• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going back to the two truths and a lie part of Arya and Sansa, it seems to point towards the return of LSH.

Sansa's three were:

LSH Returns
Ramsay Dies
Arya checks three people off her list

It seems unlikely Arya kills three people before end of the season

I must have totally missed this last night, but Varys is going back to Westeros? Is that the case? If so, guess we're going to get the epilogue of Dance with Aegon switched for Dany.

munchie64

biDFHU0.gif
Someone edit pls.
Did you guys do some Men in Black mind erase of the episodes involving Dorne that occurred this season?
lol wat? I know not everyone liked the opener for tons of reasons, but a dumb 5 minutes doesn't make it automatically bad. And hey, because of that scene we've had no Dorne this season, so we should celebrate!

SpaceHorror

I must have totally missed this last night, but Varys is going back to Westeros? Is that the case? If so, guess we're going to get the epilogue of Dance with Aegon switched for Dany.

Yeah, pretty much.

My guess is that Cersei is gong to start fucking shit up (with all that wildfire), Kevan and Pycelle will try to bring things to order (either that or attempt to stop Cersei before she begins) and Varys will kill them so Cersei will destablizie the realm for Dany's arrival.

Yeah, pretty much.

My guess is that Cersei is gong to start fucking shit up (with all that wildfire), Kevan and Pycelle will try to bring things to order (either that or attempt to stop Cersei before she begins) and Varys will kill them so Cersei will destablizie the realm for Dany's arrival.

Jamie will realize Cersei is shit crazy when her plans kill Tommen

Dynamite Shikoku

Congratulations, you really deserve it!
Going back to the two truths and a lie part of Arya and Sansa, it seems to point towards the return of LSH.

Sansa's three were:

LSH Returns
Ramsay Dies

Why are people still believing this two truths game? It was just a bit of fun they were having. They probably didn't think people would actually believe them.

Ratrat

The Riverrun stuff was so bad. But the hell is Kevan Lannister doing? He's one of the most powerful men in the realm and head of the Lannister clan. He seems to want Cersei dead, has done nothing to bring back Lancel or advise Tommen. Is he trying to burn everything that Tywin built?

Sansa's three were:

LSH Returns
Ramsay Dies

Yep. The fact that Beric is still alive is a pretty big hint

The Riverrun stuff was so bad. But the hell is Kevan Lannister doing? He's one of the most powerful men in the realm and head of the Lannister clan. He seems to want Cersei dead, has done nothing to bring back Lancel or advise Tommen. Is he trying to burn everything that Tywin built?

Tommen is the High Sparrow's bitch now. Kevan is probably the one actually running the kingdom while Tommen just dicks around and the reads the Seven-Pointed Star over and over.

Also, Arya did become "No One". No One isn't a name, all the assassins have names. It's just a bestowed honor.

But, again--what was the point of it all? What was her arc here? Other than fightin real good, what did she learn? What did "becoming No One" even mean or do for her? Made her realize who she *truly* is or something?

Everything from Crane's murder onward felt like a parody of itself. The Uncharted obstacle course (the long ass roll down the stairs was supposed to be funny, right?), the Waif becoming the Terminator (god bless the actress--it's just a shitty role and probably no good way to portray it) and letting Arya get away, like, three times (which of course leads to her death), the weird need to add stunts to the chase (my sister lol'd at the awkward "oh no, a cart is in the way! good thing there's some sand underneath it to slide through"), the "you finally understand, kid" exchange with Jaqen...ugh.

I disliked that storyline from the books but they made it worse in the show.

XAL

Kevan can't really do anything because Tommen and Margaery enslaved the crown to the faith. He's basically salty as fuck right now that he can't actually do anything. I'm sure the power will shift back to the crown before the end of the season and Kevan will begin to right the ship. Until Varys and his birds come to kill him.

What the fuck at this theory form the other thread:

Is there any actual reason to think this? haha

Don't you know game of thrones promotes rape and violence against women? Merely depicting it condones it! /s

Yeah, pretty much.

Sounds about right to me.

Jayof9s

Sansa's three were:

LSH Returns
Ramsay Dies

Does that really need a spoiler tag? At this point it seems more likely to be fan trolling than anything.

It seems equally unlikely that LSH will return. If it was going to happen it would have been last night when they were hanging those three. And hell, does Arya's list even have more than 3 people left? She had a lot of them in the books but it was pretty condensed down in the show and she killed a few of them already in past seasons or other people did it for her.

Maybe they mistook the game for 2 lies and 1 truth, though I somehow also doubt that Ramsay will die. He'll probably take off his shirt to power up and destroy Jon's army solo, while his 20 good men destroy all the knights of the vale.

But, again--what was the point of it all? What was her arc here? Other than fightin real good, what did she learn? What did "becoming No One" even mean or do for her? Made her realize who she *truly* is or something?

Yeah. Take it over leave it. You have to understand they're not going to go into detail with these stories anymore, the goal now is end-game so fat is being trimmed: Arya is going home, Cersei's going to self-implode, Dany's story will shift more towards Westeros (heavily--it's implied), Jon will unite the north against the white walkers, Brann will be some kind of advisor (if he gets back), Brotherhood will be knights for Jon, (through the Red Woman), bring the Stark Family back (not revive people but just get them back together IE they were all by themselves by the survivors reunite), etc.

To do the last point Arya had to not join the Faceless Men. She is still a "No one" because she completed Jaqen's trials. It's quite obvious from their past interactions that Jaqen does have a soft spot for Arya so his reactions are correct.

Hazmat

I actually said "She's being chased by the T-1000" to my brother when we were watching last night. The extreme effort to look emotionless and the big arm pumping while running is what did it. Terrible story, everything about Arya in Braavos has been a waste.

The Riverrun stuff felt very strange. They've been accelerating the pace of so many things this season, and they chose to spend this much time on Riverrrun only to have it end with Jaime threatening Edmure and winning? Why even do it?

I really don't think LSH is happening but I do admit it's a bit suspicious to bring back Thoros and Beric (and Brotherhood out of nowhere) for apparently no big reason.

If it is it will be the closing shot of the last episode.

I'm actually a bit surprised at no Manderly this episode. It needs to be at the very beginning of the next one or I guess it's not happening :(.

XAL

I really don't think LSH is happening but I do admit it's a bit suspicious to bring back Thoros and Beric (and Brotherhood out of nowhere) for apparently no big reason.

It's pretty heavy handed though.

BERIC IS BEING KEPT ALIVE...FOR A REASON. (stoneheart)
YOU ARE HERE...FOR A REASON. (cleganebowl)

I mean show Jaime is interesting in his own way but he's just a completely different character than book Jaime.

Going to be weird to have my username after him without the same redemption arc as the books.

I'm actually a bit surprised at no Manderly this episode. It needs to be at the very beginning of the next one or I guess it's not happening :(.
They casted for a fat man. We shall see.

Also, Thoros and Beric showing up again is pretty key. LSH is still a possibility.

XAL

I mean show Jaime is interesting in his own way but he's just a completely different character than book Jaime.

Going to be weird to have my username after him without the same redemption arc as the books.

No redemption arc and moving past Cersei has been hugely disappointing. Not to mention changing the sept scene to a rape. People still watching the show that didn't read the books still hate Jaime.

welp

Jamie is going to have a redemption arc of sorts, when he realizes his sister is going to become the Mad King Pt 2. He killed the Mad King to save KL from being burned; what's he going to do when he returns to find that his sister carried out that exact horror?

Is it just me or this felt like a very weak episode? I've enjoyed pretty much every episode this season, especially 5,6 and 7 were very strong. But this felt slow, plodding, and nothing very important happened. Tyrion drinking wine telling jokes eating up more precious screen time, ugh. No explanation for why those Brotherhood guys murdered those people. Arya so easily handling the Waif. Just feeling a bit dissapointed with this episode.

It's not even so much the episode being bad, but it's the complete lack of hype for Bastard Bowl next week. No hype, no set up, no tension building. In past seasons I was hyped out of my mind for the Battle at The Wall, Stannis Battle in The Snow, Oberyn vs The Mountain. The Bastard Bowl just feels unearned, and it's due to the lack of build up in the preceding episode.

Ratrat

Tommen is the High Sparrow's bitch now. Kevan is probably the one actually running the kingdom while Tommen just dicks around and the reads the Seven-Pointed Star over and over.
Its a disaster for both Houses. We don't see a single scene of Kevan trying to talk with Lancel or Tommen. Why hasn't he sent Cersei away? Why isn't he in talks with the Tyrells and the Sparrow? Tywin, could control Joffrey(hell, even Tyrion and Cersei could for a time)but Kevan can't control Tommen, who's repeatedly been shown to be a spineless idiot?

I know they are trying to have Margaery manipulate the Faith into offing Cersei, but there are so many things that don't make sense.

Kevan can't really do anything because Tommen and Margaery enslaved the crown to the faith. He's basically salty as fuck right now that he can't actually do anything. I'm sure the power will shift back to the crown before the end of the season and Kevan will begin to right the ship. Until Varys and his birds come to kill him.
Margaery shouldn't have more power than the Hand, especially after being imprisoned. Tommen is a stupid boy. I want to know why Kevan seems to have done nothing to prevent any of this or seems to not care about it getting worse.

NeoGiff

Those of you who still think Stoneheart is happening... Where has her body been as literal years have passed since the Red Wedding? Does Beric have her in cold storage somewhere? What will it take for you to give up the delusion?

Lothar

Banned
Good recap by Linda this week. She rightly rips Jaime in Riverrun to shreds.

Lmao at AVClub giving the episode a B. Fire everyone associated with that site.

gutshot

It's pretty heavy handed though.

BERIC IS BEING KEPT ALIVE...FOR A REASON. (stoneheart)
YOU ARE HERE...FOR A REASON. (cleganebowl)

You think they are going to resurrect the two years old corpse of Catelyn Stark this season? She's going to be nothing but a skeleton.

She's either already been resurrected and Beric didn't have to sacrifice his life for it or it's not going to happen.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I don't think I've ever heard of Cleganebowl outside of GAF, but I ask, why would anyone think tha was ever a thing tha would happen? I can't think of any reason the Hound would ever fight for the faith. Like, none at all ever.

You don't need a setup like that for The Hound and The Mountain to battle one another. I do think a confrontation between the two is going to happen, but it's going to be far removed from Cersei vs. The Sparrow. It's just a weird thing to think that their battle would be because of what's happening in Kings Landing.

SteveWD40

Cat Stark's body would be green/brown mush by now, it's been years? I know time in the show is a bit all over the place but no way would she be in any state to resurrect.

Beric being alive and talking of Da Norf is interesting, maybe Sandor is supposed to head there in the long run and CleganBowl is a no-go.

Lothar

Banned
You think they are going to resurrect the two years old corpse of Catelyn Stark this season? She's going to be nothing but a skeleton.

She's either already been resurrected and Beric didn't have to sacrifice his life for it or it's not going to happen.

Last episode had Arya running perfectly fine right after being stabbed 6 times. Anything can happen. It doesn't have to make sense.

Ratrat

I can't remember what show Cersei is being trialled for, it's not fucking Jaime and him fathering her children is it?
Fucking Lancel and Killing Robert.

Btw, its rediculous that Lancel hasn't been punished for that. He openly admits to helping kill Robert and fucking the queen, but is free to walk the streets and murder people for whoring. Also odd that Kevan hasn't awknowledged it.
He gave away his family name plus he is useful for the High Sparrow.
How is he useful? If he gives up his name and inheritance(unlike the books) than he's nothing but a disposable thug...
Also how the hell can they ever punish anyone if they protect someone like him?

Fucking Lancel and Killing Robert.

Btw, its rediculous that Lancel hasn't been punished for that. He openly admits to helping kill Robert and fucking the queen, but is free to walk the streets and murder people for whoring.

He gave away his family name plus he is useful for the High Sparrow.

Last episode had Arya running perfectly fine right after being stabbed 6 times. Anything can happen. It doesn't have to make sense.

All the speculation last week seems so adorably naive in hindsight.

"That totally wasn't Arya!!!"
"Did you see how casual she was, out in the open?"
"Arya would never be so careless after running from the Faceless Men!"
"She's LEFT HANDED!"

If he didn't read the books and complained about that, they would probably hand him a few Tyrion chapters of the recent books so he'll go "oh thank god" instead. If he read the books, he wouldn't be complaining at all.

Tyrion's twiddling his thumbs this season, but at least he isn't wondering where whores go. Could always be worse!

Yep. He was my favorite character in the books pre-ADWD, but that book killed any interest I have in him.

RaidenZR

I dont see the problem with them not showing Arya fighting. She has been training while blind and the waif has not. Arya cut the lights so she had the advantage. Nothing else needs to be shown.

Except all they showed was Arya getting her ass beat, and never really besting the waif in any capacity. So it's impossible to believe she could kill her.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
I don't think I've ever heard of Cleganebowl outside of GAF, but I ask, why would anyone think tha was ever a thing tha would happen? I can't think of any reason the Hound would ever fight for the faith. Like, none at all ever.

You don't need a setup like that for The Hound and The Mountain to battle one another. I do think a confrontation between the two is going to happen, but it's going to be far removed from Cersei vs. The Sparrow. It's just a weird thing to think that their battle would be because of what's happening in Kings Landing.

pretty sure it's based entirely on book lore on the hound hanging out at the quiet isle with a septon. since robert strong would be cersei's champion, they tie the whole valonqar stuff into it.

more obvious result of course is that, like the show, there won't be a trial by combat, or that robert strong will just crush some nobody/lancel.

dabig2

I can't remember what show Cersei is being trialled for, it's not fucking Jaime and him fathering her children is it?

Yeah, it's weird because that would make Kevan, Tommen, and the Tyrells stacking the deck against Cersei so incredibly dumb. In the books they rightly point out that if she's found guilty then the Lannisters and Tyrells are fucked fucked fucked. Tommen would no longer be a legit heir and all the power of the throne would be undone. No one in KL, other than the Faith who could benefit from the populist outrage at the elite, should be wanting Cersei to be found guilty.

Tuck

^Could that be the High Sparrow's end game?

Kevan in the books was definitely more accomplished. Or rather, more competent. Here I guess his hands are tied, plus he really hates Cersei.

I'm surprised people are expecting the showrunners to expand and go into more detail of storylines when they're supposed to be closing them down.

Also, Arya did become "No One". No One isn't a name, all the assassins have names. It's just a bestowed honor.

Its not really supposed to be an honor. More of a way of life.

The point of the Faceless Men is that their own selves don't matter. They are supposed to give up who they are.

Which is why it didn't make sense that Jaquen said "You have finally become no one," because Arya's actions the past few episodes have clearly shown that that is not the case, regardless of whether or not she killed the Waif.

Its not really supposed to be an honor. More of a way of life.

The point of the Faceless Men is that their own selves don't matter. They are supposed to give up who they are.

Which is why it didn't make sense that Jaquen said "You have finally become no one," because Arya's actions the past few episodes have clearly shown that that is not the case, regardless of whether or not she killed the Waif.

Exactly. I figured the Faceless Men turn you into a Faceless Man/Woman and that's your life now. It's not a certificate of accomplishment or something.

And yup, I don't even know what "becoming No One" is supposed to mean, because Arya never became No One because she was always Arya in her heart, but that also apparently also somehow means you are No One?

How many episodes did we spend on her arc to get to *this* point? Ugh.

KahooTs

The cost vs reward for Kevan to go to war with the Faith isn't there. The king is on the Faith's side now, they're not a threat to Lannister rule anymore, he doesn't give a shit about Cersei being stripped of power and Loras being trialled is oh well. It's the same as the books, he's placating them because fighting them means blood in the streets and the risk of turning the city against the Lannisters.

XAL

2 years hasn't passed in the show.

Ratrat

Why did Edmure 'why would I trust the Kingslayer.' Tully betray the Blackfish and hand over Riverrun for the non-chance that Jaime or the Freys would allow him to live with his 'wife'. Who he's only seen once, who was probably in on the plot for all he knows. He's never seen the baby so it may not even be his.
Why does he give a shit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom