• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pkaz01

Seriously? The Broken Man had some of the best shots the show has ever had.

That's nice but if he is fucking up characters and completely failing to understand them then he doesn't need to direct for this show. We don't watch for a nice shot or "cool" chase sequence. He goes on and on about his lame chase scene but forgets that these are supposed to two extremely high level assassins. The waif is fucking running around town tackling people with a bloody knife in her hand like the terminator and coming down the steps slow and shit as Arya rolls down a fruit market lol.

A more skilled director would have focused on make that seem like a deliberate trap than trying to make Arya seem like a stupid young kid who messed around and got stabbed the very next episode after the previous director made her seem like a very smart kid who went and hid asap with her weapon.

Speevy

Banned
That's nice but if he is fucking up characters and completely failing to understand them then he doesn't need to direct for this show. We don't watch for a nice shot or "cool" chase sequence. He goes on and on about his lame chase scene but forgets that these are supposed to two extremely high level assassins. The waif is fucking running around town tackling people with a bloody knife in her hand like the terminator and coming down the steps slow and shit as Arya rolls down a fruit market lol.

A more skilled director would have focused on make that seem like a deliberate trap than trying to make Arya seem like a stupid young kid who messed around and got stabbed the very next episode after the previous director made her seem like a very smart kid who went and hid asap with her weapon.

I don't think you understand how this show is directed.

Pkaz01

Williams explains that episode director Mark Mylod and his team wanted Arya's escape from The Waif in episode seven and subsequent chase in No One to be far more theatrical, but the actress maintained that it wasn't Ayra's style.

She said that in her mind, Ayra was really struggling, and wouldn't expend extra energy on pulling cool-looking stunts when she was just trying to stay safe:

"I wanted her to look like she was struggling. I didn’t want [the chase stunts] to be unnecessary or superhuman. I got on set and they were [going to have Arya] rolling around, and diving, and I was like, 'That looks amazing, but no.' I’d be like, 'Why would she run over there? She’d just duck under here and just get out.'"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2016/...ie-williams-explains-why-arya-was-never-goin/

I don't think you understand how this show is directed.

Maybe not but I do know Mylod is a shit director

Speevy

Banned
I have no doubt that missteps were made, but it doesn't seem to me that a rogue director just jumped in there and recommended that Arya become Jason Bourne.

As much shit as D and D don't plan, they totally planned that. They read about Arya going about the alleyways in Braavos, and made her some kind of failed Mirror's Edge.

I dunno, that seems like a lot of work. I think he might find himself Lost in all that.

w5spFaA.gif

Ratrat

The Blackfish was just a coward who fled the Red Wedding. He holed up in Riverrun to protect himself instead of it being a strategic move. He pointlessly dies instead of 'running' again. Because saving his last living non-traitorous relative was somehow against his character or something.

I'm not buying that the Blackfish died off screen deliberately. They must have shot something even more terrible than some of the Dorne fights and decided to cut it. The scene where anonymous Lannister soldier tells Jaime looks like something shot in a hurry as well.

NeoGiff

Brienne tried making that point to him but he vainly brushed it off when he remarked that he didn't know what her signature looked like. He had no immediate reason to trust Brienne and it showed. Agree with you on ALL other points raised though.

But she'll do a better job of helping Sansa than he ever could. That random 180...

NeoGiff

I actually noticed some shoddy ADR when Blackfish is leaving Brienne to find his offcreen death.

One of his last lines is "I haven't had a proper sword fight in years."

However, if you look at his mouth, in the take they used he was actually saying "I haven't had a proper sword fight FOR years."

Seems like an odd oversight.

Edit: Triple post? Goddammit.

Wvrs

Are we thinking it likely that Jon is crowned King in the North by the end of this season? In the books, if he was at where he's at in the show now, I'd think it was a sure thing thanks to Robb's will, but I'm not so sure here.

Yea Arya was stabbed but she took milk of the poppy and was able to run a little. Not super far fetched since her pain was probably masked allowing her to be more mobile. Do people not remember history of real life wars and what soldiers were still capable of when badly wounded and highly drugged up?

Such weird complaints this show gets ranging from..deaths are too gruesome..to..oh no the deaths occurred offscreen. Then we have the teleportation complaints.. when 90% of movies and shows have what would be considered time travel by most. I know I don't want to spend two episodes watching people ride on a horse up a trail.

Kozak

Banned
Are we thinking it likely that Jon is crowned King in the North by the end of this season? In the books, if he was at where he's at in the show now, I'd think it was a sure thing thanks to Robb's will, but I'm not so sure here.

After last weeks ep I really think it is gonna come down to "We're sorry brah :( You da king of da North" while 40,000 men (KoV included) face them.

I think he will act as KotN for a decent amount of time before finding bout his parentage.

Yea Arya was stabbed but she took milk of the poppy and was able to run a little. Not super far fetched since her pain was probably masked allowing her to be more mobile. Do people not remember history of real life wars and what soldiers were still capable of when badly wounded and highly drugged up?

Such weird complaints this show gets ranging from..deaths are too gruesome..to..oh no the deaths occurred offscreen. Then we have the teleportation complaints.. when 90% of movies and shows have what would be considered time travel by most. I know I don't want to spend two episodes watching people ride on a horse up a trail.

Milky of the Poppy will put you on your ass and your head in the sky. Its Opium.

Soldiers kept on going because they were running on adrenaline.

I don't have any complaints about Arya's energy while wounded. Its very normal even in real life for adrenaline to carry you through extreme pain.

Moff

as soon as he learns he is a targaryen he will jump in the next boat towards dany to marry her. next season will be all about bachelorette dany picking her husband.

duckroll

Jon will die next week. Sansa kills herself rather than be taken by Ramsay again. Right after she dies, Littlefinger's army arrives, but they bend the knee to Ramsay when they see the situation, and the North is united under Ramsay Bolton, True King in the North. Littlefinger recovers Sansa's body, and forces Mel to bring her back. Lady Stoneheart is born.

After last weeks ep I really think it is gonna come down to "We're sorry brah :( You da king of da North" while 40,000 men (KoV included) face them.

I think he will act as KotN for a decent amount of time before finding bout his parentage.

Milky of the Poppy will put you on your ass and your head in the sky. Its Opium.

Soldiers kept on going because they were running on adrenaline.

I don't have any complaints about Arya's energy while wounded. Its very normal even in real life for adrenaline to carry you through extreme pain.

Sure it can put you on your ass but you can still help with pain when you come to. Plenty of people still function on opiate drugs....and as ypu said if she's being chased Adrenaline may come through naturally.

Aiii

So not worth it
Jon will die next week. Sansa kills herself rather than be taken by Ramsay again. Right after she dies, Littlefinger's army arrives, but they bend the knee to Ramsay when they see the situation, and the North is united under Ramsay Bolton, True King in the North. Littlefinger recovers Sansa's body, and forces Mel to bring her back. Lady Stoneheart is born.

I'm gonna be disappointed if this glorious clusterfuck doesn't happen on Sunday, you know that, right?

Tacitus_

oQQv12X.gif

Kettch

I know I don't want to spend two episodes watching people ride on a horse up a trail.

I'd argue that some of the show's best moments were just that. Tyrion/Bronn and Jaime/Brienne traveling around were great. Requires solid dialogue though, so perhaps you're right that it would be trash these days.

ramparter

Banned
I give you that I don't see a bright future for Sansa...

I'd argue that some of the show's best moments were just that. Tyrion/Bronn and Jaime/Brienne traveling around were great. Requires solid dialogue though, so perhaps you're right that it would be trash these days.

In my opinion traveling with The Hound and also the combo of Brienne and Pod have been the best moments. Jaime and Brienne was decent as well.

TheContact

There was a whole scene showing someone treating her wounds and then they made it a point to show that they opened up again towards the end of the chase.

But yeah superpowers amirite

Organs don't heal that fast. She should have died from sepsis without some kind of surgery

For a show that needs to get a move on, I don't see the point in Riverrun at all.

People barely remember Edmure and Blackfish, and would just assume they were killed at the Red Wedding. There wasn't a loose end to tie up.
Brienne and Pod did nothing and are just heading back where they came from.
Jamie is just heading back to Cersei, and nothing important has happened in KL that required the Lannister army to be absent.

And I still don't get the point of wasting so much time on Arya and the Faceless Men. I'm guessing they just did it because it's in the book, but then threw out whatever the book had to say. It seems like it was all just an excuse to give Arya the ability to fight in the dark. She clearly can't use faces whenever she wants, or she'd have done so when escaping Bravos instead of walking around as herself.

I'm really hoping next week isn't just a predictable 'epic battle' with Littlefinger riding in to save the day like the Tyrells/Stannis at Blackwater/The Wall.
I have some hope that Ramsay will get an ignominious death, as foretold by his father. I will be very disappointed if it ends in Bastardbowl solo combat with Jon. Especially since Jon can barely move under the weight of his plot armour.

rando14

e2bWnBF.gif

fanboi

Banned
This is how it will *really* go down:

Jon and Sansas army is small but they have no choice but to attack Winterfell and, die trying. And the most dire need Littlefingers army arrives but oppurtunist as he is joins Ramsey and attack Snow and Stark.

But then Bran with the Power of the 9th legion of falling star raises all chopped down weirwoods and make them attack and slaughter all that oppose them.

And thus the Ents are born and the leader is called Treebeard

Zabka

Organs don't heal that fast. She should have died from sepsis without some kind of surgery

Who said she was healed? She was cleaned, sewed up, wrapped up and then given painkillers.

People have survived worse in real life than a slash and two stab wounds. Much worse.

Turin

Banned
This is how it will *really* go down:

Jon and Sansas army is small but they have no choice but to attack Winterfell and, die trying. And the most dire need Littlefingers army arrives but oppurtunist as he is joins Ramsey and attack Snow and Stark.

But then Bran with the Power of the 9th legion of falling star raises all chopped down weirwoods and make them attack and slaughter all that oppose them.

And thus the Ents are born and the leader is called Treebeard

wuOMSLF.gif

Lothar

Banned
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2016/...ie-williams-explains-why-arya-was-never-goin/

Williams explains that episode director Mark Mylod and his team wanted Arya's escape from The Waif in episode seven and subsequent chase in No One to be far more theatrical, but the actress maintained that it wasn't Ayra's style.

She said that in her mind, Ayra was really struggling, and wouldn't expend extra energy on pulling cool-looking stunts when she was just trying to stay safe:

"I wanted her to look like she was struggling. I didn’t want [the chase stunts] to be unnecessary or superhuman. I got on set and they were [going to have Arya] rolling around, and diving, and I was like, 'That looks amazing, but no.' I’d be like, 'Why would she run over there? She’d just duck under here and just get out.'"

Maybe not but I do know Mylod is a shit director

Did they convince her to go through with it anyway? Or was the scene supposed to even more ridiculous?

Poor Maisie, getting handed such awful material.

Jayof9s

"The situation" being Ramsay shirtless atop a mound of corpses with 20 good men behind him. The knights of the Vale will see they have already been defeated and surrender without a fight.

Did they convince her to go through with it anyway? Or was the scene supposed to even more ridiculous?

Poor Maisie, getting handed such awful material.

It sounds like it was supposed to be even more ridiculous, which is just absurd. I try to refrain from complaining much in this thread because there's enough of it but damn was that chase scene stupid.

Moff

Brienne: Come with us, there is still time to flee
Jon and Sansa: No, we ran enough. And we haven't had a proper battle in years.
[...] Blackscreen with metal sounds and screams.
Littlefinger: We found Lord Snow and Lady Sansa.
Ramsey: Bring them to me.
Littlefinger: They died fighting, my lord.
Ramsay nods.
Credits

fanboi

Banned
I also want to see Ramsey surviving the fight and flee but get The Hound sent after him... would be fitting for him (and something I really would love to see when The Hound fucks him up).

Chuckie

Ramsay nods.
Credits

This made me laugh.

Ramsay nods.
Credits

Alternatively:

Davos: Lord Snow, we don't have the men to defeat the Boltons, it's hopeless.
Jon: Sansa, perhaps now's the time to call on Lord Baelish?
Sansa: Never! I have a plan... Brienne!
Brienne: Yes, my Lady?
Sansa: Do you swear on your honour to protect Ramsay Bolton's life & keep his army in fighting form?
Brienne: On my honour, my Lady.

Somehow by the end of the season Ramsay will be dead and his entire army destroyed.

Alternatively:

Davos: Lord Snow, we don't have the men to defeat the Boltons, it's hopeless.
Jon: Sansa, perhaps now's the time to call on Lord Baelish?
Sansa: Never! I have a plan... Brienne!
Brienne: Yes, my Lady?
Sansa: Do you swear on your honour to protect Ramsay Bolton's life & keep his army in fighting form?
Brienne: On my honour, my Lady.

Somehow by the end of the season Ramsay will be dead and his entire army destroyed.

lol

Was not expecting that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom