• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

bitbydeath

Most of westeros worship the seven gods which I believe also includes Dorne.

The Starks speak of the old gods and new.
The new is the 7 and the old gods is what the 'real' northerners worship. (Wildlings and Forest children).

I think... Someone correct me if I am wrong

Speevy

Banned
I think they need Sansa dead before the end and they're going to make her an insufferable, unreasonable bitch to accomplish that goal.

George R.R. Martin wrote a story about how a man was stabbed to death and resurrected by an evil sorceress so he could kill all the ice zombies and discover his royal heritage.

It wasn't stupid until it happened.

At a certain point, the series is still a fantasy series despite George's subversion of many of the genre's clichés.

Gigglepoo

I think they need Sansa dead before the end and they're going to make her an insufferable, unreasonable bitch to accomplish that goal.

Making her suddenly useless and secretly scheming this episode certainly helped. Shame because her character had come so far this season.

HMD

Generally Dorne follows the seven or are thought to but there's no particularly strong religious characters from there as far as I can remember. Some of the Dornish population descend from refugees from Essos and believe in different river gods but that's not likely to be picked up in the show. The freefolk keep the northern gods (weirwoods basically) same as the Starks and most of the north.

Thanks a lot, I was hoping there would be some unexplored religious themes that haven't been covered by the show yet.

KahooTs

Got to be more to resurrection, I doubt book Bloodraven won't acknowledge the death of the king he's been creeping on all this time. In the show he thought Jon important enough to take Bran to the TOJ, but then Jon dies and we are given no scene of him acknowledging it? A guy that knows a thing or two about the undead.

Kozak

Banned
I do. I think she expects him to return to the wall afterwards. He's a means to her ends.

haha

I don't think Sansa is that bloody cruel.

I do think she expects to rule Winterfell as Jon is a bastard and, legitimized or not, a bastard should not be Lord of Winterfell.

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
I think it will revealed that syrio is a faceless man. Basically, his face is just one of many that is used by a faceless man.

mantidor

You know that whole thing with Arya is starting to really annoy me the more I re-watch it, I mean, the Waif attacks with a slit through the stomach, a freaking slit, who slits the abdomen? you slit a throat, not a stomach, it's beyond dumb.

Except that GRRM confirmed he was dead years ago.

Oh crap then its happening isn't it? like if D&D care. Look at what happened with Dany's immunity to fire.

Massa

Jon chose to face Ramsay even though he's undermanned. Theon drank ale.

Jon had to be convinced by Sansa to go to war, and only went after the news of Rickon arrived. When it was just about capturing Winterfell he wasn't going at all.

He wasn't the one who convinced the wildlings to go with him, that was mostly Thormund and Wun Wun.

He wasn't the one who convinced the Mormonts to go with him, that was mostly on Davos.

He also wasn't the one most actively rejected by the Glovers. It was Sansa who stood up and tried to make one last argument.

Jon's been pretty much useless this entire season, most likely because dying turned him into a bit of a coward who doesn't want to die again. He isn't anything like the character that fought the White Walkers and brought the wildlings south at the end of last season, as the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch.

Somehow i think the north will backstab the boltons big time.

There is no reason for house glover to support the boltons. As much as they have suffered from the ironborn the last lord glover was killed by a bolton or a frey and even if roose helped ramsey killed roose.

Even less reason for house umber. Even if jon snow released the wildlings in the eyes of the westerosi houses its the doing of the bastard. You wouldnt sell out the heir to your liege for that.. Also greatjon was killed by the frey/bolton alliance.

My theory is that all houses except the karstarks (they probably truly dont like the starks) and the mormonts (because there are too small) are part of that consipracy and they are rejecting the starks now in prder to properly backstab mid battle.

A huge tell off will be how other houses will react next episode.. Jon send ravens to the manderlys after all.

Turin

Banned
So far, the best thing in Jon's story this year was the feel good hug/reunion with Sansa.

I think most of us thought Jon would be more driven when he came back. I can respect the idea of subverting that expectation but they really didn't have much room to delve into it so it's just tedious.

It doesn't help that he looks castrated in that man-bun.

I can see Asshole Glover going and battle-taling that the Mormonts signed up with Jon, thus getting Queen Bear flayed.

Or she gets struck by a good arrow after putting the fear of god in 20 good men, making up for lack of skill and size with sheer spite and ferocity.

Speaking of killing cool characters that fight with Jon. I still miss Val Karsi.

Jon had to be convinced by Sansa to go to war, and only went after the news of Rickon arrived. When it was just about capturing Winterfell he wasn't going at all.

He wasn't the one who convinced the wildlings to go with him, that was mostly Thormund and Wun Wun.

He wasn't the one who convinced the Mormonts to go with him, that was mostly on Davos.

He also wasn't the one most actively rejected by the Glovers. It was Sansa who stood up and tried to make one last argument.

Jon's been pretty much useless this entire season, most likely because dying turned him into a bit of a coward who doesn't want to die again. He isn't anything like the character that fought the White Walkers and brought the wildlings south at the end of last season, as the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch.

Remember how he got elected to be lord commander?

That was sams speech not jons that moved the crowd.

Jon is not someone who makes speeches to move the crowd. He makes people beliehe that he is doing everything he does for them. Not by speaking but by doing it.

Apt101

https://youtu.be/EI0ib1NErqg?t=101

Can anyone take any guesses as to
what these banners are in the trailer 2? They look like House Hornwood.

I can't pick any out. One almost looks like House Arryn's marshaling, but the color's off and I didn't see the crescent. When I squinted at one it almost looks like a lizard-lion, but I doubt it, and besides House Reed wouldn't send bannermen to fight in some foot war.

Acidote

Ramsay's guts will end up hanging from the weirwood tree of Winterfell. In the old ways of the North as Ser Bartimus told Lord Davos at the Wolf's Den.

Pkaz01

I hope Arya and the Hound meet up again and he becomes her bodyguard like Brienne is Sansa's. Would be an amazing juxtaposition

Pkaz01

Would he really help her again after she left him for dead?

If she confessed that she didn't hate him anymore I could see it. But it would also parallel Sansa refusing Brienne's services at first.

She also kind of unknowingly saved his life by refusing his requests. The awkwardness of it all would be great.

takriel

But we all agree that if the Waif really wanted to kill Arya, she would have done so, right? Otherwise she's a pretty lousy assassin.

But we all agree that if the Waif really wanted to kill Arya, she would have done so, right? Otherwise she's a pretty lousy assassin.

For sure. Otherwise Why on earth would she go for chest stabs rather than a throat slice. It's clear she basically said fuck you to jaqens order of make it quick and wanted her to suffer.

Layell

The Starks speak of the old gods and new.
The new is the 7 and the old gods is what the 'real' northerners worship. (Wildlings and Forest children).

I haven't done a full check but I think it's mostly the Stark children who swear by old and new. They clearly being raised by a father of the old, and a mother of the new.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
For sure. Otherwise Why on earth would she go for chest stabs rather than a throat slice. It's clear she basically said fuck you to jaqens order of make it quick and wanted her to suffer.

Well that's just it. She wanted to make Arya suffer. She wanted her to die slowly and painfully.

Kweh

Maisie's 2 truths and 1 lie:

"Ayra goes back to Westeros, back over the sea."

"Arya is in the trailer more times than people have realized, because they don't realize it's her."

"Arya doesn't cross any names off her list."

Sophie Turner's 2 truths and 1 lie:

"Ramsay dies."

"Lady Stoneheart returns."

"Arya checks three people off her list."

Sophie's list.

With just 3 eps remaining, there's no way
Arya will check off three people from her list.

q_q

Why does she hate her so much?

I really think a weird theory like it's all in Arya's mind and there is no Waif is the only way to make sense of this storyline.

From a writing perspective I think they just needed an antagonist for this particular arc with Arya. In-world it seems to just be jealousy, she had to apparently work to get where she was and Arya just showed up with a coin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom