• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratrat

Who said she was healed? She was cleaned, sewed up, wrapped up and then given painkillers.

People have survived worse in real life than a slash and two stab wounds. Much worse.
With modern medicine maybe. If the painkillers were doing their job she would be too groggy. I dont think she was under the influence at that point.

RaidenZR

Williams explains that episode director Mark Mylod and his team wanted Arya's escape from The Waif in episode seven and subsequent chase in No One to be far more theatrical, but the actress maintained that it wasn't Ayra's style.

She said that in her mind, Ayra was really struggling, and wouldn't expend extra energy on pulling cool-looking stunts when she was just trying to stay safe:

"I wanted her to look like she was struggling. I didn’t want [the chase stunts] to be unnecessary or superhuman. I got on set and they were [going to have Arya] rolling around, and diving, and I was like, 'That looks amazing, but no.' I’d be like, 'Why would she run over there? She’d just duck under here and just get out.'"
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2016/...ie-williams-explains-why-arya-was-never-goin/

Maybe not but I do know Mylod is a shit director

This pisses me off to no end. When even your long-term, 6-seasoned actors are telling the production and writing crew that this feels off, you should probably give it a second thought.

Zabka

The lengths people will go to defend shitty writing astounds me.

Posting what happens in the show instead of willfully ignoring it to make snarky internet posts. It's a mad world.

If you want to bitch about Arya wandering around without a care in the world last week after defying a secret assassin's guild I'm right there with you. If you want to pretend that the actress wrapped her in a dirty bath towel and Arya's all better so you can have another "20 good men" meme then I will have to disagree.

In a life-and-death situation? Certainly not unthinkable.

Unthinkable is exactly what that is. I think you are severely underestimating how much would get fucked up if you were stabbed in the stomach multiple times. You're going to be bleeding everywhere internally and several vital of your organs are now permanently damaged. With modern medicine you might survive, but running and jumping when stitches are holding your insides together is going to be extraordinarily painful. Arya didn't get the benefit of modern medicine, we don't even know if she got stitches. It is ridiculous that she's alive, but to be running and jumping? lol

This is something most people are overlooking. Arya has no reason to think the Waif is after her. The only reason we know this is because we see the Waif backstage at the play and her scene with Jaqen.

Arya didn't kill the thin man for a while and nothing happened to her (she did get punished for misusing faces) so there is no reason to think the Faceless Men would come after her for not getting the job done in a day. Harrenhal Jaqen made it clear that death can take time.

Not buying it. It was a league of assassins she walked out on. You really think she wouldn't have thought maybe there was some danger associated with that decision?

This pisses me off to no end. When even your long-term, 6-seasoned actors are telling the production and writing crew that this feels off, you should probably give it a second thought.

Yeah, that's awful, especially since the stunts were second-rate.

I didn't like the Waif, but I don't think it's the actress's fault, necessarily. She was written like shit when she was maybe supposed to be the jealous ex-favorite student or something like that.

Aiii

So not worth it
Unthinkable is exactly what that is. I think you are severely underestimating how much would get fucked up if you were stabbed in the stomach multiple times. You're going to be bleeding everywhere internally and several vital of your organs are now permanently damaged. With modern medicine you might survive, but running and jumping when stitches are holding your insides together is going to be extraordinarily painful. Arya didn't get the benefit of modern medicine, we don't even know if she got stitches. It is ridiculous that she's alive, but to be running and jumping? lol

Tell that to this guy.

Life-and-death and a huge adrenaline rush can make a human do impossible things.

Will it hurt like a motherfucker once your adrenaline levels go down? Sure. But is it unthinkable for a wounded person to do extraordinary things they couldn't normally manage? Not a single doubt in my mind.

Tell that to this guy.

Life-and-death and a huge adrenaline rush can make a human do impossible things.

Will it hurt like a motherfucker once your adrenaline levels go down? Sure. But is it unthinkable for a wounded person to do extraordinary things they couldn't normally manage? Not a single doubt in my mind.

With all respect to that man, it's a lot easier to stop your arm from bleeding out than it is to live without your vital organs working/bleeding. Yes, there are situations where adrenaline can help you when facing severe injuries, this was not one of those situations.

Who said she was healed? She was cleaned, sewed up, wrapped up and then given painkillers.

People have survived worse in real life than a slash and two stab wounds. Much worse.
Not in medieval times. If she was healed by magic fine, it's happened before. But that looked like non-magic to me.

rashbeep

Banned
Alternatively:

Davos: Lord Snow, we don't have the men to defeat the Boltons, it's hopeless.
Jon: Sansa, perhaps now's the time to call on Lord Baelish?
Sansa: Never! I have a plan... Brienne!
Brienne: Yes, my Lady?
Sansa: Do you swear on your honour to protect Ramsay Bolton's life & keep his army in fighting form?
Brienne: On my honour, my Lady.

Somehow by the end of the season Ramsay will be dead and his entire army destroyed.

lmao

Guys, don't forget Arya wasn't only stabbed in the stomach a few times and had her vital organs injured, she also dove into the canals of Braavos for an unspecified amount of time - at least enough for the Waif to think she's dead and to swim to a different place.

The canals of Braavos, where people toss their piss and shit and filth into.

Guys, don't forget Arya wasn't only stabbed in the stomach a few times and had her vital organs injured, she also dove into the canals of Braavos for an unspecified amount of time - at least enough for the Waif to think she's dead and to swim to a different place.

The canals of Braavos, where people toss their piss and shit and filth into.

In the books, that would likely be the death of the character, or at least crippling illness.

In the show? Eh. She's motherfucking Arya Stark, dawg, and she's got plot threads to unite places to be!

I have gotten better about separating the book logic from the show logic...but I really miss the grounded and dangerous feel of the first few seasons. It felt, tonally and logically, not far removed from the books.

Gigglepoo

I have gotten better about separating the book logic from the show logic...but I really miss the grounded and dangerous feel of the first few seasons. It felt, tonally and logically, not far removed from the books.

Show logic says that stabbing someone repeatedly in the stomach means they die. They're just shitty writers.

Jarmel

Banned
Don't forget Arya is still mobile enough to show off the Waif's face to Jaqen.

She should have been bleeding all over the place or in a hospital after the fight with the Waif.

A part of me is starting to believe in the tower of joy Lyanna gives birth to twins....Jon and Daenaerys.

I don't know how it would explain Viserys memories or if there's an age gap I am missing but I just feel there's more to Jons birth than we think.

Henkka

Banned
Don't forget Arya is still mobile enough to show off the Waif's face to Jaqen.

Why did she even go back there? Seems like an extremely stupid idea.

"Great, I managed to kill my would-be assassin. Since Jaqen doesn't know she's dead, I have ample time to escape the city without anyone coming after me. Or... I could go back to the House of Black and White, and brag about killing her to Jaqen's face! That'll show him!"

"Great, I managed to kill my would-be assassin. Since Jaqen doesn't know she's dead, I have ample time to escape the city without anyone coming after me. Or... I could go back to the House of Black and White, and brag about killing her to Jaqen's face! That'll show him!"

Luckily, Jaqen was feeling particularly "Coach Bombay" that day.

HkSFG26.gif

Chris R

I seriously hope that we get other stories outside of the battle next episode. Can't say that I've enjoyed a single battle focused episode yet :(

Freshmaker

I am Korean.

"One face or another will be there."

She simply met his conditions.

kirblar

A part of me is starting to believe in the tower of joy Lyanna gives birth to twins....Jon and Daenaerys.

I don't know how it would explain Viserys memories or if there's an age gap I am missing but I just feel there's more to Jons birth than we think.
If there's a twin, she's w/ Bran right now.

mantidor

She knows she has to pay the debt, if the faceless men don't know what happened to Arya and the Waif they will send someone else to kill her.

Onion A|V Club's weekly Polite Fight video feature:

- Arya turns classic chase-scene pacing into a trap on Game Of Thrones
A comment about the difference between suspending disbelief for natural and supernatural events on Game Of Thrones sparks a disagreement between John and Gus about whether or not it matters that this week’s episode, “No One,” failed to make Arya’s recovery believable. Regardless, both appreciate the sequence of spaces in the episode’s climactic chase scene, which John describes as a classic pattern of “narrow, wide, narrow,” with a minor twist at the end. In a similar vein, Gus breaks down the editing of Jamie’s scene with Edmure as “close, wide, close,” as he looks at how deft pacing and shot choices help elevate a pretty straightforward scene.

Faddy

Banned

Because if she didn't go get some sort of resolution she would never know that she was free from being killed.

She already tried just leaving by booking the first ship to Westeros and in that brief period of time between the going to the docks and returning to her hide out she was tracked down and stabbed.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I still don't get why the Faceless Men appear to have 2 total employees and one of them is never actually doing anything but standing around in this cool-looking crypt thing.

Gigglepoo

Did they really kill off Lem Lemoncloak within two episodes? I just don't see the point of him in the show.

They had to construct a way to free the Hound from his peaceful retirement. I loved how people theorized all week why the BwB had gone bad only to find out it was just three bad seeds. Clever storytelling, guys.

Interfectum

Just watched the last episode, I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking the whole Arya arc was fucking amateur hour in both writing and directing.

Speevy

Banned
This whole season has been building toward the moment when Grey Worm and Missandei perform their comedy routine for the masters.

They better lose themselves in the moment.

Cromwell

Banned
Man I just remembered how much of a monumental waste Tyrion's plot was this season. As much as people bitch about his plot in DwD being boring, this was just as bad.

Real Hero

This whole season has been building toward the moment when Grey Worm and Missandei perform their comedy routine for the masters.

They better lose themselves in the moment.

'My name is grey worm, because my cock was chopped off and it shriveled up like little grey worm!'

Cuts to tyrion laughing and drinking wine for the remaining 40 mins of the episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom