• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Massa

Didn't Walder say he has 10x more men than Blackfish? I would assume it's almost impossible the twins would fall to blackfish.

Sansa is supposed to not trust Littlefinger, Maybe he has Bolton men at Moat Cailin.

I think you're getting ahead of things there. Sansa was told her uncle controls Riverrun but she doesn't trust LF. She sent a trusted knight to verify that information and gather his support, that's it.

We know from the books that he can't possibly help her, and that the reason Brienne was sent there is a different one. I wonder if anyone in the other thread made the connection between Brienne and Jaime both going to the same place.

Damerman

I think you're getting ahead of things there. Sansa was told her uncle controls Riverrun but she doesn't trust LF. She sent a trusted knight to verify that information and gather his support, that's it.

We know from the books that he can't possibly help her, and that the reason Brienne was sent there is a different one. I wonder if anyone in the other thread made the connection between Brienne and Jaime both going to the same place.
Im having trouble remembering the utlimatum she had with LSH.

i wanted to die when she said this

that whole scene felt like something out of a mid-2000s roleplaying forum where everyone tries too hard to be the main character lmfao

I legit looked at HD and had to hold back laughing while cringing. That paired with the "brb gonna get my dragon" moment was too much for me to handle.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
That is how she should've won over the dothraki though imo. Being captured but having drogon come in and killing a good chunk of them before they yield or her riding him or something.

The burning hut scene just doesn't do it for me. Dothraki respect power. What's more powerful than Drogon? Why wouldn't they freak out and call her Maegi when she steps out of a burning hut, but respect her power as a rider when she rides a dragon?

Ithil

Gotta say it's funny how Jaime is literally at the exact opposite stage in regards to Cersei now that he is in the book.

"I must be here for your trial!" vs "Fuck her, I'm not helping".

Speevy

Banned
Gotta say it's funny how Jaime is literally at the exact opposite stage in regards to Cersei now that he is in the book.

Well, the Lannisters basically have no power in the show now, so they had to give Cersei an ally.

This whole King's Landing scenario is coming off as one of those romantic comedy tropes where characters just having a simple conversation would solve everything.

Margaery: "I'm not REALLY a sparrow. I just wanted to get free. I know where they're keeping Loras, so let's send some men to help him escape."
Tommen: "Oh, well in that case, let's remove them from power."
Cersei: "Agreed."
Olenna: "Suits me."
Jaime: "I like it."
Mace: "Madness has had its day!"

Does Jaime even know she cheated on him? I feel like in the show he's heard the charge and thinks it's bullshit cause he doesn't trust anything the High Sparrow is doing. If he met up with Lancel though...

It's the only way I can make sense of his character right now

Speevy

Banned
Does Jaime even know she cheated on him? I feel like in the show he's heard the charge and thinks it's bullshit cause he doesn't trust anything the High Sparrow is doing. If he met up with Lancel though...

Well he's been repeating dialogue from season 1 for three seasons now.

Brakke

Banned
That is how she should've won over the dothraki though imo. Being captured but having drogon come in and killing a good chunk of them before they yield or her riding him or something.

The burning hut scene just doesn't do it for me. Dothraki respect power. What's more powerful than Drogon? Why wouldn't they freak out and call her Maegi when she steps out of a burning hut, but respect her power as a rider when she rides a dragon?

Yep it totally makes sense in the context of her winning the loyalty of a horde she has a tenuous hold on, that don't know her at all. It's just kind of exasperating that yet again Dany is huffing and puffing.

Like I get it given that she has this new horde; but I kind of wish her story hadn't put her in the position of needing a new horde like this.

Benjen's return sure felt anti-climactic, feels like the writers are just working down a checklist of unresolved plot points now that they don't have to follow the books as directly anymore.

It doesn't have to feel climactic. In the grand scheme of things, it's not a huge deal at all, and they were right to not treat it as one.

Raynes

It's disgraceful the show hasn't addressed. D&D: Let's have more stupid cheesy unnecessary Dany moments instead to take our dumb viewers mind's off it.

Speevy

Banned
Yep it totally makes sense in the context of her winning the loyalty of a horde she has a tenuous hold on, that don't know her at all. It's just kind of exasperating that yet again Dany is huffing and puffing.

Like I get it given that she has this new horde; but I kind of wish her story hadn't put her in the position of needing a new horde like this.

"You are all my khalisar! By the way, no more keeping people as slaves. You totally don't do that anymore. The rape and killing of innocent people that you're known for, let's refrain from that. WHO'S WITH ME?"

Lautaro

Now that he's going back to the Riverlands I imagine he could be informed of Cersei cheating, it would still feel forced but he's still in time of abandoning her.

Massa

Now that he's going back to the Riverlands I imagine he could be informed of Cersei cheating, it would still feel forced but he's still in time of abandoning her.

It would make no sense for show-Jaime to abandon show-Cersei right now. "Yep, our dad and two of our three kids were murdered, but you slept with Lancel years ago? I hate you now, bye".

Mad Max Fury Road is the Daenerys Targaryen of movies tho

Futurama_fry_looking_squint2.jpg

Betty

Banned
Mad Max Fury Road is the Daenerys Targaryen of movies tho

It's the Brienne of Tarth & Jamie from the books of movies actually.

Terminator Genisys is the Daenerys Targaryen of movies.

LSH is not gonna be on the show people.

Ban me if I'm wrong.

Brotherhood of Banners name drop? Check

Jamie going to Riverrun? Check

The Frey's being brought back, hated as ever? Check.

Brienne on her way to Riverrun? Check

People coming back from the dead by magic? Double check

That ban is a lock.

Lothar

Banned

He already knows. That's what she's on trial for. He just doesn't care in the show.

Can't wait for her bloodriders to freeze to death in the North.

Will be waiting awhile then. When Dany lands she will either be south of Kings Landing or will land in Kings Landing directly. Will be quite awhile before they decide to go North, if they ever do.

I remember when things actually happened on this show.

The only reason I'm still watching is because my wife does. Otherwise I would have dropped it two seasons ago.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

She needs Cavalry to counter the knights, just like the unsullied and mercenaries are her foot soldiers and her fleet is coming to her via the Greyjoys.

If she didn't have some sort of mounted force they'd be decimated, it's just medieval warfare.

dubq

The only reason I'm still watching is because my wife does. Otherwise I would have dropped it two seasons ago.

The shit are you talking about? So much has been happening this season.

cyba89

I really can't understand the complaint that nothing is happening this season. And I'm trying hard to understand this sentiment.

Lautaro

Just say you don't enjoy it. Saying that nothing happens is just straight up lying.

CassSept

Pretty damn good episode, I'm really liking this season outside Dorne (which had been conveniently missing for a while now), Iron Islands (which are neutered beyond recognition) and Daenerys (who had just kept on shouting how fearsome she is every few episodes for the last few seasons). It's far removed from the books and there is some jank, but hey, at least it's enjoyable. Much better than Season 5.

I'm really curious as to where they are taking the Faith storyline. High Sparrow won for now (that smirk!) and I'm pretty sure Margaery is conning everyone, Tommen is possibly on it too, who knows. The more important thing is, we're very much nearing the endgame. As far as we know we're 20 episode tops from the series finale so I wonder how it's gonna unfold.

Casting staying on top of it's game (well, shame about Euron), Randyll was just perfect for such a minor character.

No Ramsay's antics for once was a nice change of pace too.

E: Oh and I'm really liking seeing how the events in Westeros are interpreted overseas, dumb Ned unsuccessfully seizing the crown and poor Joffrey dying as his poor mother watches on in horror.

Joni

Will be waiting awhile then. When Dany lands she will either be south of Kings Landing or will land in Kings Landing directly. Will be quite awhile before they decide to go North, if they ever do.
If I wasn't patient, I would have been an idiot in starting the books.

Wray

Not sure if this has been talked about yet but did anybody notice from the previews next week that Asha and Theon are in Volantis?

There is a shot that clearly shows a ship with the kraken sigil docked next to the great bridge of Volantis.

Azzanadra

Not sure if this has been talked about yet but did anybody notice from the previews next week that Asha and Theon are in Volantis?

There is a shot that clearly shows a ship with the kraken sigil docked next to the great bridge of Volantis.

I think we pretty much knew this by last episode. They are pretty much going to be Dany's deus ex machina to Westeros. Which makes me question, what exactly is the point of Euron this late in the story? Especially because he is so half-assed in the show... whereas from what I have read of the summary of the new Aeron chapter, Euron continues to be amazing.

Like how did they botch his character SO badly?! With the material they had to work with, actual effort was needed to make him as generic as the show portrayed him.

I don't know why people keep hating on the Sam scene. I thought the new cast members killed it.

For real! Sam's scenes were fantastic--I was so happy that Gilly was able to do something other than ask questions or look dumbfounded. That entire sequence was spectacular and a highlight of this season.

Unfortunately, Kevan is no Tywin... FeelsBadMan

Dude just standing behind Tommen hanging on his every word when Jaime got released

Yeah, I kept waiting for Kevan to interject or give some kind of look, but he was just straight up "Okay, I'm going along with all of this, sure".

I loved everything about the episode except for the snore-inducing Dany scene at the end. I was on-board with her burning the Khals in episode 4, but I'm getting tired of scenes like this by now.

For real! Sam's scenes were fantastic--I was so happy that Gilly was able to do something other than ask questions or look dumbfounded. That entire sequence was spectacular and a highlight of this season.

Yeah, it was really spectacular. A great continuation of his character arc.

So, Brienne and Jaime both heading to Riverrun huh?

Is it finally happening?

Yes. Get hyped

Vire

I think we pretty much knew this by last episode. They are pretty much going to be Dany's deus ex machina to Westeros. Which makes me question, what exactly is the point of Euron this late in the story? Especially because he is so half-assed in the show... whereas from what I have read of the summary of the new Aeron chapter, Euron continues to be amazing.

Like how did they botch his character SO badly?! With the material they had to work with, actual effort was needed to make him as generic as the show portrayed him.

Let's go murder my niece and nephew line was so bad... Don't know how that made it into the script.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom