• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I read a speculation that the Arya being stabbed by the Waif is actually Jaqen in disguise.

What made the scene strange was that Arya was not staying inconspicuous and that she did not have Needle with her. It's likely that Jaqen impersonated Arya to test the Waif's reliability (he did tell her to give Arya a quick death) The Waif's failure may suggest that Jaqen will help Arya.

It sounds plausible, or perhaps Arya was just having a derp moment.
How can Jaqen be Arya without having her face?

duckroll

Are we expected to believe that Arya, who has never beaten the waif in a fight, who failed in all her training, and who is now trying to bail out and return to Westeros, who is now mortally wounded and bleeding to death, is going to somehow lure the waif into a closed environment, and somehow defeat her with Needle?

I don't know where this plotline is going, but that would be really ridiculous!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I read a speculation that the Arya being stabbed by the Waif is actually Jaqen in disguise.

What made the scene strange was that Arya was not staying inconspicuous and that she did not have Needle with her. It's likely that Jaqen impersonated Arya to test the Waif's reliability (he did tell her to give Arya a quick death) The Waif's failure may suggest that Jaqen will help Arya.

It sounds plausible, or perhaps Arya was just having a derp moment.

Show Arya is just stupid.

Are we expected to believe that Arya, who has never beaten the waif in a fight, who failed in all her training, and who is now trying to bail out and return to Westeros, who is now mortally wounded and bleeding to death, is going to somehow lure the waif into a closed environment, and somehow defeat her with Needle?

I don't know where this plotline is going, but that would be really ridiculous!

I wont be surprised if Arya wins and offers the other girl face to assassin Jesus and rejoin the faceless assassins

Madness

I think the final shots of this season will be Dany sailing to Westeros with Theon and Yara and the dragons flying overhead while the Night King shatters the wall with his earthquake and the wight army streams into the North en masse and hopefully Jon and Sansa literally see the blizzard or winds of winter coming from the height of Winterfell or something.

Didn't like this episode too much. Invested ao much into the characters 2 minute clips no longer pay off. I thought the Hound arc was solid. Clegane bowl definitely a go but I think he's going to destroy the BwB.

Kozak

Banned
Don't really know what to expect.

I do know that the Waif is screwed. Jaqen said to not make her suffer. The type of blows she inflicted on Arya were definitely not insta kills.

Read this interesting comment:

"Or she was using a bag of stage blood inside her shirt with leather armor underneath and is acting injured. The whole thing seemed like she was playing a role there, the role being the waif's victim."

Now that would be fucking cool!

duckroll

Okay, if the entire thing is staged to draw the waif into a trap, and if the trap itself is convincing enough that I don't think Arya's victory is total bullshit, that would be well played. Could definitely be possible.

mcfrank

Okay, if the entire thing is staged to draw the waif into a trap, and if the trap itself is convincing enough that I don't think Arya's victory is total bullshit, that would be well played. Could definitely be possible.

She was trying to let as many people as possible see her injured.

rashbeep

Banned

I hope this is true so her Braavos arc wasn't a complete waste of time.

I do know that the Waif is screwed. Jaqen said to not make her suffer. The type of blows she inflicted on Arya were definitely not insta kills.

"Or she was using a bag of stage blood inside her shirt with leather armor underneath and is acting injured. The whole thing seemed like she was playing a role there, the role being the waif's victim."

That sounds the most believeable. That would be pretty fucking cool tbh.

Iksenpets

Banned
The blood-bag trap theory seems... wishful. Plus, you would think the waif would know the feel of stabbing into actual flesh and would have been able to tell that she didn't actually cut through. And why would Arya be so confident she'd go for the gut?

Until proven otherwise I think Arya was just stabbed because the writers wanted the most over the top dramatic reprisal from the Faceless Men they could think of without killing Arya.

Speevy

Banned
Bran is controlling Jaqen so he will face-change into Arya and trick the Waif, but this will cause him to think about the person who originally had Jaqen's face. Bran will look into the past and find original Jaqen. He will whisper the name "Arya." into the time vortex so that original Jaqen repeats it just as faceless man is about to kill him. Faceless man hears it, and begins a lifelong mission to find this "Arya" and sets the events of the show in motion. Meanwhile, it is revealed that the Waif has actually been resurrected by a red priestess, which faceless man Jaqen takes to mean Arya owes a life to pay for her life. After Arya walks around bleeding for a life, she collapses and dies, but her soul enters Nymeria. Unfortunately, Nymeria is also dead, so her soul enters the Waif, who facechanges into Arya.

a916

I wont be surprised if Arya wins and offers the other girl face to assassin Jesus and rejoin the faceless assassins

Why though, would undermine her arc this about how she's Ayra Stark and not some faceless person who kills people for no reason.

Jaqen did say, one way or another, a face will be added.

Cersi was fuming, and Olenna is just so good. Glad that the Hound is back. And Arya is naive as shit, she should have been very careful especially when she knows that they can change faces.

NeoGiff

Guys, this is the same storyline that cut to a wide shot set up for the specific and exclusive purpose of showing Meryn Trant's throat being cut, when the emphasis of the scene should have been on Arya as a character.

Nothing matters, as long as we have BLOOD.

Kozak

Banned
I want to comment on how amazing the whole Riverrun scene was.

From Jaime strutting in and making the Frey's seem pathetic, to Blackfish meeting Jaime and making Jaime seem pathetic.

That really wrapped things up nicely for Jaime to me. I do hope he meets his end at Riverrun cause I don't want the Blackfish to lose.

Was the blood bag thing already established, like, did the actors use it on stage?

No. The acting was established.

Nope. Personally, I can't believe people are even entertaining the idea.

You're telling me that she's not dead because she can take a few blows and a twist to the gut and thats that? Try and entertain yourself. You might enjoy the show more :p

Speevy

Banned
I want to comment on how amazing the whole Riverrun scene was.

From Jaime strutting in and making the Frey's seem pathetic, to Blackfish meeting Jaime and making Jaime seem pathetic.

That really wrapped things up nicely for Jaime to me. I do hope he meets his end at Riverrun cause I don't want the Blackfish to lose.

You think the Blackfish is going to win with 300 men.

RaidenZR

That sounds the most believeable. That would be pretty fucking cool tbh.

Man, what?

The show didn't set up that in any way. This is just the "I don't want Arya to have gotten stabbed" feels talking.

Not defending the progression of this Arya in Braavos stuff, I just don't think this is how it's going to be resolved. Fake blood would be completely out of thin air. Keep in mind they didn't use "stage" blood in the play. They used cloth and sewn tubings to do guts when King Robert was killed.

And really, the way the scene was shot with her holding her gut bleeding, walking the streets, did not suggest anything other than panic and desperation. She looked in pain, afraid and fucked.

Speevy

Banned
So is Margaery pretending to be loyal to the faith to protect her brother or so she can strike against them?

It just doesn't make any sense and they've run out of time to explain it.

jdstorm

Banned
Getting more troops, that of course makes sense... But she's asking Little Finger? Is it really plausible that Little Finger will simply do it "for nothing"? If Sansa entangles Jon w/LF, and Jon is oblivious to such (by her own doing), she seems to be setting the stage for him to exploit the trust gap he created between both of them (which still doesn't seem logical).

Except little finger needs Sansa. If anything happens to Rickon Stark or Edmure Tulley a wedded Sansa would be the rightful heir to 2 of the 7 kingdoms ( 3 with marriage)
Little finger wants to be king and Sansa is his best chance. If he helps her overthrow the boltons, she owes him

Kozak

Banned
You think the Blackfish is going to win with 300 men.

Depends on how good his men are I suppose.

Man, what?

The show didn't set up that in any way. This is just the "I don't want Arya to have gotten stabbed" feels talking.

Not defending the progression of this Arya in Braavos stuff, I just don't think this is how it's going to be resolved. Fake blood would be completely out of thin air. Keep in mind they didn't use "stage" blood in the play. They used cloth and sewn tubings to do guts when King Robert was killed.

I don't understand the outrage haha.

Plus I don't think anyone cares Arya is stabbed.

Thats the main issue with that scene. She got stabbed a few times and was strong enough to jump, swim and walk around town.

We all know she's not dying. So we're left guessing whats happened.

It fills in the time until next ep.

So is Margaery pretending to be loyal to the faith to protect her brother or so she can strike against them?

My impression was, "we're fucked. I'm still loyal to our house but please understand, we're fucked"

Moff

and she knew she would stab here right there? did she war a full body suit of blood bags? around her neck as well?
I'm really curious where this is going, I hope it's not dumb.

easily the worst episode of the season so far, it wasn't bad though.
the septon was disappoiting, it's cool to have the blackfish, bronn and the hound back. but apart from that this was the most build up episode this season. mormont girl was cool I guess.

Iksenpets

Banned

I'm not sure she really has a plan. I think she's just surrendered and is trying to keep everyone safe. If she had a plan to end all this I don't think she would have told Olenna to leave.

Also, what is Kevan doing in all of this? Kevan doesn't seem like he would be one to take all this nonsense from Tommen, and if he gave the order I would think the Lannister troops would listen to him over Tommen, but he's just sort of letting it all happen.

Jarmel

Banned
Those last five or so minutes were all levels of shit.

Arya didn't learn jackshit during her training. Then we have the Hound who didn't hear a goddamn massacre despite it having a few hundred yards at most away.

What the fuck.

I think she's playing for time and trying to de-escalate the situation. Her not sleeping with Tommen is probably another clue. Get a bunch of players out of Kings Landing, let Cersei's trial by combat continue and let those chips fall where they may, get her brother back to Highgarden, maybe get the Sparrows to go out in the world on a crusade or whatever to depopulate them in KL. Now she can use sex on Tommen and get him to slowly bend to her will, without a million other influences on him.

In any other scenario it probably leads to her brother dead, her grandma dead, her house in tatters, possibly her dead, KL in ruins, and the Kingdom basically shattered.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with her and Cersei, I think one of them will end up dead and I don't think it looks good for Queen Margey.

RaidenZR

Those last five or so minutes were all levels of shit.

Arya didn't learn jackshit during her training. Then we have the Hound who didn't hear a goddamn massacre despite it having a few hundred yards at most away.

What the fuck.

That bugged me a little. He would have heard/felt running horses at the least.

jerry113

Banned
lol

cJKaZSh.jpg

NeoGiff

It may be only tits and dragons, but Ian McShane is an incredible actor nonetheless. It's a pity he had hardly any material to work with (what he did have, though, he played wonderfully).

I don't care how ridiculous the logic would be, but if Arya's entire arc this season ended up being a switcheroo, with she and Jaqen actually testing the Waif, it'd be hilarious.

Speevy

Banned
There has to be another scene where the High Sparrow lets on that he knows what Margaery is doing, and it has been part of his plan all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom