp "it's not happening" since it didn't happen at the end of s3 (and personally I think it's the right decision), but yeah...I kinda wouldn't be totally blown away if it happens at this point. They've set up every book element that's present in the Riverlands plot after this episode.

Yeah, it's the sheer amount of Riverlands plot that seems to be conspicuously showing up all at once. Combined with the resurrection elements from earlier in the season, it all makes me wonder.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I haven't gone back to check to see if anyone made any "Bran's binge watching GOT" comments/jokes.

Matticers

I was hoping for Stoneheart last week after they mentioned Brienne going to the riverlands but I'm not convinced it will happen. Even with the BWB name drop after that. I just think we would have heard some kind of leak about Michelle Fairley filming if it was happening. They couldn't possibly keep that a total secret, can they? And they definitely wouldn't get some other actress instead, right? That would be really stupid.

If it does happen, I think it'll be the season finale "oh shit" moment.

munchie64

This thread... may actually like this episode more than the other? Granted more people are posting there so it's always gonna move a bit quicker.

Hell yes. Buy A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms. It's all 3 D&E stories collected together along with some illustrations.

Quick reads and I enjoyed them. Can listen to them on audiobook too.

Yes. I haven't read them in awhile, but the first story, at least, I think is as good as anything you'll find in the main books. I didn't quite like the second two as much, but they're still good.

Bought!

Also I just had a thought: The waif seems to have a vendetta against Arya, and in doing so is showing that she is not faceless... she totally has her own identity. Wouldn't that be frowned upon?

I must be in minority thinking that if they do Stoneheart I feel now is the best time rather than season 4.

I think it balances out the Jon returning. Now that he is alive and pretty much unchanged I feel like there needs to be something to show that resurrection can be risky business and shouldn't be done lightly.

What I honestly would have preferred was Jon being changed for the worse.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The thing about Sam taking the sword: Makes any long term stay at Oldtown pretty stupid. With it implied there are so few of these swords left, that they are now centerpiece fragments of Houses, no way Randyll will just accept it's theft, especially by the person he hates the most.

Though, it is nice to see some other people continue to deny the existence of the WW. Just more fun time to take in once the shit hits the fan (eventually).

jaekeem

I must be in minority thinking that if they do Stoneheart I feel now is the best time rather than season 4.

I think it balances out the Jon reveal. Now that he is alive and pretty much unchanged I feel like there needs to be something to show that resurrection can be risky business and shouldn't be done lightly.

Ya, it would be epic now.

Sansa and Jaime heading to the area; freys to kill. My body is ready.

Kerned

Banned

I think it balances out the Jon returning. Now that he is alive and pretty much unchanged I feel like there needs to be something to show that resurrection can be risky business and shouldn't be done lightly.

No, I don't disagree necessarily.

If they did it earlier, what would they have had her doing for the past two seasons? Just stalk around being morose and killing low-level Freys? That's boring as hell.

Invictus

Banned
I'm starting to believe last seasons quality may have been the writers waiting for grrm to release his book. So many reveals this season and almost nothing last season except hardhome? I imagine if that was the case d&d must have been pissed to spin their wheels for a season for a book that never even came out. Maybe I'm wrong, but it sure would explain a lot.

Speevy

Banned
I'm starting to believe last seasons quality may have been the writers waiting for grrm to release his book. So many reveals this season and almost nothing last season except hardhome? I imagine if that was the case d&d must have been pissed to spin their wheels for a season for a book that never even came out. Maybe I'm wrong, but it sure would explain a lot.

This season is full of forward-moving stories. I'll give it that.

carlsojo

No question at this point in my mind.

I mean it will make so much sense. Cersei is going to roll up with the zombie mountain and be like LOOK AT HOW AWESOME HE IS. The Sparrow in contrast will be like well I found but a humble gravedigger to fight your monster.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
They keep name-dropping the trial because a certain gravedigger is going to show up to fight for the Faith.
lglRtEm.png

Kerned

Banned
I mean it will make so much sense. Cersei is going to roll up with the zombie mountain and be like LOOK AT HOW AWESOME HE IS. The Sparrow in contrast will be like well I found but a humble gravedigger to fight your monster.

Yeah exactly, it's honestly perfect. If the book doesn't do it the exact same way then it would be fucking up.

Jarmel

Banned
The pacing of so many of the subplots feels like the writers said, "Fuck it, let's wrap this shit up". The conclusions just seem so rushed for example the Arya stuff. While it's nice for that to be finally moving, the reasoning for it is fairly weak. It just makes the whole thing come off as a waste of time.

As for Jaime, it's clear they have no fucking clue what to do with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom