• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabig2

Wasn't there a Arya warging into a cat scene in the books? Why couldn't they do that?

Yeah, and it was awesome as hell, as was her warging into Nymeria half a continent away. But the show decided to gift only Bran all the supernatural warg powers long ago.

Yeah multiple stab wounds, one that was twisted, healed because they were wrapped in bandages haha

They completely fucked that up.

It really makes no sense at all and I'm pretty disappointed that the guys in this thread shooting down the theories and yelling "the shows writing sucks" came out ahead on this one.

Didn't anyone stop and reflect while writing that shit, "woah usually getting stabbed in this show is an instant death. Are we sure we want to have her survive multiple stabbings?"

Fake Cersei the night nurse confirmed. Too bad she's dead now cause she could've treated many a superhero. Same goes for Ray. Though Sandor is a special case as he survived on pure hate as opposed to any of Ray's magical healing touch and the power of prayer.

- Game of Thrones: Season 6 Game Revealed: Episodes 7 & 8
Go behind the scenes of episodes 7 and 8 from 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 in this featurette.
Watchers said:
This week’s video focuses on the filming of the Hound’s return, the creation of the castle Riverrun with a working drawbridge, the siege that brings together several characters for intense moments, Tyrion’s drunken chat with his co-workers, and Arya’s wild chase scene through Braavos.

The Game Revealed includes interviews with episode director Mark Mylod, showrunners David Benioff and D.B Weiss, production designer Deborah Riley, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Rory McCann, Ian McShane, Maisie Williams, Peter Dinklage, Nathalie Emmanuel, Jacob Anderson and more.

Note that this is also up on HBOGo, HBO Now, on demand, etc...

Branduil

I'm not sure why that's so unusual. Braavos is a free city and a port, which means you get all sorts. It's not some sort of city in open rebellion or anything. I'm sure there are satirical plays which make fun of the crown in King's Landing, but at the same time there could easily be ones which simply attempt to dramatize the "popular" narrative as well.

But Joffrey being a shitty king wasn't a secret or anything. It was extremely obvious to everyone who saw him that he was a terrible person and would end up being a nightmare of a king.

It's like if someone in Europe made a play about George W. Bush being a great president... pretty unlikely.

Madness

Oh man I think I just got spoiled by an image that some clown purposely posted from next weeks episode. Would piss me off so much if true.

fanboi

Banned
So the hottest girl in this show is as following (alive):

1) Margery
2) Danerys
3) Sansa

Guys I would guess:

1) Jon Snow
2) Daario
3) MOTHER FUCKING HOUND

Tuck

Yeah multiple stab wounds, one that was twisted, healed because they were wrapped in bandages haha

It really makes no sense at all and I'm pretty disappointed that the guys in this thread shooting down the theories and yelling "the shows writing sucks" came out ahead on this one.

Didn't anyone stop and reflect while writing that shit, "woah usually getting stabbed in this show is an instant death. Are we sure we want to have her survive multiple stabbings?"

Probably not. They did it for for the shock factor.

mantidor

But Joffrey being a shitty king wasn't a secret or anything. It was extremely obvious to everyone who saw him that he was a terrible person and would end up being a nightmare of a king.

It's like if someone in Europe made a play about George W. Bush being a great president... pretty unlikely.

Not at all, the even make a point out of it when Oleena and Margeary interrogate Sansa about Joffrey because they are not sure what they are facing.

The official story is the one shown in the play, and the one everyone believes.

Zabka

Do you really need the character to explicitly state that they sewed up a wound as they cut to her wrapping Arya's stomach up? She said she's good at patching people up. What could that possibly mean?! Will someone please make sense of this cryptic text?!

I'm surprised you aren't complaining about the actress teleporting Arya to her home because they didn't show her being carried.

Ratrat

Not at all, the even make a point out of it when Oleena and Margeary interrogate Sansa about Joffrey because they are not sure what they are facing.

The official story is the one shown in the play, and the one everyone believes.
They ask her because they heard disturbing rumours no? Plus, that was back in season 3
So the hottest girl in this show is as following (alive):

1) Missandei
2) Melissandre
3) Bad Pussy

Guys I would guess:

1) Jon Snow
rest are whatever.
fixed

Gigglepoo

Do you really need the character to explicitly state that they sewed up a wound as they cut to her wrapping Arya's stomach up? She said she's good at patching people up. What could that possibly mean?! Will someone please make sense of this cryptic text?!

I'm surprised you aren't complaining about the actress teleporting Arya to her home because they didn't show her being carried.

Sewed up her organs? That's one talented actress. And Talia died in Robb's arms to the same wounds. Wasn't there another character or two who got stabbed in the stomach and died? It was implausible in this universe.

Lothar

Banned
There was a whole scene showing someone treating her wounds and then they made it a point to show that they opened up again towards the end of the chase.

But yeah superpowers amirite

This post is almost as funny as what happened on the show. Yeah, superpowers.

Do you honestly believe in real life you'd be running around right after being stabbed 6 times? Do you think you wouldn't be in tremendous pain just standing even if you were sewn up? Are you a GoT writer?

mantidor

ItV1K0K.jpg

This are funny.

Zabka

Sewed up her organs? That's one talented actress. And Talia died in Robb's arms to the same wounds. Wasn't there another character or two who got stabbed in the stomach and died? It was implausible in this universe.
Sometimes people get stabbed once and die. Sometimes people get stabbed 20 times and survive. It all depends on where you get it.

The waif could have killed Arya instantly if she wanted. She wanted her to bleed out and die slowly.
This post is almost as funny as what happened on the show. Yeah, superpowers.

Do you honestly believe in real life you'd be running around right after being stabbed 6 times? Do you think you wouldn't be in tremendous pain just standing even if you were sewn up? Are you a GoT writer?
If I had fantasy universe heroin like Arya did I'd be out cruising the town for more milk of the poppy.

Ratrat

Sometimes people get stabbed once and die. Sometimes people get stabbed 20 times and survive. It all depends on where you get it.

The waif could have killed Arya instantly if she wanted. She wanted her to bleed out and die slowly.

If I had fantasy universe heroin like Arya did I'd be out cruising the town for more milk of the poppy.
We're talking about a little girl, not the Hound. She should not be able to get stabbed that many times, swim in a filthy river, walk to the theater and nap in a dresser. It makes you wonder how Roose and Balon died so easily a few episodes ago.

I'm also a bit confused as to why the waif didn't follow Arya into the river. Was she satisfied that a young girl could not realistically survive that, or what...

mantidor

It was executed horribly, but you can figure out what they were trying to do. The Waif only stabs to make her suffer, she knows how not to hit a vital organ, which is why she twists the knife and everything, Arya takes this opportunity to punch the Waif and escape. Later Lady Crane just happens to know how to cure non-lethal stab wounds because she did them herself. It's lame, but it's not impossible.

Actually most of the public thinks that Joffrey was fine and it was Tyrion as the Hand that was awful.

Ratrat

It was executed horribly, but you can figure out what they were trying to do. The Waif only stabs to make her suffer, she knows how not to hit a vital organ, which is why she twists the knife and everything, Arya takes this opportunity to punch the Waif and escape. Later Lady Crane just happens to know how to cure non-lethal stab wounds because she did them herself. It's lame, but it's not impossible.
If she wasn't stabbing to kill, she should have followed Arya immediately. Instead, Arya actually gets away and patched up. And if Arya had left the house immediately(she seemed physically capable!) the Waif may have never even found her.

Yeah I hate that too. Didn't she learn to warg in the books as soon as she was blind?

Another big missed opportunity.

You don't have to carry water for this. It was sloppy and poorly thought out, plain and simple.

We KNOW the Waif wanted Arya to suffer a long death. Maybe they could have D&D'd it and had some kind of explanation during the wound-patching scene--"she twisted the knife--she wanted me to suffer but not die" or "these are shallow wounds--she didn't want you to die immediately" or something like that. It's not necessary, but it could have at least given context to how Arya was able to move after one night of healing.

The knife twist, though, was just bad writing in hindsight. That's a move meant to cause damage that takes a LONG time to heal, probably not ever "correctly" unless treated extremely well and with lots of rest.

There's just so much about those entire sequences that don't make much sense.

They could have also easily used the milk of the poppy as an excuse for how she was unable to feel pain due to being doped up...but she didn't. Might have made the chase more interesting to have a loopy-ass Arya trying to escape an assassin.

spootime

I'm disappointed with how the Stark women have been treated this season in general. Its very sad because thats one of my favorite part of the books.

Arya: I was hoping she would exhibit some sort of ruthlessness and outsmart the Waif. Instead she gets stabbed, cries, runs around, and basically gets lucky. Not to mention all the plot holes of getting your intestines ripped open and then running around perfectly fine 24h later.

Sansa: My expectation with Sansa was that she would show that she learned at least something from littlefinger and manipulate the northern lords into helping their cause. Instead she's just kind of walked around doing nothing, failing, and then begging a man for his help.

Maybe I'm projecting what I want to happen because the books aren't complete yet. But it seriously looks like GRRM is setting up both Arya and Sansa to be more independent and empowered by the end of the 6th book. This season has done nothing in that regard for either character.

I don't care what anyone says, Gendry is the hottest guy on GoT, and he's still alive for all we know. :p

Wasn't there a Arya warging into a cat scene in the books? Why couldn't they do that?

They haven't set up Arya being able to warg at all. It's been part of her character all the time in the books since she had wolf dreams and such, however the show only ever depicted Bran as capable of warging, but none of the other Stark children, including Jon.

No love for the new red priestess aka Ania Bukstein aka Israeli Rachel Weisz?

I actually really liked her scene/performance.

Outsmarting her would have involved not wandering the streets without a care and letting an old woman approach you while a group of assassins is looking for you :p

I loved her from the moment I saw her. She's great.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Outsmarting her would have involved not wandering the streets without a care and letting an old woman approach you while a group of assassins is looking for you :p

Especially when she called out to her exactly like Jaquen did from the age before she started stabbing.

That's such a tell Arya should've stabbed her right away.

fanboi

Banned
No love for the new red priestess aka Ania Bukstein aka Israeli Rachel Weisz?

I actually really liked her scene/performance.

Oh yeah, thought it was her at first.

And I revoke my list

dubq

To see how wrong you are, think about why Ramsay having Arya was what made him break his vow in the books. Unlike those situations, in the situation, he's the only one that can save his family member. He would be a piece of shit if he didn't go rescue Arya or Rickon after receiving Ramsay's letter. Him dying and coming back to life was absolutely pointless.

Not talking about the books.

Gigglepoo

On today's episode of The Watch, Andy Greenwald said "Book readers love Dorne." I laughed even though I'm one of the book readers who does.

Can there be a moratorium on non-book readers talking about the book? It's always really weird when they do.

NeoGiff

I hope I'm not opening a can of worms here, but I want to know.

What the hell is "shipping"?

I mean, I've heard people talking about it a lot over the last few years, but it's really confusing to me. Is it:

A. People imagining fictional characters in a relationship, and wanking over the prospect.
B. People simply imagining fictional characters in a relationship.

If it's A, call me prudish, but I think it's a bit weird.
If it's B, why does it even warrant specific terminology? That's so weird. It just seems so odd to me that people say "I ship them" and supposedly mean "I imagine these people in a relationship". What the hell?

Regardless of what it is, it seems to be an American creation that's quite alien and seems kind of pointless to a lot of us over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom